Trial Discussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the long break is very beneficial to OP as he can memorise everything he needs to know. I'm sure Roux is putting him through his own mini trial to check he has the answers to anything Nel throws at him. I suspect that if OP can't remember something significant, he'll either vomit or cry to give himself time to 'jog' his memory. Hope he brings lots of tissues and a big bucket.

He can't remember his whats app code, he can't remember if his bedroom door was locked or not, he may just have a little bit of trouble remembering the details of the night too.

Killer's story reminds me of when my daughter was five years old and I caught her in the kitchen, faced covered with chocolate ice cream:

Me: "Did you get into the ice cream in the freezer?"

my daughter: "Who me? No, I didn't eat any ice cream..."

Oscar Pistorius: "I believed that someone had entered my house. I was too scared to switch a light on.

Oscar Pistorius: "On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police."

Oscar Pistorius: "Everything was pitch dark in the bedroom and I was still too scared to switch on a light.

Killer claims he was too scared to turn on the lights, both before and after shooting 4 times at bathroom door, but wasn't too frightened to scream out before he approached the bathroom.

Same as chocolate ice cream all over my daughter's face when she claimed she didn't get into the ice cream.

He can't remember his whats app code, he can't remember if his bedroom door was locked or not, he may just have a little bit of trouble remembering the details of the night too.

I know!!! But one thing is for sure, he wont be saying "It all just happened so fast..." :floorlaugh:

No, the time stamp is 1:41 PM 13 Feb 2013; here is a copy & paste from her account:

@candymck @SandtonMini I'm there like a bear!!! Yayyyy!!!! X
Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
✌️さいとう だいすけBobby BlaisdellDlamini NPDRUNKKK IN LOVEEEEE!aoife kallyTsholofelo ClementinUmar Khan #BBMzansi
1:41 PM - 13 Feb 2013

That tweet states 6:41 pm for me in Scotland. Think you'd have to be cloudy to Pretoria, SA, for the exact time when she herself tweeted x

This is a link to the CNN website where they discuss to various possibly verdicts with a 'legal expert' James Grant:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/22/world/africa/pistorius-legal-q-and-a/

Not related to your post, but from the same article I found this interesting too:

Grant said that South Africa was proud of its constitution and had a well-respected judiciary and that its substantive criminal law was "similarly advanced and progressive and very well considered."

"The problems that we're facing are more of a systemic procedural nature.

"We have an incredibly strained police force that's not particularly well-trained -- they're massively overloaded -- and we're struggling with issues of corruption within the police force and possibly even within the prosecution service," he said.

It then goes on to give some pretty staggering statistical figures about corruption among those involved in the judicial system.
I wonder exactly what kind of corruption. Like taking bribes (or stealing valuables from crime scenes)? Hiding evidence?

Yes twitter time stamps are time zone altered for me.
Yes the black tops were different.
Yes the bedroom door was said to be locked in bail application.
Yes it was removed in plea statement.
Yes the neighbours heard argument noises prior to bangs.
Yes they heard a woman screaming in terror.
Yes the lights were on.
Yes I found the valentine gift was left on the kitchen bench, unopened.
Yes he is guilty.
Yes we all know that the law works in mysterious defence ways.
Yes we hope he gets convicted appropriately.
Yes I have to go to work!!

And in Reevas lasting tattooed words, appropriately pointed at the Christ fearing Oscar...Only God will judge me!

Man he must be <modsnip>

Reeva's last tweet on 13th Feb of 6:41 pm UK time is 8:41 pm SA time :) Oscar's was 8:20 am UK time - 10:20 am SA time

No one has given me the impression on this thread that we shouldn't bother with a trial ,whatever gut feeling they may have about the case .

I have gotten a different impression from some comments on the thread. Isn't that interesting?

Wow, Deb...do you have a link for that info? I would love to read more about it; I didn't know there was a focus group. Not surprised, though.

TIA

Oh dear, I was being facetious. Sorry to cause confusion, but I'd be very surprised if Team Roux doesn't include a focus group.

Problem with memorizing stuff is though... you will fail when asked questions off-your-script. I am hoping that happens.

As for the bolded part.... I am sure he will attempt baby-tantrums. But I seriously doubt Milady will put up with his BS. She might just give him a BIG bucket the moment he sits at the witness table. And some baby wipes, just to be nice.

Yep - and this is why I say that if this is all a fabrication and cover story it will become obvious under the pressure of cross examination.

That tweet states 6:41 pm for me in Scotland. Think you'd have to be cloudy to Pretoria, SA, for the exact time when she herself tweeted x

She was responding to a tweet from @candymck that had a photo of chocolate cupcakes with big red hearts stuck in them:

'Candy McKenna
&#8207;@candymck
&#8220;@SandtonMini: pic.twitter.com/DqLNEyHD&#8221; come have a cupcake 2mwr ladies @reevasteenkamp @gi_myers @TheSamlet @chanellezackey &#10084;
12:05 PM - 13 Feb 2013'

Attachments

• BC_O7uNCIAEv5Ke.jpg
    BC_O7uNCIAEv5Ke.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
The comment about Reeva smoking weed was states evidence. It wasn't introduced by Roux.

Nel asked Moller to read it out. If anything the 'respect for the dead' comment should be aimed at Nel.

Correct - we have no idea what the text said that Roux showed to the judge without the cameras and gawkers seeing.

Correct - we have no idea what the text said that Roux showed to the judge without the cameras and gawkers seeing.

But didn't Roux add a little zinger, like "that msg doesn't reflect well on the victiim"?

Does anyone know how far Reeva and Oscar lived from each other?

But didn't Roux add a little zinger, like "that msg doesn't reflect well on the victiim"?

I don't think so - I think he just said it contained personal or private information or something like that. At least I didn't get the impression that it was something negative about Reeva.

You're so right! We should not even have trials at all because every defendant is guilty and lying.

<modsnip>

Of course we have trials so that the killer can attempt to convince the judge that his act of firing four shots at his girlfriend and killing her was reasonable.

The judge will then decide first if the killer is lying, and then if the killer's response was reasonable, and then if the killer's use of force was proportionate to the imminent threat of danger.

The killer moved himself into the room where he claims to perceive the possible danger, there was no threat, imminent or otherwise, and the killer's version of events is contradicted by multiple witnesses.

This is a very simple case, even more obvious than the Jodi Arias case.

There is no legal basis for a defense of aggressive, preemptive self-defense.

Um ... Mr Pistorius has not yet been a witness so it's a bit premature to say that he is a witness who has lied.

Nope. I believe you're the only person on this entire forum who keeps insisting Mrs Stipp is a liar.

Everyone else seems to think she made an honest mistake.

Was it not you who said that refusal to consider other possibilities damages one's credibility?

I don't think she made an honest mistake.

I'm only one more, but it's increased our proportional representation significantly as there's only about 4 of us giving an alternative view. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann