The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they talking about what happened ten years ago when GBC said numerous times to the police she was fine?

And why the heck did it take his mother to refer Allison to a doctor? Even if you don't believe in depression if your wife fainted in get car wouldn't you take her to hospital? Such a loving and caring husband.

Also, I don't believe for one minute Allison never got angry and shouted at him re the affair. I am not one who gets angry often (obviously talking about GBC is a big exception) and certainly am not violent. But when I was in my early 20s and found out my long term boyfriend slept with someone else I was so angry I had to be restrained as I was kicking the living day lights out of his gammy knee.

The way the defence is building this up to so much blame on everyone, everything but GBC.

Almost making it sound like a mercy killing. Like they are covering all bases. jmho

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 23s
"Throughout this they maintained the outer image of a normal couple." This is before they had 3rd child. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Elise Eyears ‏@eliseeyears 29s
Defence: communication was strained and their love was non-existent. #badenclay

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 30s
Defence says Baden-Clay maintained the image of being a normal, loving couple when it wasn't. @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

I can see the sticky hands of Olivia and Nige all over this preamble.. heh..

spin it on, BC"s... spin on and on..

12:16pm: Mr Byrne said Mr and Mrs Baden-Clay then obtained positions as volunteers with an international scouts organisation in Switzerland.

"You would understand why Gerard would be excited about that prospect because of his family background," Mr Byrne said.

Mr Baden-Clay is the great-grandson of scouting movement founder Lord Robert Baden-Powell.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-11-week-3-20140626-3aumz.html#ixzz35hwADwMI

and there we go!
Feeling sick, sending some loving thoughts to the Dickies

How can he say his business was goin forward, but his marriage deteriorating? His business was in the tank, for crying out loud!

Pass the zoloft. ARGH.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Allison desperately wanted another child, he didn't think that was a good idea. She wanted to give him a son - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 26s
He had an affair with Michelle Hammond, who he worked with. He wasn't proud of himself - defence #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Byrne says in Gerard's words their love life was non-existent. #badenclay @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Despite relationship strain, Allison told Gerard she wanted another child, a son. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
#badenclay will tell jury his love life with Allison was "non-existent" by 2004, her antidepressant drugs caused her libido to dive.

Byrne says "in the context of that background" Gerard had an affair with Michelle Hammond. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Byrne says Gerard was "ashamed", "got out of the affair" and agreed to have another baby with Allison. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Byrne says their real estate business won a local award in its first year. #badenclay

Byrne says the business was going forward but his relationship with Allison was deteriorating. #badenclay

Sounds like he wants a "husband & father of the year award" as well.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 38s

When Gerard worked in real estate would be home at 5pm for "happy hour" - feed, bathe kids. A would go to bed. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Please everyone, a round of applause for the hero?

No, he was playing with his mistresses!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Byrne says Allison was excited about the pregnancy and things were looking up. #badenclay

Byrne says Allison became "anxious" in her third trimester and went to see her doctor again. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard contacted the doctor to warn they were having another girl and Allison would be upset. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Byrne says Allison, in Gerard's words, "desperately" wanted another child. Gerard didn't think it was a good idea. #badenclay

Byrne says Allison desperately wanted a son because there were no male Baden-Clays.

Byrne says "in the context of that background" Gerard had an affair with Michelle Hammond. #badenclay

right there.. he has sunk himself.. double whammy.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
In the context of this, Gerard had an affair with a woman named Michelle Hammond. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Elise Eyears ‏@eliseeyears 1m
Defence tells Allison wanted another child but Gerard didn't accept. Allison became more depressed. Gerard eventually agreed. #badenclay

BBM - I'm DISGUSTED that he uses this as "context"!

HAHA!!! Yesterday I was worried that the case the prosecution put forward was it, but NOW we have Gerard taking the stand and that means the jury will see exactly what it was about him that made the police so suspicious .. I love when a defendant shoots themselves in the foot by taking the stand .. O happy day! :D

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Byrne says Allison was "almost shocked" when she had the baby, a girl, but bonded with her. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s
Gerard got out of affair with Ms Hammond, Allison fell pregnant, recurrence of depression #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 24s
He was growing his business, had ambitions, wanted not just open agency - defence #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix