Zodiac's Identity Finally Discovered? Man Turns Hood/Weapon into FBI

CBS13: S.F. Police Department Holds Up Zodiac Case

Jun 4, 2009 11:21 pm US/Pacific
CBS13 has uncovered a major roadblock in the FBI's investigation into the legendary Zodiac case. It's a lack of cooperation, not from a person, but from a police department.
http://cbs13.com/local/San.Francisco.police.2.1032296.html

http://cbs13.com/slideshows/zodia.killer.sacramento.20.805871.html

http://cbs13.com/zodiackiller

Just a thought from someone is totally ignorant of all aspects of the Zodiac case. As I read through the entire thread, I began thinking that LE should have withheld or altered some part of the letters so they could distinguish between fake letters/confessions and real ones. The old well-known practice of withholding something from the public so that there is something only the police know. Disguising the way a certain letter(s) of the alphabet is written or changing a few symbols would serve that purpose.

Then I read your thread about suspicions that the Zodiac documents had been altered and I thought "aha, LE did alter the letters."

This would NOT explain why SF LE would not make evidence available to FBI
for testing.

Will we ever know who is the Zodiac killer?

Stranger things have happened... someone I had known for a long time confessed to being an accessory to murder when they were younger . I would never in a million years believed it or even thought it was them, but it was true!

Dennis Kaufman makes a compelling argument, and his comparisons to known facts or piece of evidence from the Zodiac case with Jack's whereabouts / artifacts from his life, leads me think he solved the case.

I really wish the SFPD wasn't dragging their feet on this one! I know there are a lot of "ins and outs" regarding this case; but the bottom line should be cooperation and movement toward proving or disproving what the FBI apparently believes is a viable theory. So, what's the point of putting up roadblocks?

And at the very least, considering what was found on the film in Jack's possessions, I think we have a deranged individual who committed what are unsolved crimes - Zodiac or not! So, I hope all the information Dennis is providing can help out.

The work Dennis did on radians, charting it out on a map with known Zodiac crimes and unsolved crimes, is also interesting. If you haven't checked out his site I recommend you do so.

Click Here: http://therealzodiackiller.com/

It's shocking that SFPD is restricting information, but I think it boils down to what someone else said -- there's a lot of money and investment by various companies in the "mystery" of the Zodiac's identity. I mean, how many movies have been made about the murders? How many books have been written? There'd be a lot of angry companies.

Plus, the case is decades old, so there's always the possibility the SFPD lost the original copies of the Zodiac letters (what the FBI is asking for), or that it's in a basement somewhere.

I think the Zodiac case will be solved. Kaufman makes a very compelling case and it's difficult to ignore some similarities.

Though I think the composite sketches are pretty useless, I could name a dozen men that look like that.

It's shocking that SFPD is restricting information, but I think it boils down to what someone else said -- there's a lot of money and investment by various companies in the "mystery" of the Zodiac's identity. I mean, how many movies have been made about the murders? How many books have been written? There'd be a lot of angry companies.

Plus, the case is decades old, so there's always the possibility the SFPD lost the original copies of the Zodiac letters (what the FBI is asking for), or that it's in a basement somewhere.

I think the Zodiac case will be solved. Kaufman makes a very compelling case and it's difficult to ignore some similarities.

Though I think the composite sketches are pretty useless, I could name a dozen men that look like that.

I disagree with a couple of your points. There is a lot of money tied up in the Zodiac killings now but if it's solved all of those things will regain popularity and there will be all sorts of new stuff that will be made and so even more money would be in a solution. Also, I'd bet dollars to donuts that every single piece of this evidence has been pristinely preserved since this is such a high profile case.

The only thing I can think of is that Tarrance may have been investigated and they really blew it and glossed him over and now they don't want that publicized.

I think they know it is Tarrance, but aren't telling (at least not yet).

There is hope...look at the BKT story.

I think BTK wanted to get caught. If you look at his last few correspondences with LE he was getting sloppier and sloppier. Asking if they can retrieve data from a disc is just stupid. It's something he could have easily found out on his own. I think he craved the attention again.

:cow:

I think BTK wanted to get caught. If you look at his last few correspondences with LE he was getting sloppier and sloppier. Asking if they can retrieve data from a disc is just stupid. It's something he could have easily found out on his own. I think he craved the attention again.

:cow:
I agree...BTK definitely thrived on attention, and would get irritated if he felt left out. Nut!

Zodiac Killer Mystery-Chasers Gather In Vallejo
images_image_282165854.jpg

July 5, 2009, 7:11 p.m. Pacific
...to share information on helping to solve the mystery of the Zodiac Killer

In that report they say it was a woman who came forward in April about Zodiac possibly being her parent and it was a man, IIRC. :waitasec:
Yes, there is a thread here regarding the woman who made the claim. Personally, I don’t think she is creditable.

Woman Claims that Her Dad Was Zodiac Killer (
multipage.gif
1 2)

I was impressed with the group that gathered in Vallejo to share information on helping to solve the mystery.

Is it just me or did something go sideways on this thread the one i was kinda excited about was a guy that said he had found pictures of women tied up and he had found a scuba knife with what he thought was blood on it as well as the actuall hood that Zodiac wore home made videos stuff like that thats the case i remember reading on here awhile back and he was or had turned it over to the police a simple for dna and stuff there was more found i beleive pics of the victoms maybe and drawings of the plan for the school bus does anyone else remember this being on here ...Also i think his name is steve huff the blogger guy said that this guy had made some claims before though and he thought he was not credible....what ever happened to this guy and his so called evidence was there ever an update on his stuff. ??

Is it just me or did something go sideways on this thread the one i was kinda excited about was a guy that said he had found pictures of women tied up and he had found a scuba knife with what he thought was blood on it as well as the actuall hood that Zodiac wore home made videos stuff like that thats the case i remember reading on here awhile back and he was or had turned it over to the police a simple for dna and stuff there was more found i beleive pics of the victoms maybe and drawings of the plan for the school bus does anyone else remember this being on here ...Also i think his name is steve huff the blogger guy said that this guy had made some claims before though and he thought he was not credible....what ever happened to this guy and his so called evidence was there ever an update on his stuff. ??
Here is the story of which I believe you are speaking of. I too have wondered the same. Nothing recently has been written about the findings of late that I can find. I thought he was credible and no news (hush,hush) makes me wonder even the more.

http://cbs5.com/national/zodiac.killer.kaufman.2.806089.html

The evidence was given to the FBI by a Pollock Pines man who also claims he recently found the disguise worn by the Zodiac Killer during one of his attacks.

"The identity of the Zodiac Killer is Jack Tarrance. He's my stepfather," says Dennis Kaufman.

I actually found some good info on you tube well at least on the girl who claims it had her interview in full however all she stated was after seeing the composit she realized it was her father she does have his glasses she shows them and she says he took her on some of the kills but again no real updates...

I believe with all of my fiber that Jack Tarrance is NOT the Zodiac Killer and that Dennis Kaufman has created the case against Tarrance through deceit and fabrication.

Here is a link to a website that critically examines Dennis's "evidence": http://dennislkaufman.websitetoolbox.com/

Here is a link to a Youtube video that challenges the most flagrant deceit in the Aphrodite Jones show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJIvDjl-_8k&feature=youtu.be Dennis and his cult followers are claiming that the FBI has confirmed Tarrance's handwriting matches the Zodiac's handwriting, but this is false! The video lays out the sequence of events to show that the FBI has deemed the so-called "handwriting expert's" analysis to be inconclusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back