The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
qzrm2v.jpg

Today's court proceedings have left me feeling low. GBC is just a nasty piece of work. I don't know how his ex-business partners would feel. His high school blood-brother friends - would they be squirming about his flippancy with their money, or be thinking "Good old G, gotta love him", or "poor silly *advertiser censored* has got himself in a real spot, it's only money, doesn't matter what he says to get off"? Somewhere there G said arrogantly that when Flegg wasn't good for a loan, G knew for a fact that he had the money. That started to make me think of con men in polyester shirts that stink of days old B.O. - and that is the picture I now have of Gerard. A nasty little rancid polyester man ... But that doesn't make him a murderer. He is like a poker player. The prosecution are saying "look at the hand you were dealt, you must have been under so much pressure" - and G is saying "business as usual" ... I hope Laserdisc can report back from court and add some colour to fill in the tweets.
I thought the "Honestly!" comment about the blog was his admission that was just PR *advertiser censored*.

I'm sorry you're feeling low Possum, but look on the bright side, it's almost over and for the first time I can hear a cell door slamming. I'm feeling pretty excited about today. I just hope that The Dickies etc can see light in a somewhat endless tunnel. Big hugs to you and the Dickies. X

Why would selling the business be something Toni wanted to hear such that it'd placate her?

Doesn't seem to make any sense. Seems like the sort of dramatic thing you'd say to shock someone to change the subject away from something you didn't want to talk about.

[quote name="Janeumayer" post=10684373]David Murray @TheMurrayD · 24s
Fuller asks about the state of the bed that morning. Gerard: bed cover on Allison's side was folded down like she'd been in it #badenclay

Ok I have been a woman on a mission here. Back in the taped police interview from the day after Allison went missing GBC definitely says that when he got up to make his side of the bed, Allison's side of the doona had already been pulled up (from about 00:45 onwards):

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/qld-news/badenclay-the-police-tapes-5543107.html

When discussing how he could tell if Allison had been in bed ...

Police: ... the pillow was moved or ...

GBC: ... Yeah, and well, when I went to make the bed, you know, I'd got up and put my, you know, side up, you know, of the doona ... but when I went to make the bed her side was up as well. So, you know when I got into bed, does that make sense? You know, her side of the doona was folded back as well, so she must have done that when she got up.

A bit hard to transcribe - he seemed very jittery and wasn't being too clear. Sounded like he had a mouthful of cottonballs

Then the next day he says it was folded back, when he was at the showgrounds. " I was asked yesterday if there was any evidence that Allison came to bed. When I made my side of the bed her side was folded down." May not have been the exact wording, but along those lines.

What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?[/QUOTE]

Gerard used the $270,000 to pay a debt to Peter Crana.

Now we're getting warm.... a truth within a lie - BBM

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Gerard says her falling over, getting knocked unconscious, was foremost in his mind. #badenclay

Clocked with an iron perhaps??

Can anyone go out and get me more firewood so i can stay here all warm and toasty? I don't really want to start on the furniture.

Firewood?? What use would a Queenslander have for firewood?? What's the matter, has it dropped below 30 degrees there? :floorlaugh:

It's a long way from Melbourne but I can telepathically teleport you some of the trees and branches that littered the sides of the road on my way to work today - we've had some wild winds and storms here in the past week or so.

I'd say that's exactly what happened, but IMO it was in reverse - "getting knocked unconscious, falling over" . . . to be continued tomorrow.

re Originally Posted by Forensics View Post
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Gerard says her falling over, getting knocked unconscious, was foremost in his mind. #badenclay

Truth within a lie! Thanks MM. Allison got knocked or (footy tackled) unconscious and got leaves in her hair from the BC patio.

But wait, there's more: Not forgetting that: somehow and at sometime Gerard had accidentally fallen and hit his forehead, thus incurring the mark or lump there.

Thank you to the person who provided that information today re OW explaining his forehead lump, bump or bruise. (I had completely forgotten that!) And the lump or bruise would have disappeared by the time QPS got around to photographs. OW specifically pointed to the place where the lump bump or bruise was. It must have been mighty evident at that time. Good work OW.

Foremost, Forehead, Footy (tackle), Fall ....... (Possibly all Truths)
(and I don't want to mod-snipped for saying another F word, (but it is past tense, and it refers to G, and it means Foiled) as I don't believe MW has mod-snipped anyone at all today. That would have to a record!

And Fuller is Fantastic! And has Fans across the nation!

We need a batphone directly to the prosecutors.

I've just listened to the 000 call and police i/v of 20th and to me he sounds vague. Like he's been up all night and is too tired to make proper sentences or remember the right words.

Don't mean to alarm you Oddsocks...I started 'fainting' at about 12 years of age. I heard recently that it could be an early 'sign' of anxiety/panic attacks from which I still suffer. LOL ! I have fainted in some awesome places in the most illustrious company ....Please keep a close eye on little Miss 11

Could also be a vasovagal syncope. I've had them since I was a toddler.

Here you go:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vasovagal-syncope/basics/definition/con-20026900

We need a batphone directly to the prosecutors.

I've just listened to the 000 call and police i/v of 20th and to me he sounds vague. Like he's been up all night and is too tired to make proper sentences or remember the right words.

Yes I recently had to call 000 when my husband was having a heart attack and even though I had woken from a fairly deep sleep and it was 1am I was a lot more 'with it' than he seemed to be -

Ok I have been a woman on a mission here. Back in the taped police interview from the day after Allison went missing GBC definitely says that when he got up to make his side of the bed, Allison's side of the doona had already been pulled up [...]

Thanks for that Cats

So who makes half a bed while there's still someone asleep in it - ?
Sounds somewhere between strange and pointless to me...

re Originally Posted by Forensics View Post
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Truth within a lie! Thanks MM. Allison got knocked or (footy tackled) unconscious and got leaves in her hair from the BC patio.

But wait, there's more: Not forgetting that: somehow and at sometime Gerard had accidentally fallen and hit his forehead, thus incurring the mark or lump there.

Thank you to the person who provided that information today re OW explaining his forehead lump, bump or bruise. (I had completely forgotten that!) And the lump or bruise would have disappeared by the time QPS got around to photographs. OW specifically pointed to the place where the lump bump or bruise was. It must have been mighty evident at that time. Good work OW.

Foremost, Forehead, Footy (tackle), Fall ....... (Possibly all Truths)
(and I don't want to mod-snipped for saying another F word, (but it is past tense, and it refers to G) as I don't believe MW has mod-snipped anyone at all today. That would have to a record!
And Fuller is fantastic!

Can anyone link me up with where OW described G's bumped head? I've seen references to it in the last day or so, but can't remember the original story. TIA :)

I mentioned earlier that I thought G was sounding a bit incoherent in that police interview tape - I wonder if he reached for some of the famed zoloft himself thinking it would calm his rattled nerves in the aftermath of whatever happened to poor Allison? Bumped head, strange speech, the minor bingle in the car at Indro... you never know.

And on the morning of the 20th they had no grounds to collect evidence, she was missing not dead at that stage, so anything collected then would be inadmissable in court.

With all due respect I would beg to disagree - the house was declared to be a crime scene very early on that morning, anything collected once it was a crime scene would be admissible in court IMO.

What a day! Thank you to all our tweet posters. Wonder what tomorrow will bring. I can't see a lot more cross examination by Mr Fuller. He has covered a lot and will be able to bring it all together in his closing address. I think it will finish on Thursday as I think it was Makara who said that was the last allocated day.

Now to check in on the Oscar Pistorius trial as they should be about to start for the day. And have to cook dinner in between, how inconvenient.

No it wasn't me Ali. I personally would like to see GBC sit there until he breaks down and confesses, no matter how long it takes!

Wow what an interesting few days it has been with GBC on the stand. It looks like Mr Contradiction is working his magic. Unbelievable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw