WY WY - Virginia Uden, 32, & her 2 kids, Lander, 12 Sept 1980 *G. Uden guilty*

Wow, so heartless, why could these people just not get divorced? Why kill innocent children? I wonder if these two had been seeing each other the whole time? Or did they meet after The lady killed her husband and she gave him the idea to kill his wife and her kids?
Either way they did not deserve the last 30 plus yrs of freedom.
It sounds as if maybe one of this ladys children may have told on her? IDK

The weird thing - well, one of them - was, they already had divorced their spouses before they allegedly killed them.

The weird thing - well, one of them - was, they already had divorced their spouses before they allegedly killed them.

What? I guess I didnt see that part. I saw that Dec 24th the husband went missing and like a few months later I thought the woman filed for divorce, he was not found to get his paperwork so it was approved.

What? I guess I didnt see that part. I saw that Dec 24th the husband went missing and like a few months later I thought the woman filed for divorce, he was not found to get his paperwork so it was approved.
You may be right - I read it way too fast. Just saw the "ex-".

ETA

You're definitely right on the Holtz. I'm still trying to figure out the Uden.

This is one messed up situation. Guess nothing binds 2 together like killing, yowza!

It seems Alice got the divorce afterward. Gerald was divorced, but he had previously adopted the children - so, he had to get rid of his ex-wife I guess not to pay child support, and the children so he wouldn't have to raise them or pay for their care. WTH!!!!

Bizarre that he finally confessed 33 years later, and at age 71. LE must have had enough evidence to convince him to confess, 'cause why tell now?! If you kept it secret this long, what's the point? Alice is just caught right out with the remains found and the .22 bullet in the skull, along with whomever reported it years ago. Wonder if the unnamed source of that report helped her carry a man in a cardboard barrel to an old mine shaft and shove it in?

21merc7:
Yea I think the kids told on mommy, they may have been made to help. I think ALice got caught and then told on her hubby, so he confessed. As he was arrested the next day. It is curious he felt the need to kill the ex if they were already divorced and the poor kids. But you are probably right, he didnt want to pay child support, but we don't know if he was paying it anyway or not. I would think grand parents would have been more than happy to raise them. So what did he gain by doing that?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/elderly-mi...g-homicides/story?id=20433523&singlePage=true

A Missouri husband and wife in their seventies are in jail and awaiting extradition on charges they each carried out murders in two different cold cases more than 30 years ago.

Alice Uden, 74, and her husband, Gerald Uden, 71, of Chadwick, Mo., are facing first degree murder charges for allegedly killing their ex-spouses and children, according to a Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation news release. They are both in custody in Christian County Jail in Missouri awaiting extradition to Wyoming.

The Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Wyoming was investigating the disappearance of Gerald Uden's ex-wife and her children when they learned that his current wife, Alice, may have been involved in the murder of her ex-husband in a nearby Wyoming county years earlier, an arrest affidavit said. ........more.........

Alice Uden is accused of killing her ex-husband, 25-year-old Ronald Holtz, who disappeared in late 1974 or early 1975 in Laramie County, according to an affidavit.

In August, Holtz's remains were found approximately 40 feet down an abandoned mine in Laramie County in August, an affidavit said.

Wow. What a story. It is amazing these two got along for 25 years without killing each other.

Why do they always murder the children? I hope these two get a taste of what they meted out to the innocent children and spouses they murdered. May justice be swift and unforgiving.

They are a nasty looking pair.

They probably stayed together so long because no one else would put up with them long enough for them to kill them. Birds of a feather, and all that.....

I wonder if they both knew what the other had done. I haven't seen the possibility mentioned anywhere.

Uden to Plead Guilty to Three Counts of Murder

[snip]

Gerald Uden has agreed to plead guilty to three counts of first degree murder.

[snip]

the state will not seek the death penalty

[snip]

Uden will have to provide the court with facts about all three murders, which apparently occured outside Pavillion on September 13th, 1980.

http://rivertonradio.com/index.php/2013/10/25/uden-to-plead-guilty-to-three-counts-of-murder/

And hopefully the locations of the bodies too!

Gerald Uden pleads guilty to the 1980 murders of his family, gives detailed account of the murders

In a packed courtroom this afternoon, Gerald Uden, 71, pleaded guilty to the 1980 murders of Virginia Uden, Richard Uden and Reagan Uden, and will be serving a life sentence for the crimes.

[snip]

After he shot them, Uden said he drove the bodies in the station wagon to his pick-up truck. In his pick-up he took them to the Lewiston gold mine in the South Pass area and stashed the bodies there.

On Nov. 5, 1980, Uden said he decided that wasn’t the right place for the bodies, so he collected them, and put them in large 55- and 35-gallon drums accordingly. He then drove them out at night to Fremont Lake north of Pinedale. Using a drop line he said he found the deepest part of the lake he could (roughly 450 feet), poked holes in the barrels and “put them in the lake.”

Uden did not apologize, but said, “There is no excuse.” Young replied, “I agree.”

http://county10.com/2013/11/01/gera...urders-family-gives-detailed-account-murders/

Horrible story. How does someone live day after day for 30+ years knowing that they murdered innocent children? I am glad justice was finally served and the mystery solved. I wonder if there will be any attempt to try to locate the drums on the bottom of the lake. 450 feet is pretty deep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back