Zenaida's Sawgrass Apt's Visit Date Changed From April to June

Do you guys have an aversion to reading affidavits or something. :)

Quote: "They (apt managers) gave me (the cop) a "guest card" completed by Zenaida Gonzalez which contained her cell phone number." No where does it say anything about that number being no good. And the cops talked to this ZG.

Exactly. I had put this in an earlier response:

MsRyber: "That doesn't change the fact that on page 4 and 5 of the affidavit, they confirm that they did speak with a ZG who filled out the card."

Only to be told that I was incorrect, lol.
Maybe Muzikman and JBean can elaborate on where we are going wrong.

Per JBean's "This is the same information I have seen Muzikman. If Gonzalez did say she filled out the card I would appreciate a link to that info so we can determine if the source is credible."

I would *hope* that the affidavit is credible. But, stranger things have happened. Can someone clarify? Did you guys see something different? If Casey set this whole thing up......wowzers.

So let me see if I have all of this straight...

1) We know that "someone" went to the Sawgrass Apts. on June 17 and filled out a guest card saying they were Zenaida Gonzalez. We know that police tracked down a Zenaida Gonzalez based upon the info on the guest card. But we don't know if the cell number listed was valid or if they tracked her down by using the other info on the card. The apt. complex is now saying they tried the number and it was not valid. The police affidavit only says they contacted a Zenaida Gonzalez that was "identified" from the Sawgrass Apt. guest card. That could mean they also found the phone number to be invalid and they used the address to find and contact her, or that the number was valid when they called it. I would say it is more likely it was invalid to begin with.

2) We do not know if the Zenaida G. they contacted ever actually went to the Sawgrass Apts. because that fact does not appear in the police affidavit. I have to believe police were smart enough to ask if she ever went to the Sawgrass and if she completed the card. I think it was simply omitted in the affidavit.

3) The police affidavit states that the manager and the maintenance man at the Sawgrass Apts. were shown pics of Caylee and didn't recognize her. There is no mention of whether they knew Casey or had ever seen her there. Cindy Anthony says Casey has friends at the Sawgrass Apts., so if that is true (cough cough)...perhaps the manager knows her or has seen her there. If management does know herm this was also omitted from the affidavit.

4) We do not know if Casey went to the Sawgrass Apts. posing as Zenaida and filled out the card. If she did pose as Zenaida, she could have looked up the info in the phone book and filled out the card. However, if she was someone the manager knows - then she would not have been successful at posing as someone else. If she did not pose as Zenaida...what are the odds that a "Zenaida Gonzalez" would have looked at those apartments even in the last year? She would have had to have access to the apartments records to get that info. Again, if she has friends there, that could be possible. So determining whether she was known by management or anyone else at those apartments is important.

So the two big questions I see are: Did the Zenaida that was contacted by the police actually go to the Sawgrass Apts. and fill out the card? Was Casey recognized/known by management or other tenants at the complex? To the best of my knowledge, the answers to these questions do not appear in the affidavit or from any other reliable source. Am I wrong?

So let me see if I have all of this straight...

1) We know that "someone" went to the Sawgrass Apts. on June 17 and filled out a guest card saying they were Zenaida Gonzalez. We know that police tracked down a Zenaida Gonzalez based upon the info on the guest card. But we don't know if the cell number listed was valid or if they tracked her down by using the other info on the card. The apt. complex is now saying they tried the number and it was not valid. The police affidavit only says they contacted a Zenaida Gonzalez that was "identified" from the Sawgrass Apt. guest card. That could mean they also found the phone number to be invalid and they used the address to find and contact her, or that the number was valid when they called it. I would say it is more likely it was invalid to begin with.

2) We do not know if the Zenaida G. they contacted ever actually went to the Sawgrass Apts. because that fact does not appear in the police affidavit. I have to believe police were smart enough to ask if she ever went to the Sawgrass and if she completed the card. I think it was simply omitted in the affidavit.

3) The police affidavit states that the manager and the maintenance man at the Sawgrass Apts. were shown pics of Caylee and didn't recognize her. There is no mention of whether they knew Casey or had ever seen her there. Cindy Anthony says Casey has friends at the Sawgrass Apts., so if that is true (cough cough)...perhaps the manager knows her or has seen her there. If management does know herm this was also omitted from the affidavit.

4) We do not know if Casey went to the Sawgrass Apts. posing as Zenaida and filled out the card. If she did pose as Zenaida, she could have looked up the info in the phone book and filled out the card. However, if she was someone the manager knows - then she would not have been successful at posing as someone else. If she did not pose as Zenaida...what are the odds that a "Zenaida Gonzalez" would have looked at those apartments even in the last year? She would have had to have access to the apartments records to get that info. Again, if she has friends there, that could be possible. So determining whether she was known by management or anyone else at those apartments is important.

So the two big questions I see are: Did the Zenaida that was contacted by the police actually go to the Sawgrass Apts. and fill out the card? Was Casey recognized/known by management or other tenants at the complex? To the best of my knowledge, the answers to these questions do not appear in the affidavit or from any other reliable source. Am I wrong?

See distracted's post. The managers do not recall seeing Casey.

Why would the police doubt that ZG had gone to the apartments for a tour? Who would ever think to question that? Who fills out phoney cards like that? I'm sure however, they told her why they were contacting her and how they they came upon her info. If she DIDN'T fill out the card, I'm sure she would have said something. In my opinion she really was there. It still is a very interesting coincidence. Maybe the more important question is which apartment was this ZG shown on June 17.

exactly wedavis, I just said something like that in a different thread.

Another problem with the theory of Casey posing as ZFG is something that my sister told me. She was a leasing agent. She says in many complexes you have to provide a drivers license for the agent to copy before going on a tour as a safety precaution.

MsRyber: "That doesn't change the fact that on page 4 and 5 of the affidavit, they confirm that they did speak with a ZG who filled out the card."

Per JBean's "This is the same information I have seen Muzikman. If Gonzalez did say she filled out the card I would appreciate a link to that info so we can determine if the source is credible."

I would *hope* that the affidavit is credible. But, stranger things have happened. Can someone clarify? Did you guys see something different? If Casey set this whole thing up......wowzers.
She has her own blog and spoke up on not being that ZG. She is easy enough to find as she does several posts on her personal blog under her name. Oddly enough this ZG experienced a burgulary around the 9th of Jun.

To quote the affidavit:

"While the defendant was with Detective Wells, I called the Zenaida Gonzalez I identified from the Sawgrass Apartments. She was open and responsive, and when asked, denied know Casey, Caylee, or babysitting for anyone at all. She agreed to meet with an investigator and give a sworn statement. This was later done by the OCSO Missing Persons Investigator Awilda McBryde and investigator Kari Roderick where she was shown photos of the defendant and Caylee and denied knowing either.

Once back in the <blacked out> parking lot, Sgt. Allen pulled up all of the Zenaida Gonzalez's in our DAVID system. The defendant could not identify any of them based on this. I had him pull up the photo of the Zenaida I had just spoke with and the defendant said she didn't recognize her."

Nowhere does it state that ZG verified she was at the apartments. Nowhere does it verify the number he contacted her at was the number on the card. Not saying those things are not true, just that they are not verified. It says he spoke to the ZG he identified. That might be the only ZG in the immediate area of appropriate age.

And again I have to ask if ZG was there and gave a statement HOW is the date discrepancy just now coming to light? Wouldn't she have said yes I looked at an apartment there but not on April 17th, it was June 17th.

Casey could have easily been the person to fill out that card and the person didn't recognize her two months later. I think the discrepancy on the time the incident took place (June 17th) is important. The reason it wasn't caught before is that no one questioned it and it slid through the cracks.

Isn't Ricardo's apartment directly across the street and how Casey knew of the Sawgrass apartments? I don't think Casey was looking for an apartment to live in there, but she was setting up the Nanny story all along. This goes back to my theory that Caylee was gone either late June15th or early on June 16th. The cover up started immediately with the entire family (except Lee), in my opinion.

Thanks, Passing! I guess I am getting mixed up with all the information. Appreciate the help here. :)

Earlier in the affidavit however, it indicates that guest card had ZG cell number on it. To me it indicates he called the number on the guest card after being provided that information from Sawgrass Apartments. In addition, we do not know when LE learned of the date discrepancy. We only know when the media got ahold of the information.

To quote the affidavit:

"While the defendant was with Detective Wells, I called the Zenaida Gonzalez I identified from the Sawgrass Apartments. She was open and responsive, and when asked, denied know Casey, Caylee, or babysitting for anyone at all. She agreed to meet with an investigator and give a sworn statement. This was later done by the OCSO Missing Persons Investigator Awilda McBryde and investigator Kari Roderick where she was shown photos of the defendant and Caylee and denied knowing either.

Once back in the <blacked out> parking lot, Sgt. Allen pulled up all of the Zenaida Gonzalez's in our DAVID system. The defendant could not identify any of them based on this. I had him pull up the photo of the Zenaida I had just spoke with and the defendant said she didn't recognize her."

Nowhere does it state that ZG verified she was at the apartments. Nowhere does it verify the number he contacted her at was the number on the card. Not saying those things are not true, just that they are not verified. It says he spoke to the ZG he identified. That might be the only ZG in the immediate area of appropriate age.

And again I have to ask if ZG was there and gave a statement HOW is the date discrepancy just now coming to light? Wouldn't she have said yes I looked at an apartment there but not on April 17th, it was June 17th.

To quote the affidavit:

That was my point...that we don't know what info LE used to find this ZG...just that it came from the card. Could be the phone number, might be the address, might be a birthdate. The big question to me still remains. Did ZG go to the Sawgrass Apts. and fill out the card herself?

Yea - sorry, my error! I just checked the map on another thread and Tony's place isn't that close. I was going on memory of something that was said. But with the constantly changing "facts" in this case...it's hard to keep straight!

Hey - 2 quick questions. I think I saw somewhere on this site that someone said Casey knew the correct name of Z's mother (Gloria). I can't find where I saw it now. Is this true? Also - was it the Z that was interviewed based on the guest card that reported a burglary on June 9 or thereabouts?

Yea - sorry, my error! I just checked the map on another thread and Tony's place isn't that close. I was going on memory of something that was said. But with the constantly changing "facts" in this case...it's hard to keep straight!

Hey - 2 quick questions. I think I saw somewhere on this site that someone said Casey knew the correct name of Z's mother (Gloria). I can't find where I saw it now. Is this true? Also - was it the Z that was interviewed based on the guest card that reported a burglary on June 9 or thereabouts?

Someone on some thread says she found (maybe it was not_my_kids) proof of a Gloria and a Zenaida living togther in one of the states Casey mentioned. Just search Gloria>

I still see no link between the ZG that is a blogger and victim of a June 9 crime and the ZG in the interview that is coming out today and the topic of this thread.

Btw: Nancy Grace's "facts" rarely are...it's really getting on my nerves!

I hear you. And sometimes I get so mad at the reporters because they must not be following the case in much detail because there are always so many questions they fail to ask. For example, when interviewing ZG today...why not ask her if her mom's name is Gloria? Why not ask her why her phone number was not valid. Why not ask her why she didn't correct the police when they said she was at the apartments in April, not June. I am sure she isn't involved, but it would surehelp identify more of Casey's lies.

It is totally bugging me that we don't know how Casey got ZG's name. It is just too big of a coincidence to be a coincidence. LOL. Did I read somewhere that the apt. manager said she actually filled out the guest cards... that it was her handwriting? Maybe Casey was lurking in there and overheard the name. She might have assumed the woman lived there or was moving in and that she would make a good scapegoat.

I emailed WKMG while the reporter was on his way to interview ZG, and told them to ask her if she had posted online ANYWHERE - Myspace, Facebook etc. that she was going to / had visited Sawgrass.

If she had, that's where Casey may have made the connection.

Don't know whether they asked or not, WKMG hasn't broadcast the whole interview yet, they're running more of it on the 11 PM news tonite.

She did say she had a Myspace page, but did not really know much about Facebook.

Hi, I'm not a cellphone expert, but I assume that a defunct number could still be traced to a specific person. I imagine that's how the correct Ms. Z.G. was identified.

I don't have a source, but I do remember that someone on another website said that Z. was checking apartment possibilities in that area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back