GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going back and rereading original statements and something just jumped out at me from Jocelyn Frost's -

That's quite odd and a worry to me, as I don't think many fathers would be 'belting' their young daughters - let alone admitting it in the office.

She also makes quite a few references to TM's explosive nature under stress, and this was in her capacity as a friend and support person for TM as she seemed to feel sorry for her.
37. ... On my last day at the office I confronted Toni about what she had told Gerard and she flew into a rage.
38. I'm not sure how I found out but I became aware that Allison found out about the affair. I was worried about Toni that she might do something with her life. Unfortunately she can't manage without him. I was a support to her at that time and she was screaming and crying and had her two sons with her.
40. ... Toni has a terrible temper and with the things that were being text and emailed I thought she was over it.
41. ... She found out that Allison and Kate were going to a property management course on Friday. Toni went right off because Gerard had not mentioned it before. Toni was going to the conference and Toni told Gerard to make sure that Allison wasn't there. ... I was thinking that Toni and Gerard had a fight at five o'clock and a few hours later Allison is missing.

Maybe there was some conspiring going on after all - or at least enormous pressure to act. If Allison had then put on a bold front that evening he could have lost the plot?

My goodness you don't think that it's going to be suggested that Toni killed her and GBC helped tidy up the mess - thus I did not kill my wife - I would not leave my children alone [emoji35]

My goodness you don't think that it's going to be suggested that Toni killed her and GBC helped tidy up the mess - thus I did not kill my wife - I would not leave my children alone [emoji35]

Nah, GBC wouldn't have hesitated to put the blame on TMcH if she had done it. Besides, the scratches.

This post is in reply to Maigret 1.51pm post.
That's "throwing Toni under the bus"
Doesn't mean it's true. Or doesn't mean that's what actually truthfully happened.
But knowing the type of tactics that G is prepared to use to save his own hide, then IMO that is what he would like people to think.
Subtle little innuendos and inferences keep getting dropped. Volatile being one.
His "innocence" and pretence of not having the slightest notion what might possibly have happened, being another.

Hi All - my husband and I use the Find My Friend app as he is a cyclist and we've had a couple of scares with him coming off his bike/getting flats in remote areas. I can confirm that the app shows yourself as the blue dot, and other people as an orange and white icon - see screen capture of where I am currently towards the bottom left side of the screen near Milton showing in blue.
Wow.... So her phone was never at Boscombe Road.

I've always thought that it was in the Brisbane River. Never to be seen again.

Did any of us realise or phones record the times they are plugged in to charge and unplugged again? This case opened my eyes to that fact, although logically I should have realised it from the battery usage graph. A "Duh!" moment for me, and I consider myself fairly phone savvy :)
I discovered it by mistake on my iPhone (no longer have it) once when I was doing a backup and I came across some times of charging. I was very surprised! Would never have thought of something like that and I'm sure he never thought that either!

OT. I need help guys. I can't figure put for the life of me how to find my old comments in threads in this new system... I can't even find how to find help in the new system lol. HELPPPPPPP!!!! :)

Thanks mods. Found help link ;)

OT. I need help guys. I can't figure put for the life of me how to find my old comments in threads in this new system... I can't even find how to find help in the new system lol. HELPPPPPPP!!!! :)

Click on your name in this post you just made and options come up, one is for your posts.

Please note Kimster's post from following link all about the upgrade/new features etc. You can post any questions in that thread.

Again, the search feature is not allowing you to see old posts yet. Wait two days and then we'll see if they show up. The search feature takes two days to load the old database.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...MESSAGE-to-MEMBERS-ONLY*forum-upgrade*/page19

That time lapse photography shown by the defence was totally s**thouse. The guy who did it got up on the stand and when questioned by Fuller (aka supersmartstonecoldfox) couldn't do the math involved in his own time lapse set up - it was hideous. The photography was very very amateur as there were shadows all over the place which made it difficult to see actual levels of the tide. (According to Gerry from AC - the phtographer should have known how to do the photography to reduce the shadows.)There was not enough resolution, in terms of being to far away from the shoreline, to see leaves and material deposit. (But take a look at the muddy shoreline and see how much residue of stuff there is - zilch unless there is a bump then its not leaf litter its larger material!) My take would be that if Allison had been subjected to that tidal influence she would have attracted more large stuff like tree branches and collected sticks with dead leaf attached litter so a few leaves tangled in her hair would not have been at all in keeping with the type of litter that came down the creek.

Also cats claw creeper becomes brittle and easily broken when it dries out. My thinking would be that this cats claw creeper would have been alive and green as it tangled in Allisons hair at the car port and died out and dried there in-situ. Unless a long branch of it came down as a long vine of leaves there is no way it would have lasted floating on the top of the creek and no way it could have become tangled in her hair. (wasn't her jumper over her head anyway?)

Also Todd Fuller (supersmartstonecoldfox) asked the guy if he had done any images inline with the body , parallel to the creek -that it would have been useful to see the tide as it 'washed' over the spot where Allison's body was found, to provide a real comparison the traffic of debris. He had not done this. It was a case of too little too late. I don't really think it impressed anyone of anything.

Spot on. This witness did not assist in anyway to the case. It simply showed time lapsed video for June 2014. Had no bearing on April 2012. Made him look a bit silly, really - especially for the defence.

I'm sorry to post a newbie question that must be annoying to the WS veterans. I'm hoping since there is no court action it won't be too much of a distraction. So I am thinking about the lack of evidence in the car linked to Allison apart from the blood stain. Surely a hair or two? (Although I think by this stage her jumper is already over her head :() But then I was thinking about NBC and the vacuum cleaner. And I don't even know where to start looking if/where this was addressed or not....

I'm sorry to post a newbie question that must be annoying to the WS veterans. I'm hoping since there is no court action it won't be too much of a distraction. So I am thinking about the lack of evidence in the car linked to Allison apart from the blood stain. Surely a hair or two? (Although I think by this stage her jumper is already over her head :() But then I was thinking about NBC and the vacuum cleaner. And I don't even know where to start looking if/where this was addressed or not....

Good question as far as I'm concerned!

:welcome:
:wagon:

Glad to have you here!

:gday:

He said there was a vacuum in the boot of a Holden Commodore sedan.

He said he tested the vacuum and obtained a weak TMB reaction, but put it down to rust.

He said he received a negative reaction after testing for blood on the brush.

Sen-Constable Streeting said he could also perform a confirmatory test to determine whether a blood sample was human or from an animal.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/1/fi11757133.htm

I have been thinking about NBC and his innocence and a few things that don't add up.
NBC appears to be behind his son in so much.

He advised G to contact the Insurance company, as soon as a body was found. Not necessarily Allison's body. A body. Formal Identification did not occur until the following day. How did they both know it was Allison's body? To say they heard through the internet is a complete furphy. Had they identified the body, they might have known the body was Allison's. Why contact Insurance company?

Well it is the right and proper thing to do, contact the Insurance. A course of events. Procedure. Etc.

And whilst on the subject to procedures:

NBC refused to help the police in any way. I stand to be corrected there, but isn't that obstructing the course of justice?
NBC did not assist in the search for Allison.
And then, NBC went out of his way recently to portray Allison in a very poor light. A fabricated light. An evil light.

In reality, I think Allison was a light that shone in a very dark place.

yep. Daddy took care of the insurance papers, Daddy also took care of the Lawyers what else did Daddy help with?

"He asked me to take care of the paperwork and he would duly sign it," Baden-Clay Sr said.

He said he filled in a claim for his son, who signed the forms which were sent to the insurance company.

I immediately telephoned my son and said it's probably time that you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?

"He said 'yes please'."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ther-helped-accused-file-life-insurance-claim

He said there was a vacuum in the boot of a Holden Commodore sedan.

He said he tested the vacuum and obtained a weak TMB reaction, but put it down to rust.

He said he received a negative reaction after testing for blood on the brush.

Sen-Constable Streeting said he could also perform a confirmatory test to determine whether a blood sample was human or from an animal.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/1/fi11757133.htm

Thanks Amee :)

All so convenient that GBC doesn't know what CIB is or crime scene but thinks a lawyer would be a good idea.

There was the hair that was found in the Captiva. Not long after that we heard there was to be further testing on it however that's the last we've heard about it.

Neither did we hear any further about the vacuum cleaner...or the leaves found in the different areas of the Captiva.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier but..I am wondering about the Captiva, the position it was parked and the lay of the land. If it was indeed reversed parked to 1/ enable loading a body from the rear of the house without detection and 2/ to be able to roll the car (roll start, without starting the engine) down the driveway and further down the road to avoid alerting neighbors or those inside the house. To me it looks like the house is positioned on a uphill driveway. Can anyone confirm this and how far away from the house could the car roll before roll starting the engine? TY

You would think that after 2+ years on this site that I would have learnt how to link one of previous comments. This is what I wrote at 6.20pm last night.

"Catching up on the day. It was always my understanding that Allison's car was reversed in that night; however in court last Wednesday GBC said Allison never reversed it in as she said it was easier for her and the girls to get in/out when the vehicle was parked nose in. GBC said it was only he who reversed in."

For any of our newer members....this is the link to the entire forum for Allison.

It contains all the general discussion threads from the day she went "missing" as well as our Timeline thread plus all the bail hearing/committal hearing and trial threads.

There are also threads which contain photos from bail hearing/trial along with photos from our locals

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?494-Allison-Baden-Clay-of-Australia

yep. Daddy took care of the insurance papers, Daddy also took care of the Lawyers what else did Daddy help with?

"He asked me to take care of the paperwork and he would duly sign it," Baden-Clay Sr said.

He said he filled in a claim for his son, who signed the forms which were sent to the insurance company.

I immediately telephoned my son and said it's probably time that you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?

"He said 'yes please'."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ther-helped-accused-file-life-insurance-claim

Yes Amee and if I might add that the guardian doesn't have the phone records (like we do) to show that it was GBC whom made the calls to the solicitor's office in Toowoomba and then to the Gold Coast. It wasn't daddy who took care of business. That was all leverage evidence by NBC in the witness box IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa