Zahau Death Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to ask someone from an IT department if a cookie update is considered a " file access"

And that business with AS admitedly watching( ughhh)<modsnip> *advertiser censored* from his iphone arghhh:furious:

I think Bremner purported that the searches for violent *advertiser censored* were done on the house computer the day prior to Rebecca's death. No time was give for them.

SDSO did not release any information on the forensics done one that search. Bremner has the details in the file Gore released to her. That is what she was reporting on. I didn't research whether Gore's threat came before or after that release but he stated that they did a background investigation on Rebecca and would release the details for public scrutiny if Bremner made him look bad. She shut down after that.

She never mentioned what type of *advertiser censored* Adam watched. I don't know that the police asked him to describe the *advertiser censored*. The police didn't know about the *advertiser censored* on the house computer at that time so why would they ask?

However, according to Bremner, Rebecca's body was displayed like one of the images found on the house computer. The search was done the day before her death. Bremner did not say what time the search was done but she did suggest that the computer had been accessed by someone using a SW airlines account.

<modsnip>? I also agree w/Inparadise. The SDSO should have investigated whether or not Jonah paid for Adam's ticket and how. Did he give Adam his CC# or did he make the arrangements? This is an important question, imo.

I was just surfing for anything new about these people and came across an article that proves your point (not that you need any help!):

July 25, 2011, quote from The Examiner:

>>>snip

…Despite the circumstances surrounding Zahau's death, authorities have said they believe she committed suicide, but are awaiting results to determine a definitive cause of death.

Max' s death has been ruled an accident….

(article continues)

<<<snip

http://www.examiner.com/article/jon...millionaire-who-s-silent-about-mansion-deaths

Rebecca's "suicide" was already a "belief" of "authorities" by 7/25/2012, so "discoveries" were made which supported that belief, and then presented to the public as "facts".

But don't stop what you're doing here, freespeech. It's powerful.

BBM

Thanks for the compliment but the only power anyone here has is to question this. It is hard to keep the interest going in this case with more pressing matters at hand like the hurricane Sandy victims and election.

However seemingly small Rebecca's importance was to certain people, I feel that it is redeeming that so many still remember to want justice for her and her family as well as the other crime victims here.

Well, this makes more sense to me if true. You are saying they used an 'airlines' credit card to pay for *advertiser censored* on Rebecca's computer, right?

If that is true then Adam was on a flight at the time (wasn't the time given in the afternoon or was it just 'before Rebecca died'?)? If both are true, then I'd think someone else accessed her computer. With Rebecca gone for quite a while on Tuesday, someone could have accessed her computer directly? And, who was unaccounted for?

I do not believe that Anne Bremner meant that someone accessed *advertiser censored* on Rebecca's computer using a Southwest credit card. I believe she meant someone remotely accessed Rebecca's computer using a Southwest Airlines in flight wifi service. For someone to do this is quite simple but you have to have someone at Rebecca's computer to upload the remote login program first, and then approve the request for someone to take over the computer when they send the request. By establishing this set up before hand, you can easily move about the computer remotely giving the impression someone is using the computer. This is what I believe Anne meant.

I do not believe that Anne Bremner meant that someone accessed *advertiser censored* on Rebecca's computer using a Southwest credit card. I believe she meant someone remotely accessed Rebecca's computer using a Southwest Airlines in flight wifi service. For someone to do this is quite simple but you have to have someone at Rebecca's computer to upload the remote login program first, and then approve the request for someone to take over the computer when they send the request. By establishing this set up before hand, you can easily move about the computer remotely giving the impression someone is using the computer. This is what I believe Anne meant.

With all the insinuations that Gore made about *advertiser censored* on Rebecca's computer the day before, and Bremner stating outright someone used a SW account to access it the day before and after Rebecca's death, it does sound like someone was using Rebecca's computer to access the *advertiser censored*. I would think that is easy to detect as computers have hard memory data that even when a simple user thinks they have deleted/erased info, the data remains in hidden storage memory files. Such is the reason why when you want to get rid of personal files on your computer, experts say to not only erase the files with advanced computer programs, but also completely physically destroy your hard drive.

Since Rebecca's computer (and hard drive) are intact, computer techs should be able to easily get into and analyze it for info on files and other info such as website visit histories on her computer.

Did Bremner ever say she received Rebecca's computer from LE?

Thanks for your opinion on that and the details of how it would be done.

So Adam couldn't have accomplished the setup? At any rate, it seems they could find out when any settings and such were changed/permissions given. And, would be able to track the access to the person.

I'm still a little confused as to how this relates to setting up a suicide motive though on the part of the doer. One thing is for sure, if it occurred through remote access and/or during a time when Rebecca could not have been around her computer, then it would blow any motive theory or that she accessed those websites completely. Which is what most people think anyway. And, hence, is just too coincidental concerning the manner in which she was murdered.

I wish we knew when this occurred on Tuesday and who else could have been on a flight. Maybe more far fetched, but could someone have been setup to take the fall for a murder?

While I thought this was serious before, I think it now moves to the top of my list as to why the case should be reopened.

I would also think that Dina (and maybe Nina since she visits Phoenix) , have SW airline account - going back and forth between her houses. <modsnip>

Probably unconnected, but somehow this brings me back to the boys on the roof... which I find chilling and disgusting.
Besides the fact that supposedly responsible adults caused Rebecca's naked and bound body to lie exposed to the world (and the elements) for so long, the behavior of those "boys" is the most disturbing aspect of these very disturbing events, for me.

Besides the fact that supposedly responsible adults caused Rebecca's naked and bound body to lie exposed to the world (and the elements) for so long, the behavior of those "boys" is the most disturbing aspect of these very disturbing events, for me.

Dina drove between Phoenix and Coronado, so that she would have a car in Coronado. And since it is only about a 5 1/2 hour drive, it isn't that much longer than flying (door to door); 45 minute drive from PV to SkyHarbor Airport, getting through security can be a long wait, and then getting to the gate (let's add an hour and a half), an hour flight, depending upon ATC holds, then 30 minutes from the plane landing to Coronado, longer if you have to wait for luggage..........

Dina drove between Phoenix and Coronado, so that she would have a car in Coronado. And since it is only about a 5 1/2 hour drive, it isn't that much longer than flying (door to door); 45 minute drive from PV to SkyHarbor Airport, getting through security can be a long wait, and then getting to the gate (let's add an hour and a half), an hour flight, depending upon ATC holds, then 30 minutes from the plane landing to Coronado, longer if you have to wait for luggage..........

The car that was damaged and subsequently sold, was Dina the one who crashed it?

The car that was damaged and subsequently sold, was Dina the one who crashed it?
I believe it was Jonah who totaled it. And miraculously managed to walk away with minimum injuries... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe it was Jonah who totaled it. And miraculously managed to walk away with minimum injuries... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ty. Did you hear this through the grapevine in PV or Coronado?

'Why didn&#8217;t the bed move as much as it did on KFMB? If she hung herself, the bed would have jerked away further.

The experiment conducted by employees of KFMB did not recreate the scene in a manner sufficient to stand up to the scrutiny of scientific method. In order to conduct a truly scientific experiment of this nature, one would have to have the exact carpet and padding (which was quite thick), a bed frame of the same weight and weight distribution, a mattress of the same weight and weight distribution, and the item simulating Rebecca would have to be of the same weight, weight distribution, and would have to have the flexibility of a human body. In addition, the object simulating a human body would have to go over the railing in a manner similar to what the evidence showed (bending over and sliding). Unless these elements can be duplicated exactly, this test is of no scientific value. On scene examination of the bed showed it had compressed the carpet at the contact points, and the bed was found to be rather heavy. All of this taken into consideration, none of the investigators on scene questioned the distance the bed was pulled away from the wall.'

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

You have to wonder at the experience level of "investigators" who did not question how far the bed jumped when examining the death scene. If ordinary people noticed it and a news station questioned it and then attemped to recreate it because it was so unbelievable then why didn't Gore rise to the challenge given this new evidence/lead and 'conduct a truly scientific experiment' inside the mansion and using the same conditions to prove his point. You would think Jonah and Dina would have been right on board with that. After all, if they are innocent, and if they had done that then there might not be as many people questioning this more that a year later.

Instead, Jonah lies about selling the mansion and then systematically goes about destroying any evidence linked with Rebecca's death thus making himself look guilty of hiding murder evidence.

Then Dina goes on a media campaign trying to convince everyone that Rebecca killed herself because she must have murderered Max to distract the question of who murdered Rebecca from herself. After all, one of the police officers documented that Rebecca stated Dina's going to kill me.

So both Dina and Jonah make their own selves look more and more guilty and Gore helps them with an incompetent police investigation and then they all get mad because people are still talking about it and are suspicious of them.

Were there prints and DNA on the knives?
The small knife had Rebecca&#8217;s DNA, and only Rebecca&#8217;s DNA. No fingerprints were developed from this item. The large knife had Rebecca&#8217;s fingerprints, and only Rebecca&#8217;s fingerprints. A low level of DNA material was found on this knife as well, but it was not enough for any comparison.

I am certain that the majority of U.S. citizens would expect that the murderer wore gloves, no? To make this even more simple, gloves were actually found at the scene for no apparent reason that explains the suicide but might explain why Adam's prints were not found on the rope. Did Adam wear the gloves? If so why? I hope that a thorough and competent investigation will find the answers to these questions.

Were there prints and DNA on the rope?

Rebecca’s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca’s DNA was found on these items other than one “artifact,” which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

If Rebecca wore gloves to frame Jonah or Dina then why would her DNA be on the ropes?

If Adam did not wear gloves then why wasn't his DNA on the ropes since he cut her down?

Could a murderer have worn gloves and then placed Rebecca's prints on the ropes to make it look like a suicide?

I must have seen dozens of movies that showed the murderer placing the smoking gun in the hand of the victim to plant prints. Possibly others have not watched as many crime flicks as I have but I wouldn't think that the idea would be a reach for an experienced and competent investigator.

Ty. Did you hear this through the grapevine in PV or Coronado?
Hi bourne ~ Neither grapevine. IIRC it was in media report. Will hunt it up and get back to you... 15 months of bookmarks, this might take awhile! So until I come back with a link, it can be placed in the grapevine files until further notice.

Were there prints and DNA on the rope?

Rebecca&#8217;s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca&#8217;s DNA was found on these items other than one &#8220;artifact,&#8221; which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

If Rebecca wore gloves to frame Jonah or Dina then why would her DNA be on the ropes?

If Adam did not wear gloves then why wasn't his DNA on the ropes since he cut her down?

Could a murderer have worn gloves and then placed Rebecca's prints on the ropes to make it look like a suicide?

I must have seen dozens of movies that showed the murderer placing the smoking gun in the hand of the victim to plant prints. Possibly others have not watched as many crime flicks as I have but I wouldn't think that the idea would be a reach for an experienced and competent investigator.

I agree, why would Rebecca need to wear several pairs of gloves or use several different knives to cut the same rope? And if she were using the gloves, why were her prints on the ropes, a knife and paintbrush?

It is most evident that someone planted her prints on these items and others in the bedroom, and she never in fact used the knives or paintbrushes herself. Her murderer(s) overstaged the crime scene. They unintentionally included the gloves.

I agree, why would Rebecca need to wear several pairs of gloves or use several different knives to cut the same rope? And if she were using the gloves, why were her prints on the ropes, a knife and paintbrush?

It is most evident that someone planted her prints on these items and others in the bedroom, and she never in fact used the knives or paintbrushes herself. Her murderer(s) overstaged the crime scene. They unintentionally included the gloves.

Also...what about that random dryer sheet. Or the fact that there were no "shavings" from cutting the rope. It is very difficult to imagine a scenario where someone who is intent on committing suicide would use not one, but two different kinds of gloves and yet still leave prints and DNA on items. It's equally absurd that that person would walk around the house buck naked to find all the items. Especially with a guest being on the premises. There was a great map on THM that showed the back and forth that would be required to gather all the items used.

Combine that with the fact that LE assumes that the rope was retrieved from the garage due to a "void", we don't really know where that rope came from. Another thing they glossed over and didn't investigate.

Always, MOO

"bending over and sliding" over the railing.... no way Gore...the dust evidence...the photograph shows... there was simply NOT enough dust removed from that railing for a woman of RZ's size to have put her full weight on that railing and "slid" over it...even if her center of gravity would allow it ....... not enough dust removed...

that is NOT how RZ went over that railing...

No bruises on her hips.... no marks on her face...

Not to mention that is a painful and terrifying thing for someone to do... physically hurt yourself before the fall...and the slowness of this would impede the desired end result of a snapped neck...

RZ was either already dead or unconscious when someone put her over that railing.

"bending over and sliding" over the railing.... no way Gore...the dust evidence...the photograph shows... there was simply NOT enough dust removed from that railing for a woman of RZ's size to have put her full weight on that railing and "slid" over it...even if her center of gravity would allow it ....... not enough dust removed...

Not to mention that is a painful and terrifying thing for someone to do... physically hurt yourself before the fall...and the slowness of this would impede the desired end result of a snapped neck...

RZ was either already dead or unconscious when someone put her over that railing.

Absolutely agreed. RZ had multiple planes of injury that had nothing to do with going over that balcony. I still do not understand why she had that second furrow in her neck. Ok, really LE? Please explain that. That is a HUGE issue. What was she choked with that left that? I bet they remembered to bring THAT item from the staged scene while they forgot gloves and extra knives and paint brushes.

As far as the dust pattern goes, we know RZ was a very small woman. However, after she did ALL THAT ground work (the running around naked through the house, gathering all those items, plus extras, that she needed) then she hopped through the room, knocking over the chair and displacing the blanket and turned off the lights, she did this all while nude, bound and gagged with rope and a tee shirt which by all means should have at the very least made her faint. Then, somehow, after all of that RZ manages to CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND HER and throw herself over the balcony leaving only that small amount of disturbed dust and a toe print.

I get it that she had a small waist, go RZ, she'd make Scarlett jealous. But here is the thing. When anyone, even a tiny little person like RZ uses their weight to press down (as she would have had to do on that railing) her hips and her thighs would compress against it and make a bigger mark. Any person can see this if they simply press their legs against something. Thank you Mrs. Holmes for pointing this out.

Apologies for the rambling post everyone, but I get a little ticked every time I have to rehash this in my head, because not a bit of it makes sense.:banghead:

Always MOO

So true, Mrs. Holmes. This is one of the most frustrating aspects of the case. That the dust disturbances were characterized as 11" when the largest cleared area was 3 3/4" at the most! I consider the 11" description to be purposefully disingenuous.

I also agree that RZ was either unconscious or sufficiently restrained when she was put over the railing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled