Trial Discussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the article in Daily Mirror Uk made point of cricket bat and baseball at behind the bedroom door but not an air rifle. Not saying the rifle could have been placed there post this interview of course. But it did have a silencer on the end of it? And as I questioned earlier why would Oscar have to break down his own bedroom door from the OUTSIDE of his bedroom if it is key locked back and front? You can't lock the door without a key.
If door locked from INSIDE the room there would be reason for SOMEONE to have to break it down to get in? Who locked Oscar out of his OWN ROOM? His old flatmate? No. Reeva? Yes!

Thanks for this, was wondering the time of the texts as i wanted to compare with the time of the phone calls from that day which were

13.02 4 minutes 1 second(not sure who called who)
15.24 Oscar calls Reeva for just under 2 minutes
17.12 Oscar calls Reeva for 63 seconds
17.44 Reeva calls Oscar for 144 seconds

It was interesting when I had a look at the days texts and calls because we were given info on Reeva from early in the day but I think OP's started at around 5pm .
Obviously all were submitted to the judge though .

You're so right! We should not even have trials at all because every defendant is guilty and lying.

I suppose the same can be said for witnesses as well. What's the point of having them when they lie about things when on the stand? I suppose that we shouldn't have any witnesses at all unless it is simply professional expert witnesses. And then if there is a video tape of the crime that can be shown in court as well. It would be a short trial for all if we just don't use anyone that could be determined to possibly have a motive to lie. Heck, won't even need the defendant to testify.

MOO

@gossig That sounds amazing! Wow that's what it's all about! It should be a day of love for everyone :) may it be blessed!
10:56pm - 13 Feb 13

What does this one say?

I'm not a twittereererererre.......it wants me to sign up : (

Thanks for this, was wondering the time of the texts as i wanted to compare with the time of the phone calls from that day which were

13.02 4 minutes 1 second(not sure who called who)
15.24 Oscar calls Reeva for just under 2 minutes
17.12 Oscar calls Reeva for 63 seconds
17.44 Reeva calls Oscar for 144 seconds

Thanks for the times of the calls, I've merged them with the times of the texts and it's starting to fill in some gaps (although we can only take a stab at what was said in those phone conversations, but I find the times of the calls and who by, are quite telling). I've read there were actually 5 calls that afternoon, but can't find any more info for some reason .. will keep googling for it.

I wonder how often and how long the meetings are between OP and his lawyers while waiting for the trial to start up again. After all, he needs to make sure to get his story just right and not go off script at all. I imagine that he has sticky notes posted on the walls and mirrors of his room that he looks at all the time to try and memorize his lines. But then again he may be cocky enough to feel that he doesn't need to. He may think that he can talk his way out of this murder rap. I do hope that Reeva's family and friends have plenty of support during the defense part of this trial as I have a feeling that the defense/OP will be smearing Reeva's name and memory in order to "save" OP.

MOO

So OP calls Reeva 15 minutes before she leaves his house. Hmm. Did she leave because of a disagreement, or did he ask her to run an errand or something? Anyone know if the content of those calls are known by the PT and DT?

It seems obvious from their texts that people ( presumably her friends ) were warning her off him, well that was my thought anyway .

Interesting thought; I am recalling this text:

“I can’t be attacked by outsiders for dating u AND be attacked by you, the one person I deserve protection from,” Steenkamp wrote in one text just a week before she was killed on Valentine’s Day 2013.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...scar-pistorius-murder-trial-article-1.1731960

14 February 2014

No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who*truly*loved -*and continues to love Reeva.

The*pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.

The*loss of Reeva and the*complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

- Oscar

©*oscarpistorius.com

Right, Oscar tweeted this link for his statement on 13th/14 th Feb this year! Not one word hints at or mentions HIS loss and grief for the woman he killed whom he declared he loved??????

Eh??!! His loss and trauma of that day, for himself?? What a bizarre, emotionless, distanced statement to make. He'd have been as well saying nothing. Pointless . . . .

I wonder how often and how long the meetings are between OP and his lawyers while waiting for the trial to start up again. After all, he needs to make sure to get his story just right and not go off script at all. I imagine that he has sticky notes posted on the walls and mirrors of his room that he looks at all the time to try and memorize his lines. But then again he may be cocky enough to feel that he doesn't need to. He may think that he can talk his way out of this murder rap. I do hope that Reeva's family and friends have plenty of support during the defense part of this trial as I have a feeling that the defense/OP will be smearing Reeva's name and memory in order to "save" OP.

MOO
I think the long break is very beneficial to OP as he can memorise everything he needs to know. I'm sure Roux is putting him through his own mini trial to check he has the answers to anything Nel throws at him. I suspect that if OP can't remember something significant, he'll either vomit or cry to give himself time to 'jog' his memory. Hope he brings lots of tissues and a big bucket.

MOO

I have no idea how doing this would save OP. Quite the opposite.

Roux's focus group must have found "RS, who I loved" to be a lie or unbelievable offensive.

This line of the message to Reeva just caught me out...

OP: I'm just finishing off at Ryan

I had a quick look to see who Ryan was, and the only connection I found was Ryan Gosling, who is rumored to be playing OP in a Hollywood biopic about the shooting.

As this message was before Reeva was killed this would have been a real find. :what:

*disclaimer: please don't read anything into this, it would be a leap too far.

If I remember correctly, Ryan was the physical therapist working with Oscar on his shoulder.

It will be interesting to see how defensive or not OP is (if and when he takes the stand). If he is defensive, I trust those who have been somewhat uncharitable about Mrs Stipp will judge and interpret his defensiveness in the same way. Otherwise that would seem rather unfair.

If OP is as defensive and guarded as Mrs Stipp and Burger, I will certainly be among the first to call him out on it.

I have no idea how doing this would save OP. Quite the opposite.

Indeed. I do not expect the defense to be smearing Reeva's name in any way whatsoever. Why would they?

14 February 2014

No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who*truly*loved -*and continues to love Reeva.

The*pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.

The*loss of Reeva and the*complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

- Oscar

©*oscarpistorius.com

Right, Oscar tweeted this link for his statement on 13th/14 th Feb this year! Not one word hints at or mentions HIS loss and grief for the woman he killed whom he declared he loved??????

Eh??!! His loss and trauma of that day, for himself?? What a bizarre, emotionless, distanced statement to make. He'd have been as well saying nothing. Pointless . . . .

Have to say, I felt physically sick when I saw that statement at the time it was published. It's so obvious to me that was some kind of PR stunt by him (and there has been a great deal of that by him and his uncle, during the court hearings, too). They would be better just keeping quiet, imo .. they must think that people were born yesterday, all this trying to pull the wool over people's eyes stuff.

.. spose I had better say 'MOO' ..

I think the long break is very beneficial to OP as he can memorise everything he needs to know. I'm sure Roux is putting him through his own mini trial to check he has the answers to anything Nel throws at him. I suspect that if OP can't remember something significant, he'll either vomit or cry to give himself time to 'jog' his memory. Hope he brings lots of tissues and a big bucket.

Problem with memorizing stuff is though... you will fail when asked questions off-your-script. I am hoping that happens.

As for the bolded part.... I am sure he will attempt baby-tantrums. But I seriously doubt Milady will put up with his BS. She might just give him a BIG bucket the moment he sits at the witness table. And some baby wipes, just to be nice.

Twitter sent by Reeva Steenkamp .....Can any one explain how she sent this....see the time stamp?

"@candymck @SandtonMini I'm there like a bear!!! Yayyyy!!!! X
5:41am - 14 Feb 13"

https://mobile.twitter.com/reevasteenkamp

No, the time stamp is 1:41 PM 13 Feb 2013; here is a copy & paste from her account:

@candymck @SandtonMini I'm there like a bear!!! Yayyyy!!!! X
Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
✌️さいとう だいすけBobby BlaisdellDlamini NPDRUNKKK IN LOVEEEEE!aoife kallyTsholofelo ClementinUmar Khan #BBMzansi
1:41 PM - 13 Feb 2013

I hope m'lady found Roux's [paraphrasing] "I won't read this msg about RS being a druggie out of respect for the dead" gambit went over like a lead balloon.
Roux doesn't give a damn about Reeva. She's just an irritating obstacle in his 'innocent' client's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015