Resolved WY - Sweetwater, "Bitter Creek Betty", Wht/HispFem 24-32, 213UFWY, rose tatt/jewelry Mar'92 - N/A

Looks good Carl. The wide eye line - even down to the slight tilt of each eye - and similar nose bridge stand out even with the poor quality of Sherry's image. Both have DNA inquiries underway according the missing and UID pages. Sherry's age when this UID's death occured would have been 34 years old which is still close to the age bracket of 24-32.

The DNA inquiry was probably put in back in June when the UID profile on NamUs was entered. It is worth a closer look to compare these two.

if you look at Sherry's picture at Namus and zoom in on the pic there appear to be small children in the front of the pic. no way of knowing if they were hers, but this UID had given birth we are told.

there is one downside in my book with the UID being Sherry Bynum. if she left voluntarily from CO in 1987, then why would she be wearing a wedding band in 1992 as the UID had on her?

ETA: there is no mention of earrings or holes in Jane Doe's ears from earlier piercings. Sherry is wearing earrings in her pic.

This woman's photo was recently added to her previously "no-photo" NamUs casefile.

Sherry D. Bynum
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7172/36

I immediately thought of this Sweetwater WY Jane Doe.

2632716840045078242_zpsa4e66aff.jpg
2234be42-371c-4e59-94b9-4df67ef1b069.jpg

There is a five-year lag between her DLC (August 09, 1987), and discovery (March 1, 1992), but no evidence or suggestion that she might have died on the date that she disappeared.

She has a very similar facial shape, about the same cheekbone and chin/jawline structure. She also has very widely spaced eyebrows as does the Jane Doe.

Like the Jane Doe, she is a little taller than average. Her listed height is an inch taller (5'8") than Jane Doe's upper limit (5'6" to 5'7").

Both she and Jane Doe have brown eyes.

She also has a scar on her abdomen, as does Jane Doe. There is no indication of a tattoo, but the five year lag between her disappearance and discovery is plenty of time to get a tattoo (which was thought to have been created in Arizona, and looks to have been recently done).

I emailed LE 3 days ago regarding Sherry as I was querying if she matched a Jane Doe that I have been working on. The detective in charge of her missing persons case emailed the following to me:

When I got this e-mail ,I searched Sherry’s file and was able to locate one old photo. I just now uploaded that photo into NamUs. While I was looking for this photo I also located a copy of Sherry’s dental records. I emailed those records to "(name excluded) requesting that he enter those records into sherry’s NamUs File. Depending on how quickly they all get entered, Alexandra should have the photo available to her shortly.

If anyone requires details for this Detective please let me know, he was very helpful :)

I just got off the phone with Det. Ron Lopez of the Colorado Springs PD. I told him about the Sweetwater Rose Doe case, and asked that he compare this case to Sherry Bynum. He said that he might have looked at a Wyoming case already in comparison to Sherry, but after looking at it again he realized that it was not the same case that he had looked at.

He was very friendly, and we spoke for about 45 minutes, covering a number of different topics. He is a very enthusiastic proponent of the NamUs and has been trying to get other LE agencies to post their MP and UID cases to NamUs. He says that he has cleared quite a few of his MP cases using NamUs.

During our conversation, he brought up the case of two teenaged Colorado girls who apparently ran away in the early 1980's. I immediately knew he was talking about Yvonne Mestas and Victoria Sanchez.

mestas_yvonne.jpg
sanchez_victoria.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mestas_yvonne.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_victoria.html

I recalled that I had once looked at Yvonne as a possible match to a Kentucky UID case (DoeNet UID 526UFKY, NamUs UP #102), but never submitted it to anyone.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/526ufky.html

He said that he would compare the two cases, and let me know what he finds. But it also occurred to me that Yvonne somewhat resembled Sweetwater Rose Doe. I said that it would be a huge long-shot, but he said that he would take a look.

This woman's photo was recently added to her previously "no-photo" NamUs casefile.

Sherry D. Bynum

There is a five-year lag between her DLC (August 09, 1987), and discovery (March 1, 1992), but no evidence or suggestion that she might have died on the date that she disappeared.

She has a very similar facial shape, about the same cheekbone and chin/jawline structure. She also has very widely spaced eyebrows as does the Jane Doe.

Like the Jane Doe, she is a little taller than average. Her listed height is an inch taller (5'8") than Jane Doe's upper limit (5'6" to 5'7").

She also has a scar on her abdomen, as does Jane Doe. There is no indication of a tattoo, but the five year lag between her disappearance and discovery is plenty of time to get a tattoo (which was thought to have been created in Arizona, and looks to have been recently done).

I got a reply from Det. Lopez indicating that Sherry Bynum has been ruled out agains this Jane Doe.

AZ, white but predominately hispanic.

Possible illegal alien?

AZ, white but predominately hispanic.

Possible illegal alien?

Her tattoo was done in Tucson, so if she was an illegal alien, she had not just crossed the border.

Thanks, verdandie

She does have a much different look in that photo, but it still is not very clear.

Carl,
There is a photo online without the eyes being drawn in. It was placed in the newspaper June 24, 1992. I attached the link, not sure if that helps. It's kind of light. See attached link.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...jspAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XIQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6907,2988176

Here's a revision of my recon based on the image that verdandie posted. Her eyes are higher and wider-set than I had before. But you never would have known it with those drawn-in eyes on the other recon.

I wonder if the tattoo artist has any recollection of when he did the work on this UID. depending on that, it could help narrow things down.

I did find this missing woman who at least in my opinion bears some resemblance to the UID and that is Dawn Rene Silvernail. no reference to her being Hispanic, but was last seen in Michigan on November 8, 1991. she was not reported missing for 13 years so one has to question the validity of the date.

Dawn is a little taller than the UID (Dawn's stated height was 5'10") but there was reference to an abdominal scar, source not stated.

she could have gotten the tattoo after she left MI but if this is her, it did not leave a great window of time to get the ink job.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2998dfmi.html

Webrocket - this is also who I thought looked just like this UID. Do you know if Dawn was ever called in?

Attachments

• silvernail_dawn.jpg
    silvernail_dawn.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 120
Have I ever told you guys how amazing you are?

YOU. ARE. AMAZING!

Sherry D. Bynum

I got a reply from Det. Lopez indicating that Sherry Bynum has been ruled out agains this Jane Doe.

Carl,
There is a photo online without the eyes being drawn in. It was placed in the newspaper June 24, 1992. I attached the link, not sure if that helps. It's kind of light. See attached link.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...jspAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XIQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6907,2988176

I was just looking at Sherry Bynum against the photo that verdandie posted.

I think we need a second look on this one. This definitely looks like Sherry.

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...55987060045078242S600x600Q851_zpsee23fe5b.jpg

Just got word from Det. Lopez that they compared Sherry Bynum's dentals to this Jane Doe, and they were able to rule her out. He said that the dentals weren't close.

Do you think it may be worth it to submit her? Maybe they can rule get out if its not her...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

if you'd like to traacker that would be great. I just have not had the time to compose an email (assuming they have an email address for a contact). I've only called one in by phone.

Sounds good, webrocket. I'll send an email out sometime tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I received a response back from LE that once the DNA profile is complete for the UID they will run a comparison between Dawn's DNA and the UID's to see if they are a match! As soon as I hear anything back, I will be sure to let everyone know.

I have heard back from LE and unfortunately, Dawn Silvernail is not a match.

Hopefully we can keep searching until we find out who she is and bring her home...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back