New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served on my county's grand jury three years ago. I live in a state that borders TN. The judge told us that we would be serving as grand jurors for a period of time until the next grand jury was called. He said we would probably only meet 2-3 days and then be dismissed until/unless we were needed again during our time period. Hope this is helpful.

I would think they would have been called before today for a special selection/hearing:twocents: what do you think?

Katie Rufener ‏@KRufener_WREG3 22s
No conflict with the original grand jury jurors. There is a conflict with one of the alternates. Being replaced now. #HollyBobo
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Sarah Clausen ‏@WSMVSarahClause 42s
Judge has asked for another alternate #hollybobo #wsmv

I'm sorry. I haven't read any other comments related. Like I said, I was making those comments coming from the other states commonly identified as backward and inbred. But then, I'm not easily offended. I'm also blonde, and laugh my tail off at the jokes. I'm sorry if I offended you.

No problem - just a cumulative effect. I'm not blonde. ;) Whatever that has to do with it, LOL.

I would think they would have been called before today for a special selection/hearing:twocents: what do you think?

I think the reason this is being called "rare" is because they are usually given a day's notice, but in this case it happened all of a sudden. Just guessing.

What does "conflict" generally refer to in this case? Not enough degree of separation between juror and accused, or juror and victim, either/or? Early indication of bias? Doesn't all that get screened during the selection, before getting sworn in? And all these jurors will be from the same area in TN, yes? TIA... sorry to use you guys like a legal-wiki so much. (I've never had jury duty so my base knowledge is pretty much nonexistent!)

Eli Ross ‏@local24eli 30s
#CONFIRMED: District Attorney in #HollyBobo case requested grand jury meeting over the wknd. Extra jurors called in.

ETA: I think that's important because it means they must have found some evidence during the searches this weekend.

I think the reason this is being called "rare" is because they are usually given a day's notice, but in this case it happened all of a sudden. Just guessing.

Might be because LE does not want people to know anything until they must be involved. Less chance for leaks.

What does "conflict" generally refer to in this case? Not enough degree of separation between juror and accused, or juror and victim, either/or? Early indication of bias? Doesn't all that get screened during the selection, before getting sworn in? And all these jurors will be from the same area in TN, yes? TIA... sorry to use you guys like a legal-wiki so much. (I've never had jury duty so my base knowledge is pretty much nonexistent!)

6 degrees of civil kinship between jurors and suspect(S) according to this reporter
https://twitter.com/WSMVSarahClause

Sitting down to wait with everyone.

My prayers are with the Bobo family.

Much has gone on then behind the scenes.

So... has ZA's location changed? Or any of the others arrested?

eta: Checked VL says ZA has been transferred to 'unknown agency'

Is this new?

Prayers to the Hobo Family and Friends. From Ontario Canada.

Very intense, nerves are on edge! "@willnunley: If you are in Decaturville right now, how would you describe to mood? #HollyBobo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname