The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet GBC is wishing he used a tree branch as an excuse!

Add me to those that are loving Dr Hoskins.

exactly what I said watching the news this morning why not say tree branch or spikey plant like bouganvilia or something anything except a bloody blunt razor loved him saying well I am more likely to cut myself with anew razor , <modsnip>

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou

Dr Griffiths said he saw Gerard in person on the 22nd - later than the photographs were taken. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says there was irregularity in the marks on Gerard's face. #badenclay

Francene Norton &#8207;@francenenorton 2m

Dr Griffiths examined #badenclay on 22nd April 2012, two days after he reported his wife missing. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Dr Griffiths says the edges were irregular, not as distinct as you would see in a cut. #badenclay

I'm still expecting there to be a doozy of a reason the police turned up so quickly! I'm sure we won't know till after! but it really does seem like thee has to be a reason. What were the details of the car accident in the prado a few days earlier? We're the police involved with that?

He sounds quite vague in the phone call, and it was probably a matter of interest to the officer taking the call to look into it.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/9raw-baden-clay-s-000-call/xwkvqyd

Maybe GBC expected them to say there is nothing we can do until she is missing 24 hours. The protocol is if there is any concern for ones safety, then they act. It would seem even from this interaction an officer got a sense this was not usual. They did go and have a look pretty quickly I agree. Good work QPS...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Dr Griffiths says he believes whatever caused the abrasions was "down" in direction. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1qfaBUn

Dr Griffiths says he can't be sure if the injuries would have bled. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says the abrasions appear to be broad, in contrast to a cut. #badenclay

Does there come a time where a jury is just being overloaded with different witnesses describing the same evidence over and over?

Kimster*Websleuths &#8207;@KimsterWS 4m

#badenclay trial is on a 20 minute break. Marlywings is serving cyber hot drinks on #websleuths

I'll have a hot chocolate thanks, seeing I don't drink tea or coffee :tyou:

If Dr Watson sends down a cyber Valium I'll have a Valium milkshake.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Dr Griffiths says the first abrasion is about 2.5mm wide, the second one is 4mm wide and the lower one about 2mm wide. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says a cut to the skin, from a knife or blade, has a defined edge. "It's just a split in the skin." #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says they could be caused by fingernail scratching, particularly because of the direction being down. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says there may be other explanations, but the impression he formed was they could be caused by fingernails. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says "one cuts one's skin with a razor". He wouldn't say he abraded his skin with a razor. #badenclay

Wonder why he thought it was such a good idea to blame it on the razor? Did he go through different possibilities and decide a razor was most plausible? Or was it a panicked decision? Or was it suggested to him by someone else who thought it was a good idea? Oh the things I'll never know....

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Asked if they could have been caused by a razor, Dr Griffiths says it is highly improbable #badenclay

Dr Leslie Griffiths: "They resemble scratch marks." Impression: cld be caused by fingernail scratches. abcnews #badenclay imp

Dr Griffiths: "Could be caused by a human scratch, in other words fingernail scratching." #badenclay @7NewsBrisbane

Jamie McKinnell &#8207;@jamie86 2m

Dr Griffiths is explaining the characteristics of #badenclay facial injuries "they resemble scratch marks" @NewsTalk4BC

He sounds quite vague in the phone call, and it was probably a matter of interest to the officer taking the call to look into it.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/9raw-baden-clay-s-000-call/xwkvqyd

Maybe GBC expected them to say there is nothing we can do until she is missing 24 hours. The protocol is if there is any concern for ones safety, then they act. It would seem even from this interaction an officer got a sense this was not usual. They did go and have a look pretty quickly I agree. Good work QPS...

One has to wonder if once GBC made the (000) call, gave his and her names and addresses and these were entered onto police data base that history was retrieved with maybe domestic violence event/s at same address (thus explaining nil relationship between ABC/GBC and neighbours - odd in itself given GBC propensity for 'selling himself and the business' to any and all...

Naturally, no police reference to same would be shared with media.
ABC seemingly protected her parents from this sort of info.
BC's wouldn't approve of it even tho they'd excuse GBC, they're hardly going to repeat it (not even OW!)

IMO

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Dr Griffiths says he has never seen an injury like that caused by a razor. "Highly improbable." #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says they are abrasions, not cuts. A razor would not cause an abrasion "however you might look at it". #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says the smaller marks on Gerard's face were not there when he saw him on the 22nd. #badenclay

Does there come a time where a jury is just being overloaded with different witnesses describing the same evidence over and over?

While thats certainly a possibility for some individuals, the judge will summarise very clearly once all witnesses have been heard. I'd like to think at that point all jurors would have a concise understanding of what they have been listening too.
I would also imagine the judge will choose to do his summary at the start of a fresh day so as to give everyone the best chance for clear understanding and reflection.

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 3m

Dr Griffiths: I've never seen an injury like this in my own experience #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 35s

Dr Griffiths is now talking about the injury on Gerard's neck. Two definite abrasions with tapering. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says the marks go from top to bottom, tapering at the bottom. He says he got the impression they were caused by fingernails.

Dr Griffiths says there is an area of redness above the two abrasions. He says the abrasions are linear. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths is describing how a fingernail could have lifted off the skin halfway down, applying less pressure. #badenclay

In the last 24hours I have read 2 more witnesses have come forward with information

Rest assured I'm not one of the two new witnesses but my info that morning would have been invaluable to someone.

Dr Sleuth, if you'd like a break from tweets at any stage, let me know, happy to take over :)

While we're waiting.. I'm wondering if OW spoke to the girl's teachers that morning, I'd imagine she would have to explain a little about what's going on. How long was she away from the house and what info. might she have given them?

also, the house on B'kfld Rd. has a huge amount of construction and building going on around it, it's busy, loud, etc. I hope the jury gets taken on a quiet night.

I heard Ow give her evidence and she said when she took the girls to school they showed her where each of their classrooms were and she spoke to each of their teachers and then the principal. So this would have taken up some time before school started as she was there about 8 am.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Dr Griffiths says he has never seen an injury like that caused by a razor. "Highly improbable." #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says they are abrasions, not cuts. A razor would not cause an abrasion "however you might look at it". #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says the smaller marks on Gerard's face were not there when he saw him on the 22nd. #badenclay

? ? ?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Dr Griffiths: There may be other explanations than that. I can't think of any but there may be. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 36s

Dr Griffiths describing injuries on Gerard's chest, thought it might have been from a strap on a pack #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Dr Griffiths says he can't be certain about the injuries above Gerard's armpit. It could be caused by a strap from a bag. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Griffiths thought the marks on Gerard's neck were caused by human figures, drawn down. Can't rule out other causes #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Dr Griffiths says he would classify it as a bruise with a patterned abrasion. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug