Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 13 & 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks to all who post updates and tweets. You make this site what it is and I appreciate it. I was actually able to watch much of the testimony today and personally here's what I came away with:

Autry: I found him believable, even if I got the sense he may be leaving things out to make himself look better. He was a heavy drug user who needed his connections to keep the drugs coming and would thus be willing to do just about anything to stay in their good graces. Also, the defense's long discussion of the maps and cell phone pings didn't contradict what he said happened and, if anything, seemed to support Autry's version of events.

Clint: To me, the story of ZA and DA showing up early in the AM to teach Clint how to cook meth is, while tough to believe, still more believable than the long-standing Clint version of events. I guess IMO it provides more plausible answers to some of the behaviors of the primary actors, including Holly herself. For example, the neighbor hears screaming, but none of it was directed at Clint, her own brother and the nearest possible source of assistance? Also, Clint sees her just passively walking off into the woods with no sign of struggle, knowing what was the at the end of that walk was going to be horrific and very likely life-ending? Even if she had been beaten in the garage, which appears to have happened, it strikes me as oddly accepting of an undoubtedly terrible fate. Im not saying I'm completely convinced CB was involved in the way Autry claims, but it would answer some nagging questions for me.

Question: I may have missed it, but at any point was Autry asked what ZA/DA/SA was wearing? Outside of him mentioning DA without a shirt on (an odd detail which makes the story more believable to me), I don't recall hearing any reference to him wearing camouflage. If none of them were wearing camouflage, it makes me more suspicious of CB, who would potentially add the camo part of the story in an attempt to explain why he believed it was Holly's bf in the garage.

Bottom line is, while I'm not yet fully convinced of ZA's guilt (in a legal sense), I believe the case being built is pretty compelling so far.
JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said ZA was wearing camo.

Where was this 8 hours ago??!!!

The prosecution wasn't about to bring up the fact that their star witness was in the Aryan brotherhood.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The prosecution wasn't about to bring up the fact that their star witness was in the Aryan brotherhood.

Ok maybe 8 was an exaggeration. I meant when defense started. I might have led with something like that.

Don't think defense took into account this witness has probably been on the stand numerous times, and obviously isn't shaken or nervous being in court or on the stand. He wasn't going to be argumentative or a hostile witness. He refused to let her get under his skin, and thus, came off believeable, and unshakeable. Not that I believe his whole testimony.
I agree. He need to be believable, his future depends on it. He succeeded.

It will be interesting to see what comes up in testimony for the defense. I think that possibly the defense attorney is aware of her client's guilt and the best she can hope for is to sway the jury enough to not vote for the death penalty.

Since we don't know how Holly died (speculation about sound and movement being gas escaping post mortem) it seems like the angle may be that she was accidentally overdosed or something. So go for life without parole (do they have that in Tennessee?)

The way he told it, he thought she was already dead and gone, when he agreed to help dispose of the body.

When he heard the groan, and said she was still alive, Zach was supposedly the one who shot her. Not sure how he could stop that.

I would not vote murder in the first. But some kind of murder charge, or accessory charge, for sure.

But I am fine with him serving time for these gun charges, 8 years I believe, while helping Zach being put away forever. Because I do believe that Zach was the ringleader in this brutal, horrid murder.

Yes, agree. And I think overall these comments are leaving out the part where Jason not only said she moved and was alive, but then followed up with comments to Zach of "she's heard my name" etc...all concerned that she had heard Jason's name. He said a couple comments concerning this, not just one line.

So in a sense, he was almost pushing Zach to do something about that.

And then Jason goes out to make sure no one is coming from both directions as if he knows for certain Zach is going to fire. After all, the sequence laid out, there is no way that shot was "just a surprise" to Autry. No way.

Major accessory to this crime.

Yes, agree. And I think overall these comments are leaving out the part where Jason not only said she moved and was alive, but then followed up with comments to Zach of "she's heard my name" etc...all concerned that she had heard Jason's name. He said a couple comments concerning this, not just one line.

And then Jason goes out to make sure no one is coming from both directions as if he knows for certain Zach is going to fire. After all, the sequence laid out, there is no way that shot was "just a surprise" to Autry. No way.

It is horrifying to think he was going to gut her and she was still alive.

I have to ask this.If Jason Autry was on trial would you convict him of first degree murder and sentence him to death?

Based on his own testimony today yes. He's the one who said she was alive. Plus his fear that she probably heard his name which meant she had to die. Additionally running off to make sure no one was around definitely makes him guilty.

Although I would prefer life without parole. I'm in California and we never actually use the death penalty. I'd much rather these guys be mixed in with the general population than being in their own protected cells.

He said he didn't know Holly so why would he care if she heard his name? After all, he hadn't done anything to her---or so he says.

I watch most of the trial today with a fee interruptions so please fill me in on a few things. What I gathered was from the time holly was abducted to the time she was killed was about 2 hours? We don't know how they tried to kill her before loading her in the truck to dispose of her? Lastly is Dylan expected to testify?
Thanks

I watch most of the trial today with a fee interruptions so please fill me in on a few things. What I gathered was from the time holly was abducted to the time she was killed was about 2 hours? We don't know how they tried to kill her before loading her in the truck to dispose of her? Lastly is Dylan expected to testify?
Thanks

I still haven't been able to make the timeline fit. Does anyone think she was kept alive longer than what is being presented?

It will be interesting to see what comes up in testimony for the defense. I think that possibly the defense attorney is aware of her client's guilt and the best she can hope for is to sway the jury enough to not vote for the death penalty.

Since we don't know how Holly died (speculation about sound and movement being gas escaping post mortem) it seems like the angle may be that she was accidentally overdosed or something. So go for life without parole (do they have that in Tennessee?)

RBBM

I was thinking of this as well. I wasn't watching the trial on live feed, but reading everyone's posts here, it sounds like she isn't putting forth much effort to debunk JA's testimony.

I would NOT want to be in her shoes. I strongly suspect that she is getting flack for defending her client, which has to be extremely difficult to deal with. JA indicates ZA engages in drug abuse, incest, then murder . . . what new revelations about his [SARCASM]sterling[\SARCASM] character will we be privy to tomorrow?!

JMVHO.

He said he didn't know Holly so why would he care if she heard his name? After all, he hadn't done anything to her---or so he says.

Super great point in a sense. But bottom line, if she had lived to tell, and his story was completely true...he was still carrying what he thought was a dead body and was an accessory to the crime -----not reporting, hiding evidence...I don't know with his rap sheet, hauling a dead body off is still another charge bigger than drug stuff. But does make you think about the morning where he spent looking at wildlife but yet here is concerned with what she would say. Totally good point.

But is she proving that her client was not involved? He may be distancing himself from some of it, but it is not making her client look innocent.

I think she's hoping the jury will start to dislike JA and figure if he is dishonest with women and his mother, he could be lying in court. She may hope to come back later and say yes, you heard this and that and the other thing about my client, but consider who you heard it from. I just don't see any of what she's talking about being serious enough for her plan to work, if that's in fact her plan.

Since we don't know how Holly died (speculation about sound and movement being gas escaping post Morton) it seems like the angle may be that she was accidentally overdosed or something. So go for life without parole (do they have that in Tennessee?)

I think the jury will believe Holly was shot dead at point blank range in the back of the head by ZA. Even the skull fractures supports that. I don't think any of them are going to buy that they accidentally overdosed her in order to rape her although that would still be murder as well by injecting her most likely with meth against her will.

No one can inject someone with a lethal drug against the victim's will to facilitate a rape upon the victim. That would be as bad as a defendant who poisoned someone and then claim the victim accidentally died from it. A person cant accidentally overdose someone with a lethal drug when committing a felony kidnapping and rape. That is a premeditated action these meth heads knew would cause her to die. But even though being injected with lethal drugs against Holly's will would still be murder I believe JA when he said ZA shot Holly to death.

There are countless cases where the ME did not know how the victim died due to the condition of the skeletal remains when found. There have been many cases where the police/DA didn't even have a body and no forensic evidence but the suspect/s were found guilty based on all of the circumstantial evidence presented. 90% of cases tried are CE cases. This one so far, IMO has an overwhelming amount of powerful CE in it ....all pointing directly to ZA as being the kidnapper, rapist, and murderer. Here they have her skull with a bullet hole to the back of the head.

In every trial I have seen when a co-defendant testifies against another co-defendant they were believed by the jurors on the cases. The only time I have seen it not happen is when the defendant is a celebrity but ZA and the rest will never fit in that category.

If convicted, I am sure he will get death. If convicted, during the sentencing phase everything ZA has ever done wrong will come in and will be admissible. Maybe even some things we aren't even aware of yet.

IMO

Thanks

Yes about 2 hours. It all seems rather quick.

Correct, we know nothing (or not much) about the details of what went down specifically to Holly other than rape which Autry claims convos he had 2 days later with Zach and Dylan and Shayne Austin confirmed the rapes but no specifics about what would have killed her before being wrapped up and loaded in the truck.

Dylan - initially from what was said he was granted immunity (maybe still is) and was planning to talk, but recently (prior to trial) decided to change his story back to Zach had no involvement, so he is not expected to be put on the stand by prosecution.

I brought up earlier I thought he might now that it was revealed Zach was trying to have him killed.

Someone else made the good point that while the state may have told him that, it was still unlikely they would put him up because apparently Dylan's story (which I am unaware of) is very different than Autry's and there would be no consistency.

From everything I have heard from Autry and what I have heard about Dylan not being as smart, the prosecution likely picked the right witness here. Just from what I know, Dylan could not have pulled the "Jason Autry show" that it was today. Sounds like he would only muddy the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member