New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think he is a great manipulator and uses the drug habits of others to get them to do what he wants done. Although that is no excuse and whoever partook in Holly's kidnapping, rape (imo) and murder should rot in hell right beside him.

What?! Where did it say that she was kidnapped, raped and murdered?! Have they released that info?

I'm wondering how quickly they can "select" a grand jury. Isn't that a process?

If they are recalling the same grand jury that has already been empaneled and sworn in, it shouldn't take long at all. The Judge still has to go through the process all over again. SOP. Most likely the lead detective will come in a lay out the case. GJs can ask as many questions as they want and even ask for additional witnesses to come forward if they think it is necessary which they may not. Usually they have the ME testify but I don't think that will happen in this case.

I have been on a GJ and if they are hearing just one case it wont be like having to hear multiple cases to decide if they are going to no bill it or true bill it.

IMO

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause · 12s
Judge says there must be 6 degrees of civil kinship between jurors and suspects #hollybobo

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause · 1m
Judge telling alternates this is a high profile case and there is a chance the original 12 jurors may have conflicts of interest #hollybobo

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause · 2m
Director Mark Gwyn of @TBInvestigation has arrived at the Decatur County courthouse #hollybobo

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause · 4m
Judge is thanking the jurors for their service and is allowing them to retire to the jury room #hollybobo

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause · 6m
The jury members are all residents of Decatur County for at least a year #hollybobo

https://twitter.com/WSMVSarahClause

Each case is different, but families are not always kept advised...it cannot be automatically assumed, just because we hope it is. My cousin's family was not kept current at all, in a murder case. They found out most things from the news. JMO

What happened to a grand jury meeting secretly? hmmm Glad we are hearing about it though.

Is this a good time for a new thread? I anticipate this thread will explode once the GJ comes back and followed up with the PC. Just a thought while the GJ is retired to the jury room.

@WSMVCarley 45s

Grand jury selected an sworn in. Theyre going in now for special meeting. #HollyBobo

What?! Where did it say that she was kidnapped, raped and murdered?! Have they released that info?

No, those are my opinions although we know she was kidnapped/abducted and I think the motive was rape.

I also think it is obvious that she has been murdered.

So I think the charges will be for kidnapping and murder possibly.

IMO

All the reporters on Twitter are saying this is extremely rare and fast-moving.

I think they want to bring charges while a certain person is still in jail. :twocents:

Hi Murph... Will Nunley retweeted this msm tweet.

Retweeted by Will Nunley
Carley Gordon ‏@WSMVCarley 32m
Selection for special grand jury meeting is about to start. @wsmv #HollyBobo

https://twitter.com/willnunley
Respectfully snipped by me.

I saw that tweet first, and posted it also, with a link to the TN Rule of Criminal Procedure regarding Grand Juries. Then, after seeing the quote from the judge, it seemed they called back the grand jury from last term, rather than selecting an entirely new grand jury.

Someone also asked about the secrecy of the grand jury meetings. In my experience and IMO (I practice in Georgia, but worked for many years as a paralegal in TN), the actual grand jury proceedings are secret. However, the selection of the grand jury is not typically held behind closed doors.

Mixed emotions. Dunno what to think, but deep down we all hoped for a miracle.

While we wait for the news conference-It would be nice for those of us who wish to, to post a message to the Bobo family with messages of support, and to state where we are from. Only if you want to that is.

To the Family of Holly Bobo, Texas is praying for you and asking God to sustain you in these moments. God bless you all.

What happened to a grand jury meeting secretly? hmmm Glad we are hearing about it though.

They are just being sworn in and that has to happen each time but now they will go back into the jury room and that is confidential and secretive. No one is allowed back there but the participants.

IMO

Well, jeepers ~ creepers....I know which way I would vote.
Of course, I haven't seen any evidence...but I think we have enough just on what we know so far!
These people are definitely the law breaking type...

A friend of mine is an Assistant District Attorney in New York. She has told me that a grand jury "will file charges on a ham sandwich". Meaning by the time the GJ gets it...it's a done deal.

Different state I know but same premise. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member