GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't stress too much They'll get you ..... I actually believe that the Prosecution are giving out enough rope to the witnesses (NBC included) and soon there will be a few 'home truths' put to the likes of NBC to shake him to the core. NBC may think he has been very smart today, but the anomalies, at least stand out to any person trying their best to keep on track. As you say, we have done lots of research (with limited evidence info) ....... but there is a definite focus on a few aspects ....... the contents of which focus will, I feel sure, will emerge soon e.g. the note mentioned in one of the Bail documents, which GBC said was written by Sarah on the morning her mother went missing.... the children said they had not written a note that morning at all. It also seems to me that there may be some discrepancy in GBC's daggy shorts and pyjama shorts...a pair of daggy shorts may have been missing from the house.

Yep - "come in spinner"! So much more to come. Lying in court is never a good idea. I think there are MANY trump cards to come and the BC's would be better off telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth or they could land in a little hot water themselves.

Marly the CM/Healdsun are saying NBC was witness 27. Brisbane Times NBC witness 24. Have the CM/HS included the girls and the BT not?

Thanks Amee. Yes it seems Brisbane Times hasn't included the girls at all so we'll update the count.

27 witnesses so far.

50 to go

Thanks Makara. Now that's a good start for the Timeline of Events. (So desperately needed right now) Just need to back up a little to about 4.00pm.
Omitting NBC's version. As I think it's ...... (modsnipped)
Part of TM's version may be true; if it can be corroborated with phone records.

Thinking more about this after a medicinal red, I've come to the conclusion that old Nige doesn't know his sausages from his granddaughters!

GBC would have dropped the girls off to Bwana Land earlier in the afternoon (after school) and did in fact arrive with the sausages sometime around 5:30pm.

Watchin' ya Nige!

NBC comment about going to the house and it being in darkness with Allison on the couch - this seems weird - I am not sure any mother of three young children would manage this type of time out, or a darkened home with children about.

Notice how they never broached the subject of Allison's depression but NBC managed to weave it into the testimony and the comment above about the darkened home was also meant to strengthen the depression/suicide theory. Coached and rehearsed.

:goodpost:

You see it, I see it but would the jury see it. They are not experienced sleuthers who know about roundabouts and koppers logs like us. We've had two years in the making!

When does the jury hear about the debriefing of little children. Out of the mouths of babes.

do we know if GBC's card/s were declined whilst purchasing the sausages? <modsnip>which could have prompted an argument between the couple that night

Thinking more about this after a medicinal red, I've come to the conclusion that old Nige doesn't know his sausages from his granddaughters!

GBC would have dropped the girls off to Bwana Land earlier in the afternoon (after school) and did in fact arrive with the sausages sometime around 5:30pm.

Watchin' ya Nige!

Ahh its probably all pointless women's business to him - children and cooking - easy to get it all mixed up.

do we know if GBC's card/s were declined whilst purchasing the sausages? <modsnip>which could have prompted an argument between the couple that night

The hair colour was free as it was an adjustment from my understanding of the hairdresser's and GERard's statements.

Yep - "come in spinner"! So much more to come. Lying in court is never a good idea. I think there are MANY trump cards to come and the BC's would be better off telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth or they could land in a little hot water themselves.

Truth, truth what truth?

:gasp:

Nige
:sweep:

According to GBC's phone records - page 9, he called the following numbers.

Thursday 19 April 2012:

4:18pm - Blockbuster video rentals.

4:43pm - EBC's mobile.

5:10pm - Kate Rankin.

5:11pm - Kate Rankin.

How long does a video run for? 90 minutes, 120 minutes? It's possible that GBC hired a video, probably for the kids to watch at Nigelaine's place while they were waiting to be fed.

The two calls to Kate Rankin (work associate) were probably just to check in and 'sign off' for the day.

Friday 20 April 2012:

6:46am - EBC's mobile.

9:51am - Allison's parents. Not 9:00am as Kellie Thomson stated, unless GBC phoned them earlier using the landline.

9:55am - Rob Cheeseman.

12:25pm - Andrew Willsford - Brookfield show grounds maintenance man.
(I have my theories but I'll shut up about this one for now).

By 12:29pm GBC had contacted solicitor Darren Mahoney!

12:29pm - Darren Mahony's office. This was a 25 minute call and there were further calls to Mahony throughout the day.

Interested to hear your theory about groundsmen? This is the first I have seen that GBC called him.... Is he a witness or has he made a statement that I could read somewhere?

Allison had her hair re-coloured on the Thursday night. it was a freebie as the hairdresser had stuffed it up a week or so earlier.

I have always thought that Alison was fully aware that Toni would be at the conference.. things in that business are not secret, as Gerard found out only too well.. scuttlebutt is passed around, and Alison was right there in the office to pick up these things... possibly that's why she had her hair done.. possibly that's why she arranged to go with Kate Rankin.. a bit of backup, so to speak..

I don't buy for one single second Toni's story that she felt Alison deserved to know that she, Toni would be there.. like it's Look After Alison Day for Toni?? I don't think so... she didn't want Alison cramping her style.. which.. naturally ,Alison would have quite unconsciously....

NBC comment about going to the house and it being in darkness with Allison on the couch - this seems weird - I am not sure any mother of three young children would manage this type of time out, or a darkened home with children about.

Notice how they never broached the subject of Allison's depression but NBC managed to weave it into the testimony and the comment above about the darkened home was also meant to strengthen the depression/suicide theory. Coached and rehearsed.

It's my opinion that NBC is trying to justify why GBC needed to look elsewhere for affection. I thin ABCs depression was seen as a hinderance and weakness other then a true illness. This family really must of been hard to please no wonder ABC wanted them to call first.

According to TM's first statement -

29. I recall that on Thursday the 19th April 2012 between 5pm and 5.30pm I phoned Gerard and had a conversation with him... Gerard was purchasing some sausages.

<respectfully snipped>

The family had a "fairly short" dinner together...

IMO there wouldn't have been a lot of time to cook the snags, eat them and then return home with the girls and have them in bed by 6:30pm - 7:00pm.

The girls said they had 'mince' for dinner at grandma's.

It's my opinion that NBC is trying to justify why GBC needed to look elsewhere for affection. I thin ABCs depression was seen as a hinderance and weakness other then a true illness. This family really must of been hard to please no wonder ABC wanted them to call first.

for sure... They've given Gerard a free pass on the adultery.... god help those with depression, caused by that adultery.

and Nige and Gerard were mighty quick to justify Alisons status as a missing person ,being searched for by god knows how many police and SES etc as the reason for Gerard to covertly communicate with Ms McHugh...

I wanted to reply to UnfoldingTruth's post on the previous thread in regard to NBC correcting the pronunciation of GBC's name.

I think the operative word here is "christened". NBC was trying to use a bit of psychology by getting across that his son was a good 'christian' boy and would never do anything wrong. Phttt! Truth be known NBC probably calls GBC "boy".

From all accounts, the surname his son Gerard was christened with would have been CLAY (changed to Baden-Clay much later)!

I wanted to reply to UnfoldingTruth's post on the previous thread in regard to NBC correcting the pronunciation of GBC's name.

I think the operative word here is "christened". NBC was trying to use a bit of psychology by getting across that his son was a good 'christian' boy and would never do anything wrong. Phttt! Truth be known NBC probably calls GBC "boy".

From all accounts, the surname his son Gerard was christened with would have been CLAY (changed to Baden-Clay much later)!

I wonder if he had the three children re baptised as Baden-Clay's when he changed it by deed poll.. and his and Elaine as well..

Otherwise how would God know who was knocking on St Peters Gate??

God... ' hmm.. no Baden Clays here on the list.. I have 5 Clays.. ..hmm'

When I went into court today I got stuck behind the BCs. I'm surprised that Allison confided in her mother in law - she gives the air of being the boss of the wash. And the bit about the darkened house, all to put doubt in the jury's mind about her mental state...

His phone was off the charger at 6.15am. He phones his folks at 6.30am. If she was out walking, she'd probably have been walking up the driveway around 6am or possibly later if she was due to leave for work at 7am. Did he phone the BCs before he supposedly texted Allison?

If my partner was 15 mins or so late from a morning walk, I'd hardly be reporting him/her missing to my parents. And seemed pretty nonchalant about GBC shaving 'injury'

The behaviour of the BC clan doesn't gel with a missing persons case.

My other impression was that the youngest daughter was coached. "We think she twisted her ankle" "we think" not typical language for a prep student

scary to think Nige was , or may possibly be still a marriage counsellor with the Anglicare organisation..

it was on his resume.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member