Zahau Family Sues County for Additional Evidence

Just heard back from CP new editor. They are experiencing temporary technical difficulties with their search function. Nothing nefarious.

In the meantime, while we anxiously sit on the fence waiting, the clock is ticking. I feel like a pawn in a chess match, waiting to see who will make the next move...
:fence:

I became curious after reading this so I just tried to find Zahau or Shacknai on the CP. Nope. Nada.
Has anyone else tried finding another subject on the CP. by using the search feature? I'd be curious if other subject matters can be accessed.

I became curious after reading this so I just tried to find Zahau or Shacknai on the CP. Nope. Nada.
Has anyone else tried finding another subject on the CP. by using the search feature? I'd be curious if other subject matters can be accessed.

Wow Gilgamesh. Great catch. I just searched Zahau, Shacknai, Spreckles, 1043 Ocean, Nothing.

Searched beach, council, mother, school, blah blah blah. Things came up, but there didn't seem to be anything earlier than June 18th. Maybe they've archived?

Wow Gilgamesh. Great catch. I just searched Zahau, Shacknai, Spreckles, 1043 Ocean, Nothing.

Searched beach, council, mother, school, blah blah blah. Things came up, but there didn't seem to be anything earlier than June 18th. Maybe they've archived?

If you go into News, then begin scrolling down continuously, eventually the articles show up. Have to go back to May 8 for the "First-Degree Murder? Ex-Prosecutor Working for Zahau Family…" article.

Searches for Hotel del Coronado, Tanaka, Glorietta, Hollywood Gym (which appears to be re-opening at same location) show up. Any other pertinent names, including William Gore or Jonathan Lucas, nothing...

If you go into News, then begin scrolling down continuously, eventually the articles show up. Have to go back to May 8 for the "First-Degree Murder? Ex-Prosecutor Working for Zahau Family…" article.

Searches for Hotel del Coronado, Tanaka, Glorietta, Hollywood Gym (which appears to be re-opening at same location) show up. Any other pertinent names, including William Gore or Jonathan Lucas, nothing...

It's sort of odd, don't you think? JV, no longer editor, and these things so hard to find. It really is a great source of articles (and comments) for this case. It's just very odd that it's so hard to find them a few weeks before the two year anniversary and before the statute is done.

Sigh...I don't know...maybe I'm making too much of it...but it really makes you a bit stumped.

BTW...The Hollywood Gym is reopening in the same place? That's sort of weird....

ALWAYS, MOO

Maybe we should take screenshots of any related articles before they disappear?

I have PDF copies of all the articles, although possibly could have missed a few in 2012.

The article "Author Ann Rule: Someone Killed Rebecca Zahau" is no longer at CP, but was able to find and save a print copy cached in Google.

If anyone is looking for a specific article, I can upload it to the library.

Hmm...hinky (as our friend Val would say).

((Miss you, Valhall!))

Hi kittychi - I miss Val too :-(

The request to seal was attached to Search Warrant 41290 regarding little Max's accident. See page 11:

The sealing request herein, however, is not based on denying discovery to the defendants, when they are -- when and if they are charged, being is -- but is being requested to merely prohibit public disclosure, which could surely undermine the continuing investigation herein. We do not wish to divulge the information contained within these documents for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence…"
July 14, 2011 4:25PM

Attachments

• warrant_41290_max.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
...and this:

"On at least one of the computers, the forensic examination found *advertiser censored*, according to comments posted Friday evening on Bremner's Facebook page.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16083634/... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

Did they even check fingerprints on that computer??? So many more questions than answers in this case.

Or was Bremner just being dramatic?

Can someone find out if the Coronado Patch newspaper has been sold? Who owns this newspaper? What ties if any do they have to JS? I have gone to one link and the story was gone.. maybe you can only see it if you sign in?

Can someone find out if the Coronado Patch newspaper has been sold? Who owns this newspaper? What ties if any do they have to JS? I have gone to one link and the story was gone.. maybe you can only see it if you sign in?

Hi Mrs. Holmes!

I cannot help answer the question regarding CP being sold or whether JS has any ties, but I have been able to retrieve and view articles.

I do not have a CP account therefore I don't sign in. See if any of these links work for you -

http://coronado.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/zahau-family-marks-her-birthday

http://coronado.patch.com/groups/po...rmal-request-for-new-probe-into-zahau-s-death

http://coronado.patch.com/groups/ed...-first-degree-murder-ex-prosecutor-2c63d351ea

We will officially be at the two year mark this Saturday. What does this mean in regards to finding justice for Rebecca? 2 year statute of limitation on civil suits. No limit on criminal charges, if the manner of death is ever changed to homicide. Maxie's death occurred on the 16th. Will we see either party file a suit this week?

It appears that CP has pulled all two years worth of articles from their site. I wonder why in the world they would do that. Thoughts anyone?

ETA: Ok, you can still see the ones I clicked on from older posts, but if you search "Rebecca Zahau" on their search tool, no results are found. Just last week I was able to pull them up. Just color me confused.

Maybe if a trial is anticipated, finding a jury not influenced by media articles/news stories? Just a guess, probably not why...

Dang! I am having tons of computer issues right now, so hope this posts!
We had a series of high profile murders in our community and all of a sudden,
in the middle of the night, ALL OF THE POSTS DISAPPEARED!
The explanation from the e-newspaper was "the names of individuals " being used by posters violated the individuals rights to privacy. Lots of things disappeared, reporters re-assigned etc....so none of this surprises me.
I am the LEAST technical of anyone posting :)blushing:) but DO TAKE SCREEN SHOTS (? to save info) I will miss (Coronado Patch) reviewing some of the posts from two particularly irritating posters...they seemed to have had a tit-for-tat long standing feud and code for each other....almost like ex's who liked to irritate each other. (When we caught on to what was happening, I learned to save the articles and posts....and then printed them out.) PS...if there are some minor mistakes on the court documents..will that nullify the whole case? I found 3 interesting snipits....ie REBECCA HAD NO ISSUE...that means she had no children!!!! Well, well, well....I wonder what other lies DS had been telling about RZ?

“While we[Dina Shacknai et al.] empathize with the Zahau family regarding their grief over the loss of Rebecca, for Nina and I to be named as parties to this frivolous lawsuit by the Zahau family is cruel and irresponsible. There is absolutely no truth to these allegations..."

Holy crap. 'cruel and irresponsible'. Yep. Sure Dina. You would know all about 'cruel and irresponsible' right? Like you going everywhere, saying Becky and her sister are MURDERERS, to anyone who would listen and NOT listen. Yep. You would surely know all about "cruel and irresponsible".

Zahau Family Files $10M Wrongful Death Suit Against Shacknai's Brother

http://coronado.patch.com/groups/br...knai-family-members?ncid=newsltuspatc00000003

Adam, Dina and Nina...I would say that sounds about right. So glad some action has been taken two years in.

:rockon:

This was posted by Jennifer Vigil, so apparently she is still at Coronado Patch. But Khari Johnson is listed as the Editor.

Wow I agree with this too; I"m glad there is movement in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back