SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but on the flip side, if you were guilty why would you be so obnoxious?

I'm having a hard time putting myself in her position. We have very different lives. So what I would do may be totally opposite of what she would do. If my husband had an affair and I was pissed, I'd ruin him financially. But he probably doesn't have the finances to get ruined that way. And please don't let that sound snobby...

I struggle with that too but wonder if the simple answer is "deflection".

Throw things back to the accuser. Deflect

If someone was particularly narcistic, deflection may be a tactic used.

Agree with a lot of posts. There seems to be a lack of claiming and trying to prove innocense, but rather the reaction is filing their own charges against the victims family member and others. There was also a very early kneejerk reaction with the SM drama where names were called of the victim.

If one was innocent, it seems they would try to work with LE and the family to help them rather than make them worse of an enemy than they already are. This to me makes no sense.

I don't think that this is as big of a red flag as it seems. The E family and their supporters were antagonistic, threatening, and even harassing towards the M family from the very start, and then people are wondering why they aren't bending over backwards to help them. That's not the way to get them to cooperate. Remember, we don't know how cooperative or not they've been with LE. Supposedly, they have "lawyered up", but in their position, that's just prudent whether they are innocent or not. They haven't been cooperative with the E family, but I would not expect them to be considering the way the FHEFB mob has treated them.

maybe SM did say the affair was over and he was NOT leaving wife and HE did cry and was upset because she still wanted SM. Then the calls went back & forth for hours. SM said lets meet & talk. wife who has children in bed and that would get up in a few hours got furious and wanted this all to end......and something bad happened.....JMOO
Most women that I know (even if their life is awful) put on a front of 'perfect'..........

Or maybe the crying/being upset was something like "I just talked to him and he said he's not leaving his wife.....but last week he told me he was leaving his wife" (so now I'm upset he changed his mind). I think it is entirely possible HE even started the conversation that night/morning. Maybe she got home from her date and was either a. tipsy, b. nostalgic, or c. both. I could imagine a text that said something like, "I had a great date, but it really made me miss you and what we had together" kind of thing. Perhaps that text was intercepted by an older, less pretty jealous wife who'd had enough. JMO!

Did SM work third shift at all? I would imagine in that line of work he would since restaurants don't want to close down for renovations during working hours.

I think this makes it less likely that SHE is guilty. He seems to be lying to everyone, and hasn't been "out there" bashing the E family, either.

I think they just tried to protect them by releasing the harassment police reports. There have been other police reports filed in this case that they haven't discussed and per the mods we can't discuss. (snipped)

Disagree. LE threw them to the lions in releasing the reports! Before that the Moorers were pretty much anonymous. Now they are in the media. As small business people in a small community - IMO they will be ruined.

It would be expected for TE to put up missing posters all over the area and particularly in the vicinity of suspicious people. If I were an OMW in this situation, I would have kicked that cheating SOB to the curb!!! She definitely has grounds to take him to the cleaners.

The biggest victims here other than Heather are her family. I don't know what it is like to have a missing family member but I lost a 20 year old brother in an accident (((my hands shake to even type that...tears...))) I have absolute and complete sympathy for TE. I can't see him without thinking about my dad and what he suffered. How dare someone attack them? How can other parents have such a total lack of empathy? How dare someone complain about a father putting up missing posters for his daughter!!????

I pray for peace and justice for this family.

Wait a minute. I'm lost. Were they complaining of him driving by and posting Missing posters? Or were they complaining of the mob of searchers that were harassing them on their property line? I thought they were complaining about the large group of searchers and the people that were making threats. Now today I just saw something about them officially complaining about TE driving by. Was he just driving by & posting posters? Or were words exchanged? I agree, there's nothing that would keep me from searching for my child. NOTHING. However, I'd need to seek direction bc there's a fine line that can't be crossed. I'm not sure I'd be able to adhere to that without help.

:grouphug: about your brother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Immaturity and lack of self esteem is what I see. Anyone who accuses others of being jealous of them, especially in a situation like this, is clearly very immature.

ETA: If you're the type of person that insists on keeping a Facebook profile public because you can't help yourself but be the center of attention, use it to get positive attention, not negative. Negative attention is not the same as positive attention. Why wouldn't you want to use your page you're intentionally keeping public (so that people don't forget about you??) to clear your name??

Disagree. LE threw them to the lions in releasing the reports! Before that the Moorers were pretty much anonymous. Now they are in the media. As small business people in a small community - IMO they will be ruined.

I stand by my statement. Now, into the reports. first, the Moorer's were not anonymous before the report was released, but we can't go into full details. One thing I will say is that it is clear from the article above and the police report that TE know who SM was ask in December. Now, he did say in an interview on HLN on 1/21 he claims to have no idea what his name is, so I guess that is a lie. The moorer's were not anonymous.

Is there direct proof that LE release the police report? Not opinion. Direct proof. Not looking to argue or be attacked. I am looking for a real discussion regarding this. I ask this because it would be I do not know the answer for certain. I was wondering where it originally came from and if an apology was issued, etc. Regardless, IMO, they are not ruined because there names were on the report. There was another name on the report that was listed as a possible violent ex. He is not ruined! They are ruined because of the things said about them. I don't know them, but I don't like the way they have been treated. I find it disgusting how people can take a name and drag it through the mud because someone THiNkS they are guilty. Yes, they have lied....so have others. Yes, they said mean and horrible things. Others did first, it just wasn't made public...interesting, huh? Two wrongs never make a right. And guess what...Heather is still missing.

If she went to buy drugs, at that time of the morning, she most likely would have had to contact someone. So far there is no public record of her communicating with anyone other than SM...after 3:45 am.

Not exactly "public record" so, how would we know about any other calls?

And, let's not forget about communicating via instant messaging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time putting myself in her position. We have very different lives. So what I would do may be totally opposite of what she would do. If my husband had an affair and I was pissed, I'd ruin him financially. But he probably doesn't have the finances to get ruined that way. And please don't let that sound snobby...

Perfect example of guilty and obnoxious would be the killer of Polly Klass,Richard Allen Davis. He tortured Polly's father right up to the last second of his trial.

When a jury found Richard Allen Davis guilty of the murder of Petaluma's 12-year-old Polly Klaas in 1996, Davis puckered his lips and extended a middle finger to TV cameras.

http:///columnists/debrajsaunders/2009/03/12/richard_allen_davis_safe_on_death_row/page/full

Similar to driving by a search party and flipping them the bird.

Wait a minute. I'm lost. Were they complaining of him driving by and posting Missing posters? Or were they complaining of the mob of searchers that were harassing them on their property line? I thought they were complaining about the large group of searchers and the people that were making threats. Now today I just saw something about them officially complaining about TE driving by. Was he just driving by & posting posters? Or were words exchanged? I agree, there's nothing that would keep me from searching for my child. NOTHING. However, I'd need to seek direction bc there's a fine line that can't be crossed. I'm not sure I'd be able to adhere to that without help.

:grouphug: about your brother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

The article I read said that TE was harassing them with words as well. We don't know if they caught this on video, camera, etc. I too would do everything I could, to find my child, but I don't believe in breaking the law to get there. But, that is me. I have been harassed, stalked and abused and it is the worst feeling in the world.

I'm going to ramble. There is way too much conflicting, missing info in this case to feel certain of much. Some passing thoughts I've had are:

1) I agree if one is being entirely truthful, then how easy it would be to work with LE to prove it. Hey they want to eliminate you and move on to bigger fish if you're innocent and insignificant to the investigation.

2) Narcissism needs feeding. It must be tricky for the consummate narcissist to have done something so extremely well and get no recognition for how wonderfully clever they are.

3) Narcissists tend to produce narcissists. Imagine being weak willed and co dependent. That makes you a great feed for narcissists. Often the weaker entity is scared of the more powerful entities and will comply to a great degree to maintain their own status quo. I guess I'm feeling like if you're told to carry out a deed, you'd damn well better do it or you know it will rock your very small world.

4) I guess if I was narcissistic and felt like someone messed up a job I had to then clean up, then I would have to point out how stupid they've been.

5) there can be times when people are in unconventional non traditional relationships and I guess that could be used to explain away things, but if that was being used as justification it seems weird to suddenly do a 180 and try to make such a relationship appear as normal as any. Nothing to see here.

6) I don't think HE was physically at PTL "that" night. I feel she left her apartment and events unfolded from there. I think it's been stated that her seat position remained normal for her. I guess another female of similar height could've easily driven it as it was. IMHO no cleaning of the car occurred because it wasn't needed. ETA when I say left her apartment, I mean walked out of the door of her apartment or to the parking lot to another waiting car or person(s).
Excellent post!

Any thoughts about why him saying he was leaving his wife would have made HE upset (if that is indeed true; if the roommate was correct about that)? Seems to me the only reason that would upset her is if she did not want it to happen?
I have no reason whatsoever to doubt anything the roommate has been attributed to have said via LE.
The only proven liar so far is OM/SM, not to be confused with Social Media.

Not sure about that bc her roommate said she sounded like she was upset and crying. I was thinking Heather was getting over this man when she went on her date, SSM could have found out about it and tried contacting her to say he left his wife in an attempt to keep Heather.

I think it's important to actually find out who contacted whom first that night. Was it SSM that called Heather first? Or did Heather call him first?

Can't help but wonder if more was going on.
In my mind, I'm pretty certain it was SM that initiated the calls to Heather that morning.

I can't see any gps info on her tweets. Am I missing something or are there additional steps involved to access the info? Hmmm......
Post 412 showed us an example. My understanding is the info is only there if the tweeter uses a certain option to provide it. Link below is example and Post 412 has better explanation. Click on "from location" at bottom of tweet.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/353788524304142336

Yeah I am a little behind.So if this has been mentioned I am sorry.

I just wanted to add that this information is not viewable on the mobile twitter site or on the twitter app. At least on my phone it's not. Only when I use desktop view.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I stand by my statement. Now, into the reports. first, the Moorer's were not anonymous before the report was released, but we can't go into full details. One thing I will say is that it is clear from the article above and the police report that TE know who SM was ask in December. Now, he did say in an interview on HLN on 1/21 he claims to have no idea what his name is, so I guess that is a lie. The moorer's were not anonymous.

Is there direct proof that LE release the police report? Not opinion. Direct proof. Not looking to argue or be attacked. I am looking for a real discussion regarding this. I ask this because it would be I do not know the answer for certain. I was wondering where it originally came from and if an apology was issued, etc. Regardless, IMO, they are not ruined because there names were on the report. There was another name on the report that was listed as a possible violent ex. He is not ruined! They are ruined because of the things said about them. I don't know them, but I don't like the way they have been treated. I find it disgusting how people can take a name and drag it through the mud because someone THiNkS they are guilty. Yes, they have lied....so have others. Yes, they said mean and horrible things. Others did first, it just wasn't made public...interesting, huh? Two wrongs never make a right. And guess what...Heather is still missing.

Did those who lied have the last contact with her, though? What exactly do you mean? Who lied, and what about? And who said mean and horrible things first and what did they say?

I think this makes it less likely that SHE is guilty. He seems to be lying to everyone, and hasn't been "out there" bashing the E family, either.

Almost like someone is wrapped up in cotton wool just now, so to speak.

Perfect example of guilty and obnoxious would be the killer of Polly Klass,Richard Allen Davis. He tortured Polly's father right up to the last second of his trial.

When a jury found Richard Allen Davis guilty of the murder of Petaluma's 12-year-old Polly Klaas in 1996, Davis puckered his lips and extended a middle finger to TV cameras.

http:///columnists/debrajsaunders/2009/03/12/richard_allen_davis_safe_on_death_row/page/full

Similar to driving by a search party and flipping them the bird.

That is horrible. Sounds like behavior of someone who thought the victim deserved it.

Does anyone have a good version of the pic she sent to her father on the night of her date?

Did those who lied have the last contact with her, though? What exactly do you mean? Who lied, and what about? And who said mean and horrible things first and what did they say?

It is possible that the last person she had contact with lied, as we don't know who she last had contact with. I don't consider that a lie because we don't know the context or how the questions occurred. He may have said that because his wife was sitting there or TE was present and HE didn't want her dad to know. Bottom line, within the same time period he said he talked to her. It's not like days, weeks, months, or with a lawyer present he admitted to talking to her.

Who lied: BB see articles, TE knew opinion December who SM was according to the harrassment report but on 1/21 claimed to not know his napa me. there have been many more, but since no one can be sleuthed in this case, it can't be said. That's why I suggest people watch the videos and read the articles. You will see what I am referring to.

Who said mean and horrible things: this started with all the harrassment reports, then the police report being released and then the "post" people refer to....

The article I read said that TE was harassing them with words as well. We don't know if they caught this on video, camera, etc. I too would do everything I could, to find my child, but I don't believe in breaking the law to get there. But, that is me. I have been harassed, stalked and abused and it is the worst feeling in the world.

hockymom4,

Just want to say I completely agree with you on this!

I have researched so much and just about everything I've come across shows him to be a good man that's devoted to his family. He appears broken to me, at least right at the moment, bc he's missing a huge part of his life - his daughter Heather. I just don't see him harassing them to the point that charges should be filed against him. This is a GOD fearing man. He holds the holy spirit close in his heart. Not seeing it. Maybe it's their word against his? Idk. I tend to agree on this but I wonder if there's actual proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_