The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:34am: Mr Fuller has asked Mr Baden-Clay why he chose to drive his wife's Holden Captiva to search for her on the morning she disappeared.

The Holden Captiva was parked in the car port that morning.

Mr Baden-Clay's white Toyota Prado was parked in the drive way in front of the car port.

"You would have had to reverse it [the Captiva] out around the Prado and down the driveway?" Mr Fuller asked.

"Yes. That was perfectly normal," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

"There wasn't significant damage to the Prado?" Mr Fuller said.

"No. Someone side-swiped me," Mr Baden-Clay said.

"And when had that occurred?" Mr Fuller asked.

"On the Monday," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

"So you'd been driving the vehicle on the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday," Mr Fuller said.

"Yes," Mr Baden-Clay said.

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay had been involved in a minor car accident on the Monday morning.

"There was nothing to stop you taking the Prado?" Mr Fuller said.

"There was nothing to stop me taking the Prado with me, that's correct," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36GkHaa8C

ate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s
Gerard is talking about the age of the house and the building materials used. #badenclay

I'm a little disappointed that prosecution didn't reinforce more of yesterday's big hits.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Gerard says if anyone made a sound in the house, they would hear it, no sound proofing #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

He denies that she bled in the car after somehow being injured by him #badenclay

Time to roll out the yellow skip please Marly!

I wonder if GBC engaged the services of prostitutes when money was flush? Or was he more content messing with people's lives & relationships?

I had that thought too!!:facepalm:

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 42s

'I am offended' he says, of the questions #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s

Fuller starts by saying there was risk Toni could have called Gerard's phone night of 20th. He agrees #badenclay

Indeed. Hence, why don't you linger over coffee after your appointment, Al? (giving me more time/space to try and smooth this ****storm over/placate/think up yet another cunning plan)

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

He never did anything to Allison, not that night or any night #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says he did not hear any noises that night. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s
Gerard says one of the girls got up on the night of April 19 after they put them to bed. Allison was on the couch. #badenclay

Wow I didn't think Fuller would go for the throat so quickly,I had anticpation of a little more because I got the feeling GBC was sweating a bit with his snarky remarks and apparent lapses in 'official' story.

*sigh* I just hope the jury noticed the snarkiness over the last couple of days.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
Byrne asks Gerard to clarify what he meant when he admitted he had deceived Allison for four years. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 42s

'I am offended' he says, of the questions #badenclay

We are offended too. Allison was murdered then dumped on a creek bed. How about demanding answers are sought? Offended....I have no polite words....

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Gerard says he spoke to Allison about Toni, but not about "any of the other women I had a relationship with". #badenclay

But but but - you said you weren't "in a relationship" with any of them!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s
Gerard says he deceived her and his family and friends by not telling them about his infidelities. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 55s

He agrees that he deceived his wife Allison for four years about his affairs but not about anything else #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard says deceived is a strong word, rather he protected Allison by not telling people about her depression. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Gerard says if anyone made a sound in the house, they would hear it, no sound proofing #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

He denies that she bled in the car after somehow being injured by him #badenclay

Smothering someone would be silent Gerry very silent buddy.

We are offended too. Allison was murdered then dumped on a creek bed. How about demanding answers are sought? Offended....I have no polite words....

And I'm sure Allison's family are offended!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member