MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts are flashing through my head again-

Why when dan was standing in his driveway talking to a reporter say "if they find the tan colored car that whipped a u turn in my driveway" "you will have your kidnapper"

Why doesn't he say "we will have our kidnapper"?

To this day Dan speaks of the tan colored car because that is the false story he gave on day one. He can't change it now, and look how dumb it sounds now.

It seems many are willing to hang DR, yet LE is not. Aren't LE the professionals?

This man has been permitted to continue with his life, teaching children. In the years since J's disappearance, DR has not had legal problems in either his personal or professional life. I don't think he had any prior to J's disappearance. He has never been charged with sex offenses or child *advertiser censored* or even suspected in anything like that. I fail to see how being male, being alone, and having a driveway next to where an abduction took place makes him the lone POI.

As to DR communicating with the Wetterlings, if I were a POI, I don't know that I would go to them. I would be concerned that I might say something wrong.

The animal burning(s) or the scrap book I cannot understand, but there were no human bones found. We really don't know what the scrap book contains or when it actually was started.

FYI: Sterns Co still has not solved the murders of Mary and Susan Reker, 1974. Perhaps we should be concerned with THREE murders? There is a $50,000 reward for the girls; there are 10 posts on Websleuths.

It seems many are willing to hang DR, yet LE is not. Aren't LE the professionals?

This man has been permitted to continue with his life, teaching children. In the years since J's disappearance, DR has not had legal problems in either his personal or professional life. I don't think he had any prior to J's disappearance. He has never been charged with sex offenses or child *advertiser censored* or even suspected in anything like that. I fail to see how being male, being alone, and having a driveway next to where an abduction took place makes him the lone POI.

As to DR communicating with the Wetterlings, if I were a POI, I don't know that I would go to them. I would be concerned that I might say something wrong.

The animal burning(s) or the scrap book I cannot understand, but there were no human bones found. We really don't know what the scrap book contains or when it actually was started.

FYI: Sterns Co still has not solved the murders of Mary and Susan Reker, 1974. Perhaps we should be concerned with THREE murders? There is a $50,000 reward for the girls; there are 10 posts on Websleuths.

Well we should also be concerned with the abduction of Joshua Guimond. Which happened on DR's known running route. The night he was abducted a tip later came in that someone saw a male in bright colored clothing running in the dark. Joshua Guimond was involved in the same kind of music that DR was. DR is employed by St. Johns and Joshua attended St. Johns. The abduction happened 12 years and a couple weeks after the date of Jacobs Abduction. Joshua has since vanished without a trace.

I checked various sources on Jacob's footprints. They seem to have conclusively proved it was Jacob's footprint(s) because even Patty refers to them that way. IMO, they matched the shoe print in the driveway to one of Jacob's other similar shoes at home.

Here are some quotes about the prints:

"The police arrived six minutes later and went to the place where the boys had seen the man. Jacob’s footprints were on the driveway by where the man had been standing. But then they ended and his toe sort of dug into the gravel. There appeared to be some resistance at that point. There were tire tracks on the driveway. "
http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/media/Minnesota-Monthly/October-2009/Without-a-Trace/

"All that remained of him on the gravel road was a spot where Jacob's footprints seemed to show resistance. And then nothing."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-dig-evidence-wetterling-case-mom-hopeful/story?id=11075883

"On a gravel road was a spot where Jacob's footprints seemed to show resistance. And then...
"It's gone," Wetterling said. "It's just bizarre."
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ElizabethVargas/jacob-wetterling-missing-20-years/story?id=8874577

"What rates as a nugget is a comment from WCCO's Don Shelby, who said that Patty Wetterling reminded him that Jacob's last footprint was leading into the driveway of the farm being searched Wednesday."
http://www.minnpost.com/glean/2010/07/lots-media-commotion-over-jacob-wetterling-story

"Sources tell WCCO the farm site is where they had found the last trace they could find of the eleven-year-old boy. Back in 1989, a police dog picked up Jacob’s scent just inside the property and sources say it disappeared a couple hundred feet away. Sources also say a mold was made of Jacob’s footprint on the site back then."
http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

BBM

There MUST have been other footprints besides Jacob's. What has been reported about the other footprints on the road that would have been in close proximity to JW's? Did they stop as well? Did they continue after JW's stopped?

I come and go to this case. I find it so mentally exhausting after all these years! This has probably been discussed to death so please forgive me for not knowing the answers :)

BBM

There MUST have been other footprints besides Jacob's. What has been reported about the other footprints on the road that would have been in close proximity to JW's? Did they stop as well? Did they continue after JW's stopped?

I come and go to this case. I find it so mentally exhausting after all these years! This has probably been discussed to death so please forgive me for not knowing the answers :)

Very good questions that I hope someone can answer. Don't feel bad for repeating things, we will continue to repeat until Jacob is found. If anyone has a thought or opinion on Jacobs story please express it for all to discuss.

Joshua was in the process of writing a paper about St. John's response to sex abuse. Interestingly, authorities were denied access to search St. John's Abbey on the university campus - well known for housing monks and priests who have been put on restrictions after being accused of or admitting to sex abuse. St. John's also got a restraining order against Josh's father who was searching for his son on campus. (Really great thing to do, St. John's!) The father said bloodhound scents were traced to the abbey.

Someone also erased over 300 files on Josh's computer after he disappeared. There was also evidence of a fake ID ring.

Josh was not drunk. Who would he respond to w/o thinking? IMO someone from the abbey. Are you saying this would be DR? Not IMO.

The parents do not at all suspect DR. They suspect someone from the abbey.
Guess what else? Chris Jenkin's scent was traced to the abbey also.

Well we should also be concerned with the abduction of Joshua Guimond. Which happened on DR's known running route. The night he was abducted a tip later came in that someone saw a male in bright colored clothing running in the dark. Joshua Guimond was involved in the same kind of music that DR was. DR is employed by St. Johns and Joshua attended St. Johns. The abduction happened 12 years and a couple weeks after the date of Jacobs Abduction. Joshua has since vanished without a trace.

I've always felt DR could be involved in this abduction as well. One theory I have that involves DR: JG was returning to his dorm room from a party, he had to walk through a parking lot...DR was in the lot and spoke to JG (they know each other from band). JG gets in DR's car for unknown reasons, and they leave campus. From there, who knows. Maybe DR's parents were out of town again.

Jared, Jacob, Joshua

Joshua was in the process of writing a paper about St. John's response to sex abuse. Interestingly, authorities were denied access to search St. John's Abbey on the university campus - well known for housing monks and priests who have been put on restrictions after being accused of or admitting to sex abuse. St. John's also got a restraining order against Josh's father who was searching for his son on campus. (Really great thing to do, St. John's!) The father said bloodhound scents were traced to the abbey.

Someone also erased over 300 files on Josh's computer after he disappeared. There was also evidence of a fake ID ring.

Josh was not drunk. Who would he respond to w/o thinking? IMO someone from the abbey. Are you saying this would be DR? Not IMO.

The parents do not at all suspect DR. They suspect someone from the abbey.
Guess what else? Chris Jenkin's scent was traced to the abbey also.

You know a lot more than I did. Thank you for sharing.

It would be a way to throw off the cops, if he had time, but they were there in minutes.

I still think when he says "it would have been all over that night" that he meant they would have searched his house and found that Jacob was not there. However, without actually knowing for sure, I do see how it could be interpreted both different ways.

The cops were at the scene in minutes but when did DR venture out to speak to them, when was his call to 911? When did he investigate his outbuildings. And what color did Kevin say his car was that he drove this night?

The cops were at the scene in minutes but when did DR venture out to speak to them, when was his call to 911? When did he investigate his outbuildings. And what color did Kevin say his car was that he drove this night?

I have those same questions.

DR would have been nearly when Josh disappeared (2002). Josh was a vibrant, non-drunk college student. And, DR was able to overtake him, perhaps molest him, kill him for purposes we don't know? Guess DR had been working out a lot.

DR called 911 at 11:23 and was told by the dispatcher about a kidnapping at the end of his driveway...this is when he went out to talk to the cops. I'm curious if this is the first time anyone saw DR that night. That's a time gap of a couple hours.

DR would have been in his mid-50's when Josh disappeared (2002). Josh was a vibrant, non-drunk college student. And, DR was able to overtake him, perhaps molest him, kill him for purposes we don't know? Guess DR had been working out a lot.

Mid-50's but still an avid runner. We're talking marathons and things of the like. Likely his last abduction, if it was.

I've always felt DR could be involved in this abduction as well. One theory I have that involves DR: JG was returning to his dorm room from a party, he had to walk through a parking lot...DR was in the lot and spoke to JG (they know each other from band). JG gets in DR's car for unknown reasons, and they leave campus. From there, who knows. Maybe DR's parents were out of town again.

Jared, Jacob, Joshua

You make this sound like it really happened. There is no evidence that DR and JG are linked in J's disappearance. The father who was very involved in his son's disappearance is certain the mystery is linked to the abbey.

DR called 911 at 11:23 and was told by the dispatcher about a kidnapping at the end of his driveway...this is when he went out to talk to the cops. I'm curious if this is the first time anyone saw DR that night. That's a time gap of a couple hours.

I thought I remembered it was about 11 something. DR not around for 2 1/2 hours, wonder what he was doing? Remember when he said he saw lights out by the woodpile? If you google earth his farm there is a direct line of site from his home to the Wetterling neighborhood, perhaps he was telling a partial truth in that he saw lights as he looked past the woodpile. Who else could have acted so quickly & thoroughly than someone who saw the boys on their initial journey out? Who else had time to plan and had quick access to black pantyhose? Who else had could have walked away with Jacob and not be found out unless they lived right at the scene? Ugh...it just looks so obvious but what do I know?

You make this sound like it really happened. There is no evidence that DR and JG are linked in J's disappearance. The father who was very involved in his son's disappearance is certain the mystery is linked to the abbey.

Joshua is still missing so that's about as close minded as only believing DR took Jacob. The wetterlings keep an open mind, hoping jacob still comes home, and so should Josh's father.

nothing is obvious unless you have hard proof. I don't want to go too much into Josh's case because this is Jacob's thread. But Josh's dorm prefect and some monks who live on campus have prior history of sexually abusing and having improper relationships with students. One even threatened that the student would be expelled from SJU if he told. That is a lot of pressure on a kid because SJU is not a cheap college. I believe in my heart that these monks, some townspeople and others were a part of a group who abused kids and shared pictures from the abuse. Josh may have found out and was writing a paper on it, so someone from the group made him disappear. We need to find proof though. I also think the person who took Josh was not Jacob's abductor, but another person in the group.

As I said, it's just a theory. I believe it's equally possible that someone on campus (monk, etc) is responsible. I do have a hard time believing someone could over-power Josh though. He may have gone willingly with the perp (either on foot or in a vehicle) only to be attacked or incapacitated later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa