WY WY - Virginia Uden, 32, & her 2 kids, Lander, 12 Sept 1980 *G. Uden guilty*

I believe that a woman incarcerated in Florida named Teresa L. Higginbotho(a)n looks very much like Virginia Lynne Uden. Ironically a Richard K. Cadarette, now deceased, but also previously incarcerated in FL used an alias Mark Uden and looks like the age enhanced Richard Uden. Also incarcerated is Earl T. Higginbothan in FL prison for sexual assault on minors.

do u have a link to her picture i went to this florida website and found no info on her

This case sounds more like they were random victims of highway-men/abductors who were out to get someone and the circumstances and opportunity was "right".

Or she just wanted to vanish with her sons. Lack of details about family history and just how much blood was found in the car leaves open many possibilities.

Bump

This week will mark 30 years that Richard, Reagan and Virginia have been missing.

Come home soon.

Murder of two families 'solved' 30 years on: Married couple arrested for brutal killing of her husband and his wife and children
• Gerald Uden, 71, and Alice Uden, 74, were both arrested at their home in Missouri and charged with murder
• Authorities believe Mrs Uden killed her husband Ronald Holtz in 1974 in Wyoming and hid his body in a mine
• Mr Uden is accused of killing wife Virginia Uden and her sons in 1980

The story with pictures at Daily Mail link above. WS does have, in 1980s Missing, a thread about the Uden family's disappearance. Nothing on that of Mr. Holtz though, that I found anyway. Bizarre story.

WY WY - Uden Family: Richard, 11, Reagan, 10, & Virginia, 32, Lander, 12 Sept 1980 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh my goodness- I've read many times about this case. A father killing his own sons? Ugh!

Glad they finally made two arrests.

Not too much new here but does include the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations press release.

Community Reacts to Arrests in Cold Case Murders. (ozarksfirst.com)
---
Both Udens were arrested in Missouri late last week and are in custody in the Christian County Jail, pending extradition to Wyoming.

Tammy Payne teaches school in Chadwick. She says the Udens were nice people who used to attended school functions. The arrests have come as a big surprise to this small community. "They live within a couple of miles of the school, and a couple of miles of where I live," says Payne. "Of course, their kids are grown and out of school, so we haven t seen them. You don t see much of them."
---

Lengthy AP article with video:

Couple Accused of Killing Exes, Kids 30+ Years Ago. (ABC)
---
As long ago as 1989, somebody told police that Alice Uden had confessed in 1975 or 1976 to shooting Holtz in the back of the head while he slept, according to an affidavit.

The affidavit did not identify the witness. Alice Uden allegedly told that person she'd wrapped Holtz's body in some blankets and placed his body in a cardboard barrel.

Alice Uden allegedly told the witness she'd then dumped the barrel in an abandoned gold mine on a ranch where she'd been living as a caretaker in the mid-1970s.
---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back