Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alert will continue
Over 100 tips from across country

Canvassed area for CCTV Video
Have found some and are in posession of it being reviewed

CTV News ‏@CTVNews 45s
Calgary Police: More than 80 individuals involved in the investigation, from uniformed officers to forensic investigators.

My live stream kept breaking up, did I hear right that it was said Nathan wasn't supposed to be there?

My live stream kept breaking up, did I hear right that it was said Nathan wasn't supposed to be there?
Yes that is what I heard as well. Sounds like the sleep over was not planned as the blue shirt mom was holding onto was the change of clothes she brought with her for Nathan when she went to pick him up the next morning.

Nope. They said Kathy and Rod had declared bankruptcy

Okay. It kept freezing up on me and I missed most of it.

Why would they mention that Rod had declared bankruptcy in the past?........how did that even come up about his financial situation?

Okay. It kept freezing up on me and I missed most of it.

Why would they mention that Rod had declared bankruptcy in the past?........how did that even come up about his financial situation?

It was a question from a reporter.

Both grandparents are grandparents of the child, and parents of Nathan's mom.

They were moving to Edmonton and were thinking about spending a few months in Mexico: Mazatlan

No reward offered at this time.

Nathan wasn't supposed to be there.

Parents, especially father, is crushed.

They mention that his soul is with God. Child is religious.

They think that this is beyond Calgary, that the family is no longer in Calgary.

Dad's twin brother bought vacation property for family and hollidays ( Mexico?)

Nathan's mom talks about "Mom" and "Alvin".

Sold their house and then leased it back.

Forensic crime scene team found marks on the side of the house, for a distance along the side, and that is being examined for relevance.

Six detectives following up on tips. 80 officers involved so far.

Police want to exhaust investigative strategies prior to offering reward, but they are exploring that option

Mentioned that they are proceeding as they do with all homicide related investigations

No info about cell phones to protect the integrity of the investigation.

They don't know motive at this time.

A number of tips are relevant, but some are taking officers away from relevant tips. Tips have come in from across the country.

No suspects. Police warn about being vigilant and wary about who you let into your home.

Border crossings, airports, and US agencies have been notified.

One of the reporters is asking a lot of questions about Panama and so on ... sleuthing.

They're looking to corroborate information that they already have, still trying to determine the relevance of the information that they have.

Father said that Nathan's soul is with God right now.

There was a break in of sorts just over a week ago fwiw..

http://www.660news.com/2014/06/24/c...o-sw-home-and-sexually-assaulted-young-woman/

"Calgary police are looking for one suspect after a young woman was assaulted by an intruder in her bedroom in Braeside.

Shortly after 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning, an unknown man entered the residence in the 600 block of Brookpark Drive S.W. and made his way to the basement bedroom of the woman in her 20s.

The victim awoke to find the man standing over her and he sexually assaulted her.

The woman was eventually able to kick the man over and run to her parents bedroom where she called police.

The suspect fled and police have not been able to find him"

Does that mean the father believes his son is no longer alive?!

I don't know. I think he must be terrified for his son. The mother mentioned that Nathan is very religious, so perhaps they are holding on to religion at this time to get through this.

I wonder why she calls her dad by his given name, and I wonder what the grands called their grandparents. Just awful!!!

Speaking from past experience, really far in my past, it may have been time for Jennifer and Nathan to go and he begged mom to let him spend the night. I always did that when I was at my grandparents and it usually worked. So if it were someone from the estate sale, they
may not have thought a child would be there. I wonder if any of the buyers asked any strange or personal questions such as who lived in the house, are you selling it, etc.
Jennifer was asked about whether there were any valuable items left in the house and she got guidance from her right not to answer that and at least one other question from reporters.

Does that mean the father believes his son is no longer alive?!

No I don't thinks so. I think it was just sort of nervous, distraught, clumsy wording. I think he meant that God was watching over Nathan. Both parents spoke directly TO Nathan, promising that they'd bring him home soon.....the Mom emphasizing that she wanted Nathan to be able to hear her voice........and assuring him that if he wasn't with Mommy & Daddy, he was with the next best people to be safe with his grandparents and that she was certain that Grandma was holding him tight.

Maybe drag marks were of a heavy item that they were selling and scraped against the ground? LE may be appealing to those who visited the sale to help recall what that item was? JMO Maybe that item was the target for theft and the thief was discovered. JMO

I'm curious whether the grandfather and his twin brother are identical or fraternal. The fact that they are twins might explain why the brother went to the house when he couldn't reach the grandfather ... maybe it was a feeling.

If they are identical, then if ... contrary to police information ... if there was a domestic situation and the grandfather fled, then he would have ID and a vehicle to use without creating any suspicion.

I wonder why she calls her dad by his given name, and I wonder what the grands called their grandparents. Just awful!!!

They introduced themselves as children of the couple, but Nathan's mom talked about Mom and Alvin, so it must be mom and stepdad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv