The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
His body language stands out....

Copied text from Constable Ash's statement...

19. While Constable HAMMOND had a conversation with Gerard, I observed Gerard's body language when answering questions. I noticed that when Gerard was asked questions about himself he would hold his head up straight and make direct eye contact and when asked questions about his wife Allison he would look down at the floor or table and fidget with his hands. Gerard appeared very confident about him self but agitated when having to answer questions about Allison.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048143&postcount=12

The note taking was odd because as his QC Mr Byrne pointed out on closing, this is the last time you will be hearing from me. So it isn't like he can now give his counsel any additions to what they have already said in court.

I was in the Banco overflow room so I could only see him on the video. Pretty much sitting there looking straight ahead but he took A LOT of notes today, especially when crime scene photos were shown.

:tyou:

The pole outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre

I was thinking that. Also

brookfield
walking
wanting to add "baden" to my name
find my friends apps
the name bruce
mount crosby road

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Fuller says Allison was not affected by drugs, didn't drown, didn't fall. He says she did not die from natural causes. #badenclay

Fuller says she was dumped at Kholo Creek after she was dead. This means someone has killed her. #badenclay

Fuller says was she strangled or smothered? She wasn't shot or stabbed. #badenclay

Fuller says her killing was efficient and effective. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Fuller says we turn now to who did it. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard was doing business as usual that night. He sent out group work texts. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard claims he got up after 6am and found she was missing. #badenclay

including the children, in the house that night. #badenclay

Sooo clever of him to slip that one in somehow.

Just briefly - one of my favourite moments in court this morning was when Mr Fuller pointed out what Allison and GBC had told Carmel Ritchie about themselves. Allison said "I am a wife and mother", whereas GBC told her "I'm the president of the Chamber of Commerce, I'm on the school P & C, & I'm principal of my real estate business." Todd Fuller is doing a great job.

Inspired by the excellent website **** My Kids Ruined, I give you:

**** GBC Has Forever Ruined For Me. Not exhaustive, * indicating my previous attachment to same, *** being the highest.

McDonalds **
Several makes of vehicle *
Personalised number plates N/A
The film Top Gun **
iPhones ***
The word gorgeous *** (I call my daughter Gorgeous Girl )
The word manifest **
Palace Barracks ***
The colour mustard *
Real estate agents *
A certain pie franchise **
Toblerone ***
Overseas vacays ***
Office romances **
Boxer shorts *

Anyone else?

Being worth more $ dead than being alive
Coffee at Mt Cootha

A life's supply of Soap-on-a-Rope

"How much of the sordid details do you want?"

Rob Peter to pay Paul, but sometimes Paul didn't get paid either.

Back seat of car - how 'teenagerish' is that?

Met under the Eiffel Tower - no, not the real one - one that is as fake as he is

Keeping up appearances - oh, except when Allison wanted to see him, he took her to McDonalds car park!

You've not lost your thanks button folks....it's now over on the right :)

Yeah you just had to!! LOL

Couldn't resist : )
Thought about leaving it for Unfolding but yeah I wanted to be able to write "it" one more time. Lol

Adding - mustard jacket wearing,bicycle riding, trailer following fool riding around and around a roundabout.

Just briefly - one of my favourite moments in court this morning was when Mr Fuller pointed out what Allison and GBC had told Carmel Ritchie about themselves. Allison said "I am a wife and mother", whereas GBC told her "I'm the president of the Chamber of Commerce, on the school P & C, & principal of my real estate business." Todd Fuller is doing a great job.

Oh Snails, that is just so typical of him. Allison RIP

The note taking was odd because as his QC Mr Byrne pointed out on closing, this is the last time you will be hearing from me. So it isn't like he can now give his counsel any additions to what they have already said in court.

Maybe he thinks the DT can cross-examine the closing statements....LOL

After all, he had no idea what a crime scene was nor CID/CIB

I was thinking the man was stupid.....after Fuller's summary I am not sure......A lot of killers are smart.....intelligent........I am thinking he has been quite cunning and smart in his attempt to cover his tracks - he has chosen a murder "weapon" and place to hide the body and delay discovery of the body so that MEANS has also been disguised.

His downfalls have been:
1. His mouth
2. His acting ability - including the inability to cover up his true feeling towards his wife
3. His Baden Clay Walton family
4. His acting ability - overacting at times
5. His seeming lack of intelligence
6. His acting ability - crying on the stand one minute when asked questions by defence and snarky when Prosecution got to him....he could not hide it.....

Not too intelligent really......

Medical certificate for a shaving cut
solicitors meeting at a petrol station
Would you like a cup of tea?

I know! He's probably doing a performance assessment on Fuller because he's happy to share his knowledge of everything.

Morning peeps! Finally caught up! God bless Mr Fuller!!! He's doing an awesome job!!!! Feeling a bit more confident now!!!!!!!

Me too - I think the jury will hold onto this compelling address - highlighting the evidence that really matters, IN CONTEXT, and anything said after that won't matter - they will return to this because it is crystallising it for them. I believe he will be found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500