Zimmerman bullying Middle Eastern co-worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its unlikely that this man came forward for 15 minutes of fame. I'd guess that the FBI went checking around his prior employers etc. and came across the written complaint. This is not something to get 15 minutes of fame for. Everyone who has been wronged by GZ or witnessed his wrong actions is not looking for fame/money. Some of them are probably just doing the right thing. JMO MOO IMO

I have learned esp in this case newspapers print what ever will sell the most.Has there been anything official released?

His full (audio) statement is on the NYT site. He reported it to management and to HR, it was a very disturbing situation and many people that were witnesses to the repeated racist comments will be able to attest to what was being said by GZ. Some great full audio on their site, much more complete than what is on the Orlando Sentinel Site.

All along the left side --- links to the various statements. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/us/new-details-are-released-in-shooting-of-teenager.html?_r=3

I did not see any links to read about this coworker is it just audio ? speakers arent working for some reason.Is there a link to any official statements or just him saying it?TIA

Weird because if I did not know GZ was Hispanic to me he looks Middle Eastern with his shaved head in newer pictures.

yes,mikeysmom,if you listen he complained in writing.Interesting how your post confirms that racism is funny to some.

I am Italian and I do not think of it as racist to make a joke to me about it.So now I guess I am a racist because I am a person who admits and knows a lot of Italians are in the mob?IMO It means I know some Italians can be criminals as can anyone of any heritage ,color,sex, or age can be, has nothing to do with race at all.So how does joking about someones heritage equate race?One has nothing to do with the other IMO. I see hate when things are said hatefully or to hurt me,I try to see the laughter in everything else so this makes me a racist IYO? Please explain?

Admittedly some people are not offended by them but, personally, I don't like ethnic jokes, especially in the work place. That said, TM was not Middle Eastern. IMO, this has nothing to do with the case and I don't see how it would be relevant at trial.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

It really has absolutely nothing to do with the case in question.

Funny because I also teased an Arab co worker who would go in hysterics just as he would when he would tease me about being in the mob because many family members including my dad own Italian pastry shops as well as pizza shops because I am 100% Italian.I hope I never get charged with a crime because even jokes that most likely were not offensive at the time can be used against you for 15 minutes of fame.Not worth the paper they are written on unless it was reported to the human resource dept or higher ups.Unless there is a past paper trial not believing it and it has no bearing on this case.

He should have taken it to the 2nd in command for answers, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIT3jUrNTX0"]Biden Indian - YouTube[/ame] sorry couldn't resist.

Wow. The more we learn of Zimmerman, the more it becomes clear that he is a bully.
Ridiculing someone because of their ethnic background is so distasteful to me. In years past there was a comedian named Don Rickles who would insult his audience and then say, "I was just kidding." But he wasn't. So to me, insulting someone's background and then saying I was just being funny isn't the least bit funny, IMO. And in the workplace, it happens to violate Federal laws. My family is of English ancestry. But I am an American---100%. As Dr. King said that what matters is the "Content of," one's, "Character." And I will add, not the content one's DNA. And that goes equally for Trayvon Martin.

What does this have to do with the night of February 26?

IMO, This thread is only trying to once again, make GZ look like the bad guy.

Admittedly some people are not offended by them but, personally, I don't like ethnic jokes, especially in the work place. That said, TM was not Middle Eastern. IMO, this has nothing to do with the case and I don't see how it would be relevant at trial.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

Ummmm... well if we take this instance and throw it in with his slurs on his MS page about Mexicans and slurs about his ex-girlfriend, plus the RO by his girlfriend.. Oh wait and then the random statement he made about these "F'ing a-holes always get away" (who ARE the f'in aholes??) i think we have the perfect storm for a narcissistic, egotistical, misogynistic racist. Means alot in the scheme of things.

GZ is making himself look like the bad guy............

Kinda like all the threads that try to make Trayvon look like some sort of criminal and that insinuates he somehow deserved to get killed?
GZ IS the bad guy... he shot and killed an unarmed 17 year old kid and walked away .. not even needing immediate care from a medical facility.
But I digress.. This is a thread about him being a bully to a man of middle eastern decent.

Because making distasteful jokes about someones race is bad? And shows state of mind?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Funny because I also teased an Arab co worker who would go in hysterics just as he would when he would tease me about being in the mob because many family members including my dad own Italian pastry shops as well as pizza shops because I am 100% Italian.I hope I never get charged with a crime because even jokes that most likely were not offensive at the time can be used against you for 15 minutes of fame.Not worth the paper they are written on unless it was reported to the human resource dept or higher ups.Unless there is a past paper trial not believing it and it has no bearing on this case.

If the person receiving the joking is offended it's not a joke it's an insult. That's the difference. Making rude remarks about anyone from a Middle Eastern country right after 911 knows what their intentions were and it was not intended to be a joke. Those types of remarks are dangerous and hurtful. Again, GZ did not consider the other person, only his own selfish need to "fit in". What he did was shameful if it's true. jmo

I am Italian and I do not think of it as racist to make a joke to me about it.So now I guess I am a racist because I am a person who admits and knows a lot of Italians are in the mob?IMO It means I know some Italians can be criminals as can anyone of any heritage ,color,sex, or age can be, has nothing to do with race at all.So how does joking about someones heritage equate race?One has nothing to do with the other IMO. I see hate when things are said hatefully or to hurt me,I try to see the laughter in everything else so this makes me a racist IYO? Please explain?

We do not defeat the hate until we can laugh about the differences. I have a black partner at work. We cut up all the time. I have learned things from him about his culture, he has learned things about me about my culture. We were at a work site once, and a hole needed to be dug. There was four of us, three white, one black, and I grabbed the shovel, saying, "I am NOT going to be one of three white guys watching the black guy dig a hole..." We ROARED. Of course, I know this comment will come up should I seek Congressional approval for a position, or am on trial (presumably innocent).

Is my partner African American or from Jamaica? I do not know his heritage. They know mine, because it is German, and they were looking for someone to be in charge of a group, and I said, "Sorry, I'm German, you know how we handle authority..."

Dang, there goes my diplomat's slot.

Wow. The more we learn of Zimmerman, the more it becomes clear that he is a bully.
Ridiculing someone because of their ethnic background is so distasteful to me. In years past there was a comedian named Don Rickles who would insult his audience and then say, "I was just kidding." But he wasn't. So to me, insulting someone's background and then saying I was just being funny isn't the least bit funny, IMO. And in the workplace, it happens to violate Federal laws. My family is of English ancestry. But I am an American---100%. As Dr. King said that what matters is the "Content of," one's, "Character." And I will add, not the content one's DNA. And that goes equally for Trayvon Martin.

I am sorry, but Don Rickles is a comedian who does a form of comedy known as insult comedy. It is a recognized form of entertainment. I am seriously asking if you think he had a personal reason to insult each and every individual he ever insulted during his thousands, if not tens of thousands of shows?

Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with the insults GZ said. He is not a comedian. But even the KLAN has the right to defend themselves. And defending that right does not indicate a belief or following of their ideas. It actually reinforces our belief in rights extending to every individual. It was witnessed that TM was on top of GZ. Nothing has been proven by any evidence shown, that anything illegal was perpetrated prior to that. Unless they have concrete evidence of something prior to that, they must go with GZ's account. You cannot discount a report because you have nothing to prove it right or wrong with. SO what can be proven is that the dead person was on top of the living person, the living person was screaming for help, the living person shot the dead person.

I would like to add that I am still looking for evidence that concretely proves who attacked who (not speculation), and the outcome of that would change my mind. Like I am thinking if GZ tried to grab TM's hoodie, and pulled him, wouldn't there be ligature marks, or abrasions around his neck where it pulled? If something exists, please show it to me, it would change my mind. But not, "He teased someone before." Not really an "Aha!" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea