Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #3 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a research scientist by trade, and I think in these situations I struggle because I want to make sense of things, at least as much as possible. It's hard for me to accept the senseless and random brutality of some of these crimes, even though it's so often the case.

I think it is only natural for anyone to want to make sense of senseless murders like this one and so many others like it. But in the end, time and time again, there is no sense to be found as to why it happened.

After being here for over ten years I have long learned you cant make sense out of many of these crimes that happen just the way Holly's did.

IMO

I think we should be very careful about accusing LE of being corrupt. Just because something takes a long time doesn't mean someone is on the take. I live in TN and I know my home state is not immune to corruption but real life is complicated. The Marsha Trimble case took 33 years to solve.

If you recall, the Sheriff actually asked the TBI to come in on Holly's case. I don't think he would have done that if he had anything to hide related to this case. And, although many people have spoken very harshly about the TBI's refusal to tell everything they know, I firmly believe Mark Gwynn has done the very best he could on a difficult case down there. When you have a conspiracy of silence, and little to no physical evidence, the only way to solve the case is to keep plodding along and wait for someone's conscience to get to them.

I must agree with you. Even the TBI Director admitted this case has been very tough to bring to a resolution. There are so many criminal participants in this case and so many that just would not open up to LE and tell them what they knew.

I think they are to be commended. No, it didn't happen as fast as we would like it to have been done but justice is coming now for Holly and the TBI is not through yet and are going to bring in everyone that did this to this beautiful young woman.

I am so pleased when I see any old cases solved. It shows that LE never stopped working on the case even though others in the public may have thought they had forgotten about them.

I always felt that one day Holly's case would be solved. After months or years what usually happens is many who remained silent will begin to tell what they have known all along. Loose lips have sunken many defendant's ship who were sure they had gotten away with the murder or murders.

IMO

Update with Shayne's answer to DA pulling the deal.

As first reported by the Jackson Sun, Evans says Austin signed an agreement to testify against the other accused killers in exchange for immunity from prosecutors, but the district attorney emailed Evans that the deal was off.

In a statement to Channel 4 News late Tuesday, Evans said:

"My client takes issue with the state's assertion that he was untruthful and not forthcoming. My client has remained in full compliance with the agreement he entered into with the state of Tennessee. I expect them to honor his agreement. We're set to have a hearing on my client's request for an injunctive relief regarding the state's attempt to breach the immunity agreement next month."

Again, according to Evans, the district attorney's office says the immunity agreement was based on complete truthfulness, and the D.A. believes Austin lied about what happened.

JMO's

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25384921/...on-in-bobo-investigation#.U2BozcfpOm8.twitter

:floorlaugh: Of course Evans takes issue with it but it is very rare for a DA to take an immunity deal off the table and when they do they have evidence supporting the immunity giver .....lied.

So I am not worried that this guy is really going to get a deal in the end. DAs always attach a clause in any immunity deal and clearly states if the person in any way lies the deal will be null and void.

Maybe he should have read the immunity deal a little closer.:floorlaugh:

That news article came out a while back. I saw it and I didnt keep it. I think this happen way before Dylan, and you will find it in that other place, with a link.

IIRC, the article came out around 3-6-2014.

This coincides with the date of when Adams was suppose to have been threatening to kill his younger brother.

Autry knew if Dylan was spilling the beans about his own brother he sure was going to spill the beans on Autry and everyone else.

IMO

I do believe they injected her with meth but I do not think it had anything to do with her family. This brutalization of a defenseless woman has nothing to do with revenge against any family member but more about homegrown thugs brutalizing a vulnerable young woman because they knew they could once they had kidnapped her. IMO

They would inject her with meth for two reasons imo. One, to make her more compliant. Two, to inject a young woman they knew hated the drugs they injected her with and would never do them if she had had a choice. They took all of Holly's life choices away from her and invoked their own.

I truly believe that Holly went through hell on earth for days and was tortured, injected with meth, raped repeatedly, and beaten unmercifully.

I don't think the drugs killed Holly. I think they eventually became bored with their snared prey and shot her.

IMO

That's a brutal demise without a hateful motive. Being thugs usually doesn't lead to rape, torture, and murder. Something is missing.

I hadn't thought about this way before, but I suspect you're right. And you're darn right about it being brave.

This is exactly why I'm anti-death penalty. Put them in general population to be raped, beat up, etc. Death row & death are too easy of a punishment.

I am very pro-death penalty when it comes to barbaric cases like this.

These creeps have lived their entire lives by having enablers around them. In GP they will gather more groupie enablers.

I want them on death row where they deserved to be...........locked down in a cell (cage) 23 hours out of 24 with no enablers around nor anyone else to talk to.

They deserve no less than death and if the death penalty IS applied to this case that is exactly what each one will get, imo.

IMO

That's a brutal demise without a hateful motive. Being thugs usually doesn't lead to rape, torture, and murder. Something is missing.

Of course other thugs do the same thing to their victim. When crimes like this are committed often the guilty thugs have a violent criminal past being the thugs that they are.

It has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with power/control and knowing they could be just as brutal with this young woman as they wanted to be before they killed her knowing she was defenseless to stop them. They are like a pack of rabid dogs.

Many unsuspecting young female like Holly has met their own brutalization before they were murdered by their suspect or suspects.

So nothing is missing in this case except there are more arrest to come concerning the animals that subjected Holly to all of this brutalization before she was finally murdered by them.

And when murders like this happen by meth addicts the acts are even more viscous and sadistic. Read about the other murder case the TBI Director talked about that happened in 1993 by another group of meth heads. He specifically reflected on that case when mentioning Holly's case. FoxFire put the link up.

IMO

Of course other thugs do the same thing to their victim. When crimes like this are committed often the guilty thugs have a violent criminal past being the thugs that they are.

It has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with power/control and knowing they could be just as brutal with this young woman as they wanted to be before they killed her knowing she was defenseless to stop them. They are like a pack of rabid dogs.

Many unsuspecting young female like Holly has met their own brutalization before they were murdered by their suspect or suspects.

So nothing is missing in this case except there are more arrest to come concerning the animals that subjected Holly to all of this brutalization before she was finally murdered by them.

And when murders like this happen by meth addicts the acts are even more viscous and sadistic. Read about the other murder case the TBI Director talked about that happened in 1993 by another group of meth heads. He specifically reflected on that case when mentioning Holly's case. FoxFire put the link up.

IMO

Every town has its thugs. Every town has its drugs. But it is pretty darn rare for this to lead to hiding outside someone's home around 6:30 a.m. just for crimes sake. What's the motive? If holly was tortured for days, that sounds like revenge and extreme anger. I can see a crazy person who stalked holly to rape her doing this, but the more people added to the mix means you have a group of equally crazy people. Rare.

:seeya:

BBM: I totally agree that "something" is "missing" ... I believe there is more to this which IMO, will put the pieces of the puzzle together more clearly.

Will we ever know the "truth" ?

Will it ever be revealed ?

All JMO and :moo:

Every town has its thugs. Every town has its drugs. But it is pretty darn rare for this to lead to hiding outside someone's home around 6:30 a.m. just for crimes sake. What's the motive? If holly was tortured for days, that sounds like revenge and extreme anger. I can see a crazy person who stalked holly to rape her doing this, but the more people added to the mix means you have a group of equally crazy people. Rare.

Seriously I always wonder how people find others to commit crimes like this with. I can't even find anyone I like to go shopping with or to the gym with!

I'm still reading last night's posts, but something struck me and I want to say this before I forget. I thought it was so weird that they charged ZA with attacking that woman, held him without bail, and now she's dropping the charges. Everything seems to have broken loose right after that.

I wonder if they convinced her to file charges so they could get him off the street and increase their chances that people would start answering their questions about Holly. They did start talking, the dam broke, and now they don't need to try him for attacking her, so she drops the charges. They might have even told her she wouldn't have to go to trial. Just help them change the status quo by getting him off the street.

Just a thought...

These crimes are about power, not how attractive the perp finds a victim...

Yes. And most female rape victims are targeted based upon their vulnerability and accessibility, not their perceived beauty or attractiveness.

Also, the sexual pleasure derived by the rapist is related to the act of rape itself (violence, domination and control), not the perceived attractiveness or beauty of the victim.

I totally agree !

BBM: The motive, IMO, is a very important piece to this case ...

And while the DA may NOT need "motive," I think it will explain a lot as to what really happened to Holly and WHY :banghead:

JMO and :moo:

I'm still reading last night's posts, but something struck me and I want to say this before I forget. I thought it was so weird that they charged ZA with attacking that woman, held him without bail, and now she's dropping the charges. Everything seems to have broken loose right after that.

I wonder if they convinced her to file charges so they could get him off the street and increase their chances that people would start answering their questions about Holly. They did start talking, the dam broke, and now they don't need to try him for attacking her, so she drops the charges. They might have even told her she wouldn't have to go to trial. Just help them change the status quo by getting him off the street.

Just a thought...

That's a good point. I would think with these guys being career criminals that LE could have taken them in for a variety of things three years ago to get the ball rolling on what happened to holly. Its just maddening!

Do you all remember a case.. I'm not sure when it was. a couple of decades ago, I think it was...well...

A well liked cheerleader ( Heather Rich ) in Oklahoma, started hanging out with a few people, smoking pot, drinking and such.. one of the guys was a boyfriend then just friend..He was a football player, then there was his friend, and then another guy who was the badass... well they all partied with this girl all night...then one had sex with her, then the badass decided to rape her, she was trashed, didn't know what was going on and then when she came out of it.. the badass freaked out because she figured out what happened...

Well....they took her to a bridge, over the state line into Texas and the badass shot her several times.. The one who use to be her boyfriend turned states evidence and he was going to serve a few years and then he changed his mind, because he wanted his story to be believed...and ended up getting life...Her parents thought he didn't deserve life because he told all that happened.. Do you all remember that??

I thought about this case last night, when all this came out about deals and Shayne Austin ( which I think he is just trying to cover his butt ) and then Dylan.

I think this was all meth/drugs/sex induced inspired. I think they have been so hyped up and they picked Holly just for this reason. Of course just my opinion.

IMO, the motive was sexual assault fueled by meth use.

Also, it appears that more than one male participated in the sexual assault indicating it was planned. They never had any intentions of letting her live once they went through with the kidnapping.

I think the motive lies in the surrounding week or weeks before.

:seeya: Yep ... I totally agree, mountainguy.

JMO but there is "something" that led up to this ... one "speculation" is the "coon hunt" which IMO, has never been clearly verified.

JMO and :moo:

From WSMV:

Attorney: Third man to be charged soon in Bobo investigation

A third man is about to be arrested in the Holly Bobo murder investigation, according to that man's attorney.

Shayne Kyle Austin, 29, had signed an immunity agreement, according to his lawyer, Luke Evans, but now that agreement may be null and void for untruthfulness.

It is a complicated and unexpected turn in a case that is rapidly developing.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25384921/attorney-third-man-to-be-charged-soon-in-bobo-investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member