SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
36 year old Rachel Provo walked away from her caretaker's home on Burcale Rd. She needs medication and does not have any with her.

So sad, all these missing people here at the beach!

What the hell is going on? This place is slowly turning into Gotham city.

I just glanced at the Missing Threads and three women from SC, missing in December, are in the top four cases.

I've not read up on any of the cases but butting in here to ask, are any of these thought to be related?

I just glanced at the Missing Threads and three women from SC, missing in December, are in the top four cases.

I've not read up on any of the cases but butting in here to ask, are any of these thought to be related?

The police have said that Heather Elvis and Jamie Lynn Cross are not and Rachel Provow has just been reported on. I don't know if they're being considered to be related but to me the proximity alone makes them related enough for me to be concerned. JMO

I'll just add that these three women are missing from about 10 miles of each other. There are also nearly a dozen unsolved missing's from this area.

As of late the official word of LE is that they have not found any reason to believe the cases are related.

As for the accuracy of the post I mentioned earlier, it seems as though it was a moot point after all. The news media and LE reports say police or "authorities" actually made the bones find anyway.

"Police searching for two women who recently vanished in South Carolina came upon a set of human skeletal remains near where a third woman disappeared three years ago."

"While scouring a heavily wooded area for Elvis on Saturday, authorities found 'adult skeletal remains,' said Lt. Peter Cestare of the Horry County Police Department."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24329...uffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

On Saturday, someone walking in the area of Tidewater Road near Waccamaw came across the remains and contacted police.

Horry County Coroner Robert Edge confirmed that the remains are human, and the larger bones will be packed up and sent off to a lab in Texas for DNA testing. The bones have been in the Waccamaw area for years, Edge said.

Yet again discrepancies.

And jersey*girl i know, its horrible, i know more things that go on because my husband is a paramedic for the city. Some things i just sit back shocked that it never makes the paper.

I have spent 3 days trying to catch up on this thread!

I had to agree with this comment- hubby is a firefighter and the things he tells me- umm, If I was a reporter it'd be front page news!

I've been MIA... so much personal stuff going on... BLAH... but this case has me hooked...

But in all seriousness... I've been praying for HE! I have several kids her age and younger... the thought... there are no words. I find myself washing dishes, sending up happy thoughts that she'll be found safe, and her parents don't have to suffer another second...

With all the increased attention in this case (thank goodness), LE is going to have to make some sort of statement soon, jmo. I'm hoping tomorrow is that day, as we all are.

This makes me INSANE... what is the population of MB, anyone? I can see the (still smallish) larger city I am near, holding a presser in this situation... however... my small, barely on the map county? I'm not so sure. Small, rural, backwoods boys. Ego, who ya know, keep visitors coming, etc...

Someone please remind me of who I'm thinking of as I read this case: teen (ish?) girl, rides around in car with 2 guys... did some drugs (nothing serious, IIRC) they killed her, "to see what it would be like" or something... body found by like, parents/gparents/some adult at a dam, and a clothing item was nearby... I wish I could remember this case better, I'm ashamed to say sometimes they blend together :-(

I'll just add that these three women are missing from about 10 miles of each other. There are also nearly a dozen unsolved missing's from this area.

Nine unsolved missing
/murdered persons investigations in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, in the last eight years...and who knows about how many victims are missing/murdered in the adjacent counties?

Imo, it is past time to form a Task Force including the FBI BAU2, US Marshals, HSA, State & Local LEAs..

Pop of "Myrtle Beach" 28,000. Pop of NMB, Conyway, metro 329,000.

It's big, but they are run from tourist dollars.

This makes me INSANE... what is the population of MB, anyone? I can see the (still smallish) larger city I am near, holding a presser in this situation... however... my small, barely on the map county? I'm not so sure. Small, rural, backwoods boys. Ego, who ya know, keep visitors coming, etc...

Someone please remind me of who I'm thinking of as I read this case: teen (ish?) girl, rides around in car with 2 guys... did some drugs (nothing serious, IIRC) they killed her, "to see what it would be like" or something... body found by like, parents/gparents/some adult at a dam, and a clothing item was nearby... I wish I could remember this case better, I'm ashamed to say sometimes they blend together :-(

I think the permanent population is a little less than 30,000 but there are thousands of people that own vacation homes here. The area can have over 100,000 people at any given time during tourist season.

Nine unsolved missing
/murdered persons investigations in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, in the last eight years...and who knows about how many victims are missing/murdered in the adjacent counties?

Imo, it is past time to form a Task Force including the FBI BAU2, US Marshals, HSA, State & Local LEAs..

And that's just those we're aware of. There are always unreported and/or unpublicized cases no one hears of :(

Y'all do realize that her place of work, the Tilted Kilt is a Hooters like establishment with short kilts, right?

I'm not victim blaming, just giving you an idea of the clientele she could be serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member