Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
partial quote: I dont believe anyone is bashing OP

You must be on a different web site than I am.

I believe my original post said....

I don't believe anyone is bashing OP, just comparing (or sleuthing) his testimony to known facts.

If you choose to quote my post, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take it out of context. Your use of my words is misleading. Roux, is that you??. LOL :cool:

Also who does he think he is , having the absolute gall to inform her parents that she felt loved before he killed her.

Of course she felt loved, her mum, dad, friends and family all loved her to bits !

Looking forward to hearing how OP planned to express his great love for RS the next day. It wasn't a night out, as she'd offered to cook dinner for him. He knew she was active on Twitter and would be informing all what her Valentine had done/gotten for her, but what if it turns out to be nothing.

Not making a noise.

It will be interesting to hear OP's description of the "noise" he heard in the toilet.

I think he just described it as movement in the toilet. This is why I can't understand his version yet,why would Reeva be moving if she feared an intruder . This will likely be dealt with either by himself tomorrow and then on cross exam again.
Lots of things I struggle with may be explained Who knows .
Will definitely be reading tomorrows updates that 's for sure

I believe my original post said....

I don't believe anyone is bashing OP, just comparing (or sleuthing) his testimony to known facts.

If you choose to quote my post, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take it out of context. Your use of my words is misleading. Roux, is that you??. LOL :cool:
I think it's just the mocking tone of posts that follow anything OP says, because at the end of the day, OP is not human, shouldn't express human emotions and feelings because he definitely killed her in cold blood, has no remorse and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy?

All the witness's for the state have been backed as being credible and totally honest however, something tells me it's going to be a different ball game when the defence calls their neighbourhood witnesses. They will all be lying, mistaken and only having OP interests at heart!

I think Nel did a really good job today, was fascinating and am pooping for OP when Nel sinks his teeth..going to be gruesome I think :p

Looking forward to hearing how OP planned to express his great love for RS the next day. It wasn't a night out, as she'd offered to cook dinner for him. He knew she was active on Twitter and would be informing all what her Valentine had done/gotten for her, but what if it turns out to be nothing.

I'm thinking they're going to say he was about to buy her a car.

I'm thinking they're going to say he was about to buy her a car.

Good call.

Could well be, with the talk about browsing websites, and Reeva being into cars.

If you are in the toilet in the middle of the night and totally out of the blue you hear your partner shout get out of my house, your natural reaction is to say something, for me its ridiculous to think Reeva would have remained silent, the human mind doesnt work like that, she would have shouted back 'Oscar' by means of instinct.

Just saw this now..amazingly, didn't even make the news back then! And she was pregnant :( . Striking similarities.

More at the link
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Man-who-shot-wife-in-error-can-sympathise-with-Oscar-20140407

BIB. There sure are similarities. So much so that all Roux and Co would have to do is Copy and Paste! That was a tragedy that has happened many times in the US, and with similar judicial outcomes.

But it is the stark differences that stand out. The man fired one bullet out of surprise and fear, and then immediately rushed his wounded wife to the hospital, she died later; her Family agreed to the sentence. OP fired four bullets intending to kill, and we all know he didn't rush Reeva's dead body anywhere.

Thank you for the link.

I think it's just the mocking tone of posts that follow anything OP says, because at the end of the day, OP is not human, shouldn't express human emotions and feelings because he definitely killed her in cold blood, has no remorse and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy?

All the witness's for the state have been backed as being credible and totally honest however, something tells me it's going to be a different ball game when the defence calls their neighbourhood witnesses. They will all be lying, mistaken and only having OP interests at heart!

I think Nel did a really good job today, was fascinating and am pooping for OP when Nel sinks his teeth..going to be gruesome I think :p

And the posts about the State witnesses that have been mocking towards them, calling them liars, etc are ok? Heck we have even seen comments about how the police, State lawyer, witnesses, etc all have it out for OP.

Sorry but if someone kills another person intentionally then no that person (that killed) doesn't deserve sympathy. OP INTENDED to kill whomever was on the other side of that toilet door. Doesn't matter who it was to me. OP was not in danger, but Reeva sure as hell was.

There have been numerous comments that I have just skimmed and went on past because of the nature of the comments. Yet heaven help someone if they post a comment against OP or those that believe him will jump all over it.

If OP didn't make stupid comments in his bail application statement that simply aren't true, would any of us really have anything to make fun of?

MOO

OP's routine response to unpleasant facts about what he did during the murder...ie grapping his ears...facing down and sort of rocking seems a pathetic response and shows that he is childlike in many aspects of his personality. His running fame came to him long before he ever developed as a person and thus he is left to act this way. Also it is probably staged but even that is pathetic. He needs to sit like a man in court and he can look away or whatever but wonder what is going to happen to him under cross or even direct. Somehow he does not evoke sympathy in me.

I watched OP with his thumbs in his ears. My laptop at the highest volume isn't very loud like a court room with mics on. So I put my thumbs in my ears and could still hear the testimony faintly and could understand the words. I think OP is doing this for show and he isn't really missing any testimony. He knows when to lift his head and it is safe to look. Maybe I am just not sympathetic enough to what OP has to listen to. Too bad because it is all his doing.

One thing that struck me during the trial today, was when OP made reference to buying a house in Joburg after mentioning how he had fell for Reeva.

I couldn't help but think of her mum sat there, and wondered what was going through her mind at the time.

Nobody will probably ever get to know, but I was wondering does she know about this and is thinking 'yep, that was true, they were going to do that',
or was she thinking 'eh, Reeva never mentioned any of this to me'.

Oscar was in this fearful, sense of horror, not thinking rationally must protect Reeva kill mode but stopped firing after 4 shots rather than emptying his gun?, what made him stop?, you could be forgiven for thinking that the screaming stopped after the 4th shot.

You're welcome to give him your sympathy .. I'll save my sympathy for Reeva, the woman killed in the most hideous way possible. The law is quite clear in this, you cannot open fire on someone through a closed door .. you have to identify your threat first. The reason for this is not just so that mistakes don't get made, but because it can so easily be used as a fabrication for shooting someone dead who you wanted to kill intentionally.

You cannot shoot someone through a closed door, end of. No sympathy whatsoever from me, and I'm perfectly ok with my own position on that thank you.

And the posts about the State witnesses that have been mocking towards them, calling them liars, etc are ok? Heck we have even seen comments about how the police, State lawyer, witnesses, etc all have it out for OP.

Sorry but if someone kills another person intentionally then no that person (that killed) doesn't deserve sympathy. OP INTENDED to kill whomever was on the other side of that toilet door. Doesn't matter who it was to me. OP was not in danger, but Reeva sure as hell was.

There have been numerous comments that I have just skimmed and went on past because of the nature of the comments. Yet heaven help someone if they post a comment against OP or those that believe him will jump all over it.

If OP didn't make stupid comments in his bail application statement that simply aren't true, would any of us really have anything to make fun of?

MOO

It does mean you're shouting when you capitalize. I can hear you fine thank you. :smile:

Very similar, but its the problem of firing 4 times that is one of Oscars biggest issues.

And the husband didn't shoot until the door suddenly opened, and then only once. The hardest job on earth might be head of the SA Tourism Bureau.

If you are in the toilet in the middle of the night and totally out of the blue you hear your partner shout get out of my house, your natural reaction is to say something, for me its ridiculous to think Reeva would have remained silent, the human mind doesnt work like that, she would have shouted back 'Oscar' by means of instinct.

Yes I also think that is more likely she would have shouted out
Have just been discussing hypothetically what OP statement leads us to believe
Which ever version you take it doesn't really stack up for me :)

Oscar was in this fearful, sense of horror, not thinking rationally must protect Reeva kill mode but stopped firing after 4 shots rather than emptying his gun?, what made him stop?, you could be forgiven for thinking that the screaming stopped after the 4th shot.

The fourth shot did the job that the first one didn't. Heck he was probably more ticked off at Reeva after having to fire 4 shots at her before she finally stopped screaming. Reeva made his life even more difficult by not cooperating and being seated on the toilet when he fired the first shot at her. Having to fire those extra three shots blew away his "intruder" claims and alerted the neighbors that there was serious trouble.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member