GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get over this statement made by LH:

"Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish."

Personally, those words right there removed any and all doubt in my mind that this was premeditated and LH was involved. What mother says this? What mother wouldn't do anything in the universe (including trading places) to have their child back?! Defies all logic. IMO LH managed to somehow convince herself that baby Cooper would be better off dead and went along with the plan to accomplish that. The whole thing is just too sick for words.

WHY is this woman not in jail where she belongs? I can only have patience and wait on LE to get their ducks in a row and put this woman in a lovely orange jumpsuit alongside her dear hubby.

Yes, he did. But if it was his murder plan it would have looked better for him if Cooper was in a FF seat directly behind him.

Third time I said it. Don't know how to make it clearer.

How would it have made him look "better" to have the child in the forward facing infant seat? How does one "forget" a child with his face visible whenever you look in the rear view mirror or turn your head in the two minute drive to the office?

All that matters is that Harris concluded that it "looked better" for him if he had the seat rear-facing and the baby not in it when cops arrived.

JMO

The straps being to low would not protect Cooper if in an accident...... Makes me wonder if maybe he/they had other ideas of killing Cooper like in a car accident. That car accident he thought might happen so much that it caused him to kiss Cooper each time they got in the car.

http://youtu.be/Q8gU9zzCGA8

Rear facing car seats save many lives and prevent many head and spinal cord injuries. Just take a look at this video. It has a lot of good quotes from major studies/sources but at least fast forward to the crash testing and see the difference, I'd take car sickness over a spinal cord injury any day. I would just hate for less people to want to use rear facing seats from this story. Get a mirror and secure it over the child so you can see them while rear facing or leave your purse or phone in the backseat so you will never forget them back there. But never exchange forward facing seats for rear facing just to see your child!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the car seat is not suitable for the child's weight, height and age and the straps aren't adjusted properly, the direction the seat faces isn't relevant. The seat must be suitable and sadly, in this case, it was not.

JMO

Visualizing RH running through that sprinkler is a bit too much for me, so I'm thinking that was about his son.

I'm thinking that it's about his grass, it's a lawn sprinkler. jmo

The straps being to low would not protect Cooper if in an accident...... Makes me wonder if maybe he/they had other ideas of killing Cooper like in a car accident. That car accident he thought might happen so much that it caused him to kiss Cooper each time they got in the car.

We can go only by actions shown to be true: the straps were too small, i.e., he never bothered to adjust them. I would take anything said by Cooper's parents as a self-serving statement designed to promote themselves as caring parents. In this case, imo, actions are speaking louder than words.

JMO

No. I think he said that the head was visible.. i don't remember anything about inches.. And even if he could see a few inches of head that does not mean that it would mean the baby's head was inches above the seat, Just that that much could be seen. Infant seats are much more reclined than rear facing convertibles.
So he would have been able to see him there.

Torso's grow at different rates as go legs. So it would be normal for a child to fit by torso but not over all length.

I'm thinking that it's about his grass, it's a lawn sprinkler. jmo

They had to water their own lawn?

Anyways, the point is there are enough horrible things about this guy to talk about. A barely used pinterest account is the least of his worries. I wonder what percentage of dads have even have a pinterest account, lol.

I would think since he backed into a parking spot, that having the rear faced seat insured no one would notice him. The back windows were tinted, so it would be easier to see from the front. If it had been forward facing, and in the middle of the back seat, then I would think someone walking by the car would have seen Cooper. I'm surprised no one heard him early on - Ross took a big chance on that.

No. I think he said that the head was visible.. i don't remember anything about inches.. And even if he could see a few inches of head that does not mean that it would mean the baby's head was inches above the seat, Just that that much could be seen. Infant seats are much more reclined than rear facing convertibles.
So he would have been able to see him there.

Torso's grow at different rates as go legs. So it would be normal for a child to fit by torso but not over all length.

I do remember Stoddard saying "inches". I'll see if I can find it in the testimony.

I am wondering, why did he call his friends to say he would be late? What would be the "motive" for that call?

My theory is called to say he will be late ( I think he will say......I intended to stop for pizza before the movie. ) Not sure if he intended to do it there or some other fast food place. That would explain why he was going in a different direction then the movie.

Maybe the movie theater was problematic for the reveal.

Here are the specs on your convertible carseat:

Fashion: Remington
Rear-facing Weight Range: 5-35 lbs
Rear-facing Height Range: Up to 32"
Forward-facing Weight Range: 22-50 lbs
Forward-facing Height Range: 34"-45"
Booster Weight Range: 40-100 lbs
Booster Height Range: 43"-52"
Side Impact Protection: Yes
Center Front Adjust Harness: Yes
LATCH Equipped: Yes

Cooper was not in a convertible carseat. He was in an infant, rearfacing carseat with a base. The specs on a Chicco Keyfit 30:

Weight 4 to 22 lbs
Height 30 inches or less

As you can see a convertible carseat and ab infant rearfacing carseat are very different products. You can look this information up yourself on the companies websites.

A key fit 30 has a weight limit of 30 lbs not 22.

Cobb County prosecutors have not said whether they were investigating Leanna Harris' culpability, saying only that "much work remains."

However, prosecutors could force her to testify against her husband, since Georgia doesn't have a spousal shield law in child death cases.

"She needs to make a deal before the state finds more evidence against her," Panitch told the newspaper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-georgia-hotcar-dad-raises-suspicions-article-1.1857250

I think this is the direction the state is headed: the only reason for both parents to do research on deaths in hot cars is if one of them had left the child in the car previously.

"Knowledge of a crime isn't prosecutable. A cover-up is," Panitch added.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...es-suspicions-article-1.1857250#ixzz36oxkAqeO

I would think since he backed into a parking spot, that having the rear faced seat insured no one would notice him. The back windows were tinted, so it would be easier to see from the front. If it had been forward facing, and in the middle of the back seat, then I would think someone walking by the car would have seen Cooper. I'm surprised no one heard him early on - Ross took a big chance on that.

I bet everyone had arrived at work by the time he parked. I doubt a 9:30 start time was regular working hours there.

They had to water their own lawn?

Anyways, the point is there are enough horrible things about this guy to talk about. A barely used pinterest account is the least of his worries. I wonder what percentage of dads have even have a pinterest account, lol.

My husband refuses to have a FB account.

But he has no problem using mine to stalk people :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member