Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTTO- Would you be able to do your red hue thing on this picture for us? I think it would be helpful. TIA :fence:

This is what I get when pushing the red and the magenta (pink/violet).

otto, you're darn good with pictures. Have you tried doing your thingy on that pic friend?

I did but it's still a black blob with some blue colouring. If it was a dog, I think the humane society would have been contacted.

If that's a bag, I'll eat my bra. :) I have never seen a lost trash bag. Zoom in and look at the look in that dogs eyes. Look at the ears, the jaw, the nose. All just IMO of course. I could be dead wrong. :)

BBM I'm looking for a smilie for that. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

They introduced themselves as children of the couple, but Nathan's mom talked about Mom and Alvin, so it must be mom and stepdad.
Maybe I misread Otto's post. I was reading it as saying Nathan's mom is the daughter of both of them, and grandparents of Nathan. I thought early in the thread, somebody posted a FB or other SM site, that they had 2 children together. Maybe I'm losing it!

<rsbm>

Correction .. it was said to be Kathryn and Nathan's dad RO who had declared bankruptcy:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - AMBER ALERT: Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014

Thank you! So it was the grandparents that declared bankrupcy to avoid repaying debt. I don't know how a realtor could be bankrupt in a city where the real estate market has been booming, so I wonder: was the grandmother really a realtor? In any case, depending on how much they owed, that could have been a factor in this abduction, especially since it coincides with liquidating and skipping town. I believe that bankrupcy allows people to retain their home, vehicles, and house contents, especially if there is a business in the home (grandmother had a website business in the home, although it doesn't seem that any websites were developed).

I did a few color enhancements on the image, as well as an invert.

I don't think its a dog, but I do see a clear outline of a bottle in the bag.

Attachments

• not a dog.jpg
    not a dog.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 136
I just had a thought that I thought was really great and really needed to be said.

Then I lost it.

Grrrrrrr. Racking my brain to try to get it back.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Careful Tulessa ... we all saw a dog in the car window in the Tori Stafford case. Was nothing more than pareidolia (<that word). If I allow myself, looking at that bag (or whatever it is), I see Nathan with his hand to his mouth, and Grandma's head on his shoulder. Keepin' stick on ice here though :)

That is exactly what I imagined seeing .... boy center, g.m. head resting on his left shoulder, our right.
We must be drinking the same kool-aid, lol!

Just speculation ...

If N was asleep in another room, while the abduction was taking place, did the grandparents tell the perp(s) their grandson was in another room sleeping.

If N was not aware of what was going on, why would the abductor(s) take the little boy, if he was not witness to anything or anyone.

Why would the grandparents even let on he was in the home? Why wouldn't they take the chance their grandson would have stayed safe throughout the night or early morning until his mom arrived or hoped that N would have gone outside to look for them in the morning and be seen by a neighbour.

The person responsible would not have known N was going to be spending the night.

imo

I did a few color enhancements on the image, as well as an invert.

I don't think its a dog, but I do see a clear outline of a bottle in the bag.

Thank you LMC!! Off to eat my bra! :floorlaugh:

It's a darn bag! :floorlaugh:

Maybe I misread Otto's post. I was reading it as saying Nathan's mom is the daughter of both of them, and grandparents of Nathan. I thought early in the thread, somebody posted a FB or other SM site, that they had 2 children together. Maybe I'm losing it!

I don't know anymore. What I noticed in the media release where the parents spoke is that Nathan's mom referred to her "mom and Alvin". I'm pretty sure that means that Alvin is a stepfather. I think the grandmother has two children and the grandfather might have four, but it's possible that the identical twin in Mazatlan has four children, as it seems there was initially some confusion between Alvin and is twin Allen in terms of facebook pages.

That is exactly what I imagined seeing .... boy center, g.m. head resting on his left shoulder, our right.
We must be drinking the same kool-aid, lol!

Imma gonna make you eat 1/2. :floorlaugh:

Thank you! So it was the grandparents that declared bankrupcy to avoid repaying debt. I don't know how a realtor could be bankrupt in a city where the real estate market has been booming, so I wonder: was the grandmother really a realtor? In any case, depending on how much they owed, that could have been a factor in this abduction, especially since it coincides with liquidating and skipping town. I believe that bankrupcy allows people to retain their home, vehicles, and house contents, especially if there is a business in the home (grandmother had a website business in the home, although it doesn't seem that any websites were developed).

With Kathryn declaring bankruptcy, that would explain everything being in Alvin's name (iirc, the house was in his name). Nathan's dad RO however would be separate and apart from the grandparents financial issues.

I have some thoughts, but will summarize only by saying I'm wondering if there were some unpaid debts to unscrupulous persons.

Being a Canadian and a travel agent I have to wonder if Mexico has more of a play in this. Canadians have been getting murdered in different areas of Mexico for sometime now. I have no clue if this was mentioned in previous posts. I also have no clue of it even relates as Mexico is a beautiful Country. Just kinda thinking out loud. Hope they are all found safe and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black item in the photo looks like black plastic to me. I dont think a forensic team would have a dog anywhere near a crime scene they are trying to process.

No they wouldn`t. If there was a dog in the home then they would have had animal services or a family member take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member