Zimmerman bullying Middle Eastern co-worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like all the threads that try to make Trayvon look like some sort of criminal and that insinuates he somehow deserved to get killed?

I have not seen anything that insinuates that TM's recent misbehavior means he 'deserved to get killed'. I have seen it used to consider whether he tends to exhibit poor judgment or behavior... or of his history is that of a model citizen.

GZ's contention is that TM battered him and that the shot was in defense of his own life.

TM's past behavior might be a clue as to whether that is even a plausible explanation for why GZ shot him.

There are some people for whom such a confrontational encounter would be absolutely laughable. There are others whose past behavior might leave one to say, "Yeah... I can see him doing that."

People are also doing this with GZ and asking whether *his* past behavior points to a personality type capable of doing this or that.

What does this have to do with the night of February 26?

IMO, This thread is only trying to once again, make GZ look like the bad guy.

It goes to the content of the character of this person who killed Trayvon.

He ridicules and belitttles Mexicans, Middle Easterners, women

Thinks women/girlfriends are his property

Skips out on debt and arranged repayment plans

Can't keep a job

Can't finish a two year General Studies degree

Goes against the advice of doctors, lawyers, LE representatives, NW trainer

He takes the law into his own hands...makes his own rules

He picks fights but when push comes to shove he pulls out a semi-automatic pistol and shots a young man in the heart...

Blames everyone of his failures on someone or something else

Even the one good thing that he is said, by his mother, to have done...mentoring the two kids from Orlando...well, in the world of Social Services, he would likely be seen as going against the program rules. After his position ended he continued to privately mentor. That is a big No-No in the majority of programs designed to maintain confidentiality, professional boundaries, contractual agreements, you name it.

GZ has not proven himself to be a good man. On the contrary, if you put his failures/cons and successes/pros into a spread sheet it would be more than obvious that this person has not proven to be even remotely good.

There is no need to "make GZ look like a bad guy." His life history and his own words, actions and deeds prove what kind of a guy he is...

I am sorry, but Don Rickles is a comedian who does a form of comedy known as insult comedy. It is a recognized form of entertainment. I am seriously asking if you think he had a personal reason to insult each and every individual he ever insulted during his thousands, if not tens of thousands of shows?

Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with the insults GZ said. He is not a comedian. But even the KLAN has the right to defend themselves. And defending that right does not indicate a belief or following of their ideas. It actually reinforces our belief in rights extending to every individual. It was witnessed that TM was on top of GZ. Nothing has been proven by any evidence shown, that anything illegal was perpetrated prior to that. Unless they have concrete evidence of something prior to that, they must go with GZ's account. You cannot discount a report because you have nothing to prove it right or wrong with. SO what can be proven is that the dead person was on top of the living person, the living person was screaming for help, the living person shot the dead person.

I would like to add that I am still looking for evidence that concretely proves who attacked who (not speculation), and the outcome of that would change my mind. Like I am thinking if GZ tried to grab TM's hoodie, and pulled him, wouldn't there be ligature marks, or abrasions around his neck where it pulled? If something exists, please show it to me, it would change my mind. But not, "He teased someone before." Not really an "Aha!" moment.

Recognized by whom?
Insult comedy is an oxymoron.

Will we hear from those who have a grievance against TM? Was he a bully? No, he is a saint and anyone who says otherwise will be branded a racist or attacked as defaming the dead.

This is the media ground search for anybody and everybody who has something he didn't like about GZ. They will scour his entire life.

Of course, NOT ONE OF US could stand up to such relentless scrutiny. There are always those who for reasons of jealousy or insecurity or the like...can find SOMETHING bad to say about every individual on earth.

Including Trayvon...but that is NOT allowed.

The hyperbole of the words used is also interesting. A bad joke...An annoying phrase is now "tormenting." Have we really all become so self obsessed that we have lost the meaning of words like "tormented." This Board is full of hideous cases of REAL torment....real STALKING...and cold blooded murder. Those words are cheapened as are the real people who endured the REAL THING...by using them to try to demean GZ to Win an argument...or convict the man.

If the person receiving the joking is offended it's not a joke it's an insult. That's the difference. Making rude remarks about anyone from a Middle Eastern country right after 911 knows what their intentions were and it was not intended to be a joke. Those types of remarks are dangerous and hurtful. Again, GZ did not consider the other person, only his own selfish need to "fit in". What he did was shameful if it's true. jmo

Does it prove who started the fight or answer why TM did not stop beating GZ's head into the concrete? Do we know of TM was a bully? HAve ALL the kids and teachers at his various schools been interviewed and their comments reported?

This is the media insuring that GZ is convicted even if the Law is on his side. This is the media building HATRED and tainting his ability to get a fair trial. HATE HIM! CONVICT HIM! Don 't wait for evidence.

This is the disgusting state of American journalism. We eat it up if they are "on the team we like." Give us more dirt, we say. Make potential jurors walk in despising him.

Fair trial? so far from it...it is sickening.

There is no need to "make GZ look like a bad guy." His life history and his own words, actions and deeds prove what kind of a guy he is...

All fed to you by a biased media. They SHAPE the story...a child's picture for weeks...not the Gangsta Wannabe photo TZ chose for himself. No injuries...sketchy scream experts...bring out the grieving parents again!!!! The White man is now a White Hispanic with Black lineage. OOOPS!

All emotion, slander, and hyperbole torqued up by falsehoods now being repudiated by evidence.

"It goes to the content of the character of this person who killed Trayvon.

He ridicules and belitttles Mexicans, Middle Easterners, women

Thinks women/girlfriends are his property"

You are generalizing. Now a comment that offended one Middle Easterner has been extrapolated into a constant pattern. You cannot know these things nor do you know anything about the motives or character of those quoted saying these things.

"Skips out on debt and arranged repayment plans"

Making repayment plans is not skipping out on debt. Even so, many folks are having hard times.

"Can't keep a job"

Also not uncommon these days. We could also say TM could not adjust to any school. Would you call that fair?

"Can't finish a two year General Studies degree"

Again. Cruel and nothing to do with character. Who knew if TM would get out of High School with his multiple suspensions...using your way ofthinking

"Goes against the advice of doctors, lawyers, LE representatives, NW trainer"

This is way too broad. No one can say this was constant, you can only cote a few examples.

"He takes the law into his own hands...makes his own rules

He picks fights but when push comes to shove he pulls out a semi-automatic pistol and shots a young man in the heart..."

When he was being beaten and TM would not stop and no one would help...yes. That is a MUTUAL TRAGEDY. TM had reonsibilty in it as well. HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE BEATING.
W

Blames everyone of his failures on someone or something else

Even the one good thing that he is said, by his mother, to have done...mentoring the two kids from Orlando...well, in the world of Social Services, he would likely be seen as going against the program rules. After his position ended he continued to privately mentor. That is a big No-No in the majority of programs designed to maintain confidentiality, professional boundaries, contractual agreements, you name it.

GZ has not proven himself to be a good man. On the contrary, if you put his failures/cons and successes/pros into a spread sheet it would be more than obvious that this person has not proven to be even remotely good.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly some people are not offended by them but, personally, I don't like ethnic jokes, especially in the work place. That said, TM was not Middle Eastern. IMO, this has nothing to do with the case and I don't see how it would be relevant at trial.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

I wonder if this man is Middle Eastern/black like GZ is a White/Hispanic because liking or not liking Middle Eastern has nothing to do with this case IMO.Just shows he might be a b@ll breaker but how is it racist? IMO.

All fed to you by a biased media. They SHAPE the story...a child's picture for weeks...not the Gangsta Wannabe photo TZ chose for himself. No injuries...sketchy scream experts...bring out the grieving parents again!!!! The White man is now a White Hispanic with Black lineage. OOOPS!

All emotion, slander, and hyperbole torqued up by falsehoods now being repudiated by evidence.

No, discerned by watching, listening to the guy himself and checking out his background...I had not read seen, nor heard a single op-ed before coming here.

I do not have Cable TV and watch only my local news station. Go figure...not tainted by the talking heads or lawyers from either side...

We found a lot of this evidence by researching GZ's background...you cannot refute his educational, employment and criminal background. Research is an amazing thing.

If he is telling the truth and not looking for his 15 minutes and a page in the enquirer logic tells me he would have told either human resources or a higher up if there is no paper trail no way will he be taken at his word nor should he.IMO kidding around is not being racist if it were every black comic should have been arrested for their racist routines about how Arabs where being profiled by police and airports instead of them.Some Italians happen to be in the mob that is a fact my family many years ago cut themselves off generations ago from any who might have been mob connected. I take no offense if in a kidding manner a friend /co worker kids me, I laugh and loved the Sopranos.My grandfather came from Italy when burger king named the Whopper he went insane went to lawyers and contacted every Italian American club to boycott them because he found it offensive.He was over a hundred when the Sopranos went on the air and he was outraged.Sometimes people are overly sensitive if this man was made to feel belittled he should have and could of had GZ boss address the issue if he did not then nope I am not buying it JMO.

I am also 100% Italian but still think that GZ's behavior is out of line. Comparing a "stand up comedian act" to someone bullying another co-worker is apples and oranges. I would be fired from my job if I did something even close to what GZ was doing.

What does this have to do with the night of February 26?

IMO, This thread is only trying to once again, make GZ look like the bad guy.

GZ is the one who shot a young Man for no apparent reason so I would say yes he is the bad guy.

P.S. the first picture I ever saw of TM was of him in the hoodie...I didn't see the youthful picture until I came here.

As to GZ, the first picture I saw of him was , IIRC, the back of his head...I tried deliberately to stay away from this forum because i have seen and heard the type of explosive tit for tat that I knew would come from a case such as this...I formed my own opinions about GZ and it is based in unemotional fact and observation of the man's own words and deeds. So, perhaps one might read my 500+ comments in this forum before suggesting that this is mind-bending slander. I state facts and my opinion not the opinion of others.

Recognized by whom?
Insult comedy is an oxymoron.

By millions of people across the world.I love Don Rickles and so do millions of people he has been a beloved entertainer for oh like 70 years or close to it.Also Phylis Diller she also was a beloved comic.Some have let being Politically Correct come to meaning bending over backwards sideways and upside down and IMO turned us into robots afraid to say boo because someone may be offended.

I do not think making fun of someone else is a sign of character. It shows you're insecure with who you are. Next time someone thinks it's really funny to make fun of someone maybe what they should do is ask the person to be honest and tell you if it hurts their feelings, are they offended when you make jokes at their expense. If you want to make a joke about your own background is one thing. To do it to someone else......It's not funny, the person receiving the joking may be intimidated by you but they may not think it's funny either.

I always told my kids when they came home crying because someone made fun of them to laugh back because the bully will lose interest and move on to someone else. It worked. Just because someone laughs at your ethnic jokes does not mean they like them......they are just taking their own power back. And instantly I can think of a few words that could be going through their minds that don't include, wow, this guy is really funny. Think about it the next time you think it's funny to insult someone. jmo

I am also 100% Italian but still think that GZ's behavior is out of line. Comparing a "stand up comedian act" to someone bullying another co-worker is apples and oranges. I would be fired from my job if I did something even close to what GZ was doing.

GZ was also fired from that job, I read something that said it was because of all the complaints he was filing against his managers. Just saw it in the wee hours this morning, I will try to find it. The New York Times most likely, they have terrific audio interviews (including the one for this former co-worker), full audio interview for the girlfriend, etc. Very good source for information.

I don't find Don Rickles humor to be amusing, thus I don't go to see him. If I had a co-worker making jokes about my heritage and he refused to stop, I would do exactly what this co-worker did and file complaints against GZ. Maybe that kind of thing flies with his "boys" that see things as he does (such as finding crimes funny), but it is not appropriate in a workplace. But then GZ does not think the rules apply to him, IMO. ADHD is sometimes like that. MOO.

GZ is making himself look like the bad guy............

And he is generously assisted by his "friends" and family!!! Sometimes I wonder what planet these people are on, they are not doing him any favors by going to the media with one preposterous story after another. At least JO has the good sense to disappear and the lawyers must have shut down his brother and father. But good old FT, still out there yapping away. It used to bother me, now it's gotten so ridiculous that it is kind of amusing!

MOO.

By millions of people across the world.I love Don Rickles and so do millions of people he has been a beloved entertainer for oh like 70 years or close to it.Also Phylis Diller she also was a beloved comic.Some have let being Politically Correct come to meaning bending over backwards sideways and upside down and IMO turned us into robots afraid to say boo because someone may be offended.

It's not right to offend anyone for whatever reason based on their race, ethnic background, their weight, because they are a woman, their disabilities, etc. It's called consideration of another's feelings and has nothing to do with being politically correct. It's as old as religion......do unto other's as you would have them do unto you. It doesn't go like this.....do unto other's before they can do unto you. Offending someone is putting them down. I don't think you can get much lower than referring to a co-worker as a "terrorist" because they are middle eastern and right after 911. Americans are still recovering from that. It shows someone has really hit their a low point. And if this were all documented, GZ is in big trouble, IMO. jmo

We do not defeat the hate until we can laugh about the differences. I have a black partner at work. We cut up all the time. I have learned things from him about his culture, he has learned things about me about my culture. We were at a work site once, and a hole needed to be dug. There was four of us, three white, one black, and I grabbed the shovel, saying, "I am NOT going to be one of three white guys watching the black guy dig a hole..." We ROARED. Of course, I know this comment will come up should I seek Congressional approval for a position, or am on trial (presumably innocent).

Is my partner African American or from Jamaica? I do not know his heritage. They know mine, because it is German, and they were looking for someone to be in charge of a group, and I said, "Sorry, I'm German, you know how we handle authority..."

Dang, there goes my diplomat's slot.

I am the same way!People of all cultures love me because I am not afraid to be friendly.People are not dumb they know when others are being careful and making sure to say the correct thing instead of just being themselves.If I like you and I like everyone unless they give me a reason to dislike them then watch out the Italian comes out and one day I might have a thread here named for me LOL. I am very secure in the terrific family I was lucky enough to be born into so I can take a joke but expect one in return.When I get asked if I have any connection to the mob in my family I do not get insulted. I just say the 2 known Great Uncles that worked for Lucky were disowned generations ago so be nice or I'll make a few calls LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean