GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn't fit for me in regard to the walk and the phone, are the pants Allison was wearing when found.

No pockets - So she was going to carry that phone the entire walk?
I don't think so. (JMO:))

Not necessarily. I walk most mornings and I wear legging crop top - no room for phone and no pockets. I like to have it in my hand to check things on the screen or change music. Plus for the security I like to be able to speed dial in case of emergency (you know......all those muggers getting fit at 7am...)

Suicide theory
Allison would not have taken or hidden her pj's.

Random stranger theory
Why no pj's in the bedroom/house.

Yes Allison taking her phone on an early morning walk sounds reasonable.
But, seriously how many walkers take or hide the pj's.

Assuming the pj's have not been located as they were not produced as evidence.

Goes a long way to dismissing the above theories and draws the attention smack bang to GBC and his crap about how he knew what Allison was wearing even though he was snoring loudly.
IMO

I agree! Where are the pj's? They must have been in the house somewhere and if they weren't found why wasn't a bigger deal made about this in court??? If she slept there and changed into walking clothes they would have to be there!

OT. I need help guys. I can't figure put for the life of me how to find my old comments in threads in this new system... I can't even find how to find help in the new system lol. HELPPPPPPP!!!! :)

Thanks mods. Found help link ;)

It's something to do with old dogs and new tricks.

We're all holding hands through this change and GBC's trial.

It is truly beautiful. The thought of giving a copy to each of the girls is a lovely idea. Hoping it will give them strength and courage. Thanks Odd!

Supersmartstonecoldfox
I just love that new word. Say it out loud. It makes you feel good.

And, ......Supersmartstonecoldfox Fuller is up against Cunningconnivingcraftycowardboldfacedliar.

No I just like the original; supersmartstonecoldfox. Gives me a big confidence boost, and a wry smile. Reminds me just who is in charge. Supersmartstonecoldfox is calling the shots, thank-you.

I'm getting the impression that many of the womenfolk here (and some men?) believe that Fuller QC puts the "cute" in "prosecute"...:blushing:

Lol. You are so correct. :loveyou:
To MadDoc
Meant to quote you lol

And for 2 years your walk has never been the same :banghead:
I can imagine that this has had a huge impact on your life . Bless you sweetie x

In the early days of the search (and subsequently) many, many walkers in the Brookfield area stated they had never come across Allison walking - ever! Brookfield is a small community - like a country town. I live nearby, and walk most mornings, or evenings. I know, by sight, all the regular walkers. There was always something suss about the tale of Allison being out walking.:gaah:

I agree! Where are the pj's? They must have been in the house somewhere and if they weren't found why wasn't a bigger deal made about this in court??? If she slept there and changed into walking clothes they would have to be there!

Has it been said/ confirmed that she wore pyjamas?...and has anyone confirmed they were actually missing ( just that I am casual/slack and will sleep in my gym gear ready for my walk/run the next morning..could Alison have done this too?)

I'm sorry to post a newbie question that must be annoying to the WS veterans. I'm hoping since there is no court action it won't be too much of a distraction. So I am thinking about the lack of evidence in the car linked to Allison apart from the blood stain. Surely a hair or two? (Although I think by this stage her jumper is already over her head :() But then I was thinking about NBC and the vacuum cleaner. And I don't even know where to start looking if/where this was addressed or not....

Most likely debris in the driver's foot well from driving Allison's body to Kholo Creek was vacuumed. However, given Allison only drove that car, GBC realized that his prints & DNA might be found in it, so he drove that car again to look for Allison that morning. Anticipating Police involvement, this would cover the warm engine and cover his DNA and fingerprints being found in the car. This was calculating. My opinion only.

In the early days of the search (and subsequently) many, many walkers in the Brookfield area stated they had never come across Allison walking - ever! Brookfield is a small community - like a country town. I live nearby, and walk most mornings, or evenings. I know, by sight, all the regular walkers. There was always something suss about the tale of Allison being out walking.:gaah:

More suss with the "route" she took out past the rest home with little or no footpaths.

Also as you said I lived very close to her and walked alot and never saw her.

Has it been said/ confirmed that she wore pyjamas?...and has anyone confirmed they were actually missing ( just that I am casual/slack and will sleep in my gym gear ready for my walk/run the next morning..could Alison have done this too?)

Also she may have slept in what you say or just underwear and a tshirt?

yep. Daddy took care of the insurance papers, Daddy also took care of the Lawyers what else did Daddy help with?

"He asked me to take care of the paperwork and he would duly sign it," Baden-Clay Sr said.

He said he filled in a claim for his son, who signed the forms which were sent to the insurance company.

I immediately telephoned my son and said it's probably time that you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?

"He said 'yes please'."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ther-helped-accused-file-life-insurance-claim

Surely an insurance company wouldn't have strict 'you must contact us within one week or insurance is null and void'. Who wants to think of insurance when there is a death??
Even an insurance broker wouldn't push the grieving family.

Ooops I forgot who we're talking about. :slap: GBC. => :jail:

His answer to the PJ's question was quite subtle um how can I say, quite "off"?
"The PJ's were not in the picture!"

Uh, yes, that is true, they are um, ....missing.
Did he just notice this (gulp!)? Is that no pyjamas, or no evidence, or does no pyjamas mean evidence of some sort?

IMHO the suicide scenario is just as implausible. My line of thought is if you're clutching at straws, why just clutch at one? Even GBC said in his testimony on the stand there are 'innumerate' possibilities as to what happened. Maybe the defence thinks it would dilute their case to present more than one theory, or perhaps they thought it gave them more shades of grey to play with. Or perhaps the clan liked the suicide theory the best as it allowed them to trash-talk Allison.

I thought the defence would really latch onto the 'no cause of death found' and base their defence on it. I know all they need to do is cast reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case but in my mind, opening up as many possible scenarios as they could come up with would've worked better.

I agree Mumma Beat, I bet the BC clan really pushed for the suicide theory. Probably should've come up with that one before G talked to the cops.

I seem to recall that at Allison's funeral, one of her family members delivering the eulogy (brother? sister?) made a point of saying that Allison hated to exercise. At that point in the investigation there was a lot of emphasis placed on the "walking" story, so I thought it was rather pointed.

I'm sorry to post a newbie question that must be annoying to the WS veterans. I'm hoping since there is no court action it won't be too much of a distraction. So I am thinking about the lack of evidence in the car linked to Allison apart from the blood stain. Surely a hair or two? (Although I think by this stage her jumper is already over her head :() But then I was thinking about NBC and the vacuum cleaner. And I don't even know where to start looking if/where this was addressed or not....

Hi Fly - if you search my posts I've written lots on the hair (yes there was one - caught in the blood in the car). Both that and the missing pyjamas have been badly under-utilised by the prosecution IMHO. Having said that, yes, that Fuller is mighty fine :blushing:

His answer to the PJ's question was quite subtle um how can I say, quite "off"?
"The PJ's were not in the picture!"

Uh, yes, that is true, they are um, ....missing.
Did he just notice this (gulp!)? Is that no pyjamas, or no evidence, or does no pyjamas mean evidence of some sort?[/QU

Sort of OT, but while Mr. Supersmartstonecoldfox was giving GBC the third degree, I was reminded of TS Eliot's Prufrock (another pathetic little man, albeit in quite a different way to GBC).

And I have known the eyes already, known them all
The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase,
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?

- T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Except the eyes are fixing GBC with a single word. Begins with the letter G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosegold45