Found Deceased OK - Tommy Eastep, 30, Lake Eufaula, 7 July 2013

In all sincerity, I hope you remain so because maybe it means you and your family are untouched by its devestation.

Thank you for reading/posting in this thread! :loveyou:

After googling, I got it! and yes it is devastating and my family has been touched by it and lost a very good friend to it a little over a year ago....so....moving on....

How many searches have been done where his truck was found? Is it believed he left it there or someone else? oooooooooo I have asked this you are waiting to be verified.

Spoon, I do think it has to do with what you referenced. I am building a story together, but I have too many unconfirmed facts.

Let me start with this one:

I know he got admitted in the Blanchard Emergency Department on the weekend following the 2012 July 4th holiday, but I cannot prove it. He was on the 'thing' you referenced in the riddle. If you can verify this, it would be a huge step forward in the case IMO.

The reason why I bring this up is because I think there could be a correlation between what happened on July 4th weekend in 2012 and the July 4th weekend in 2013. If we could figure out who he was hanging out with during the 2012 event, maybe we can get closer to finding out what happened to him during the 2013 event.

Also - If you take a look at the bowhunter forum, you can see that he was seeking help for dehydration at a local hospital. I think you know what can cause this symptom...

How many searches have been done where his truck was found? Is it believed he left it there or someone else? oooooooooo I have asked this you are waiting to be verified.
Several. The owners of the surrounding property have been extremely cooperative with both LE and the family, and both groups have done exhaustive ground searches of the land and LE sent a dive team to a nearby lake. Nothing was found.

A huge question here is why the truck was there in the first place. The nearby (a few miles) highway would have been a reasonable route from Eufala to Blanchard, but why would it have been on that backcountry road off the highway? And what was Tommy doing there in the first place? As far as the family knows, Tommy has no connections to that area.

Spoon, I do think it has to do with what you referenced. I am building a story together, but I have too many unconfirmed facts.

Let me start with this one:

I know he got admitted in the Blanchard Emergency Department on the weekend following the 2012 July 4th holiday, but I cannot prove it. He was on the 'thing' you referenced in the riddle. If you can verify this, it would be a huge step forward in the case IMO.

The reason why I bring this up is because I think there could be a correlation between what happened on July 4th weekend in 2012 and the July 4th weekend in 2013. If we could figure out who he was hanging out with during the 2012 event, maybe we can get closer to finding out what happened to him during the 2013 event.

Also - If you take a look at the bowhunter forum, you can see that he was seeking help for dehydration at a local hospital. I think you know what can cause this symptom...
I'm... gonna defer to comment on this in the thread until I'm verified. Still waiting...

Several. The owners of the surrounding property have been extremely cooperative with both LE and the family, and both groups have done exhaustive ground searches of the land and LE sent a dive team to a nearby lake. Nothing was found.

A huge question here is why the truck was there in the first place. The nearby (a few miles) highway would have been a reasonable route from Eufala to Blanchard, but why would it have been on that backcountry road off the highway? And what was Tommy doing there in the first place? As far as the family knows, Tommy has no connections to that area.

How do we know Tommy drove the truck to that location verses the truck being parked there by someone just wishing to ditch the truck?

Also did his family ever get his phone records or go though a computer ? Have they searched into any screen names he might use and email addresses?

I have looked for info on Tommy and it is very hard to find anything.. He appears to be a very social and trendy guy so I thought he might use trendy apps and social networks.

If you could give us a bio of Tommy ,and who he was past jobs and hobbies , favorite places etc.. it might help us find clues as to what might have happened.

How do we know Tommy drove the truck to that location verses the truck being parked there by someone just wishing to ditch the truck?
By "we", I'll assume WS and family here, because we're more or less working with the same channels of info (as opposed to LE). We don't know that Tommy drove the truck there, and that could be significant.

What "we" know and feel safe saying in this thread prior to WS verification is that his truck made it back to the hotel after the family gathering, was seen there by the family in the hotel parking lot on the morning of July 7 when his parents left the lake, mysteriously ended up miles away in a weird location, was called in two times separated by months, and there was no sign of a disturbance to the truck when it was recovered.

The keys were locked in the truck. The truck had gas in it; the tank was not empty. Tommy's wallet was found in the truck, and it did contain cash, but it wasn't any large amount - somewhere under $100 iirc. Tommy's phone was not found in the truck, and our best guess is that it's with probably with Tommy.

Also did his family ever get his phone records or go though a computer ? Have they searched into any screen names he might use and email addresses?
His family definitely does not have as much access to his phone records as they would like. The OSBI could. This is an avenue I'm looking into right now.

I have looked for info on Tommy and it is very hard to find anything.. He appears to be a very social and trendy guy so I thought he might use trendy apps and social networks.
I'm not so sure that "techy" would apply here though, which might account for that?

If you could give us a bio of Tommy ,and who he was past jobs and hobbies , favorite places etc.. it might help us find clues as to what might have happened.
I am sorry but I can't add much detail here because as I've said, I was not personally close with Tommy - his brother is married to my cousin and that is my relation to this family. On the FB page I linked the photo from earlier, you can see pictures and such that the family has posted.

Something I think is OK to say is that, as far as we know, Tommy had no associates in either the Eufaula area (where he was last seen by the family) or the Holdenville area (where his truck was found). However, Highway 9 would be a reasonable route to take when driving between Eufaula and Blanchard, where Tommy was living at the time.

I'm not sure how relevant his jobs/hobbies/places in his hometown were to his disappearance in a way that would be easily sleuthable; they would be far from where he was visiting for the weekend, and far from where his truck was found. Please do elaborate though - because I'd love to hear your theories if you have some that would connect them in a way we could work from!

By "we", I'll assume WS and family here, because we're more or less working with the same channels of info (as opposed to LE). We don't know that Tommy drove the truck there, and that could be significant.

What "we" know and feel safe saying in this thread prior to WS verification is that his truck made it back to the hotel after the family gathering, was seen there by the family in the hotel parking lot on the morning of July 7 when his parents left the lake, mysteriously ended up miles away in a weird location, was called in two times separated by months, and there was no sign of a disturbance to the truck when it was recovered.

The keys were locked in the truck. The truck had gas in it; the tank was not empty. Tommy's wallet was found in the truck, and it did contain cash, but it wasn't any large amount - somewhere under $100 iirc. Tommy's phone was not found in the truck, and our best guess is that it's with probably with Tommy.

Well, that answers one of my questions. I'm simply appalled that Tommy's truck had to be found twice before LE responded. All that precious time lost. If only SAR dogs had been brought to the scene while any scents were still fresh...

:banghead:

Well, that answers one of my questions. I'm simply appalled that Tommy's truck had to be found twice before LE responded. All that precious time lost. If only SAR dogs had been brought to the scene while any scents were still fresh...

I'm going to tread very lightly here.

When googling, I found a post on another forum that presented that situation a certain way. That was not the way Clint presented the story to me when he explained the two reports. I can't account for the difference in stories, but I can say that from Clint's description to me, I wouldn't necessarily use the word "appalled". I think there may be a decently reasonable explanation for this, but I also am receiving second or third (or fourth, or ???) hand information obviously.

I completely agree with the "what if..." scenario though. There are many points in this case where opportunities to gain useful information were lost, but not necessarily out of incompetence or malice. The jurisdiction here is complicated: Tommy was living in Blanchard at the time. He disappeared from Lake Eufaula (McIntosh County). His truck was found in Hughes County. I think that also explains why the OSBI has this case.

I'm... gonna take this one to PM.

ETA: You and SS should each have a PM from me. I'm new to the forum, and I can't see either of them in my "Sent Items" despite clicking send. I'm afraid my messages might have been lost. Would y'all mind letting me know if you got them? Thanks!

I got it spoonarmy. Thanks for the message.

I want to thank all of you for your insightful questions. You are allowing me to share details that I might not be able to just dump laundry-list style in here, and you're giving me good information to Google-mine for more information.

You're the best! :cheers:

His past jobs, hobbies and favorite places help build a profile of what he knows and his experiences. It helps show the things he likes and relates too.
Sometimes it can help find the kind of suspect or resolution in a case. Not always.

His past jobs, hobbies and favorite places help build a profile of what he knows and his experiences. It helps show the things he likes and relates too.
Sometimes it can help find the kind of suspect or resolution in a case. Not always.
Please don't think that I disagree with this, and I definitely appreciate you for sharing it - I just can't comment on it in the sense that I was not personally close with Tommy.

I think that the BlogTalk Radio interview with Clint that OkieGranny transcribed earlier in the thread gives some info on that. His family has also tagged some pictures of him that appear in the photos section of his Missing Person FB page, etc.:
https://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonTommyRaymondEastep

He evidently likes golf, fashion, tanning, working out (?), going out with his buds, shopping, his family, and jewelry. His job is an insurance adjuster for State Farm. (Just gathering all this from his photos and such)

He was new to Facebook (and it appears new to all social media) according to what he posted. He was getting the hang of uploading photos to the account. He wasn't big on chit chat, but he did converse a little. I am guessing computers/texting were not his thing as a hobby or an outlet.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he did some modeling and had some aspirations along those lines at one time. The photos from when he was 17 years old are amazing and he was good in front of a camera.

Where, oh, where has spoonarmy gone? We finally had a renewed flurry of hopeful activity on this case, now dwindled back down to nothing. :(

Please come back, spoon!

spoonarmy, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this sadness. I think everyone could pretty much guess the Barbie thing with just a quick photo of Tommy - he has that "look".

Where, oh, where has spoonarmy gone? We finally had a renewed flurry of hopeful activity on this case, now dwindled back down to nothing. :(

Please come back, spoon!
There is still activity on the case. We have only gotten started turning over every stone to find Tommy Eastep. I do hope Spoon comes back soon to participate, but if not...we will keep it going.

On the other site posted inthis thread, it said LE was afraid to go out there to check on the truck.

Can anyone explain why the cops would be afraid to go somewhere?

And maybe its just cause I live in an overpopulated state, but I don't understand how a truck can stay in the same spot for 4 months and only be reported twice?

What about this terrain or area makes it scary?

Its amazing what a huge problem meth is in the midwest and other rural places... but yet, I've never heard of a single person around here (RI) that has ever dealt with it in any way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back