The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing that a triangulation method is used.

They are communicating with different things to triangulate.

The police are using cell towers the app isn't.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea... But I do know the app can be amazingly accurate. My daughter recently lost her phone on a night out in Brisbane and we went into the city the following morning and the app showed the phone on a path near a park and that's exactly where my husband found it!

Have been following websleuths very closely for a couple of years now and want to say thank you for your great insights. I have been to court religiously the last couple of weeks (have taken on another full-time role). I have never been so completely entranced in a case before. I have met some lovely people in the court who travel from Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Bribie Island etc. Dedicated followers of this case to see that justice prevails. Think Todd Fuller is absolutely amazing!! Today he made me feel so much more angered, agitated and completely sick to the stomach on what this grub has done this to ABC. Her journal entries today had tears rolling down my face and I even noticed Judge Byrne take his glasses off (as I was bawling) and wipe his eyes....similar to what Gerbil had done on and off the stand ( I wonder if he was indirectly saying something). Sat directly behind Gerry some days and felt my heart jumping out of my chest as this low life was so arrogant. I am now finding myself becoming obsessed with what his new life in jail will be like?? Does anyone know? I hope it's dark, lifeless, very very cold and lonely....like he made ABC feel.

Welcome Webb!!

:welcome6:

Thanks for the feedback about court today. Good to know it was emotionally moving. That says the truth has been spoken!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrissyLass View Post
I don't think he was ever going to leave Allison for Toni, he was also not about to finish things with Toni at that time, maybe later when he found someone new perhaps, but only when he wanted to finish the affair....the "I will be separated by July 1" was just blah blah blah BS from him, it kept Toni quiet for a bit longer, but this man wanted it all didn't he, the whole damn lot, family, lover(s), community standing, etc, the only problem was his wife didn't want a bar of all that, and something happened that night to make everything come crashing down in Ger's world, there was a trigger and we may never know exactly what the trigger was but there was one and Allison died
I've wondered this too. But he blabbed on to someone about needing a bigger car to fit the blended family so he must have imagined it might happen. The email about rental properties from Toni seems to say they at least talked about this as the future.

I think he had all intentions of staying with Toni - as long as Toni didn't run out of money.
As long as he kept saying 'I love you' to her - the more chance he had of getting his hands on money.
She was his last line of credit.
I think its just another thing that says 'its all about the Money'.

I have no idea... But I do know the app can be amazingly accurate. My daughter recently lost her phone on a night out in Brisbane and we went into the city the following morning and the app showed the phone on a path near a park and that's exactly where my husband found it!

Very useful then :)

Well the mood around here is a little different to this time yesterday. Ye of little faith some people! I knew today would be very different and it was amazing.

What do we think is left for spunky Todd to cover tomorrow? Thought we could make a bit of a list. I don't mean roundabouts, I mean stuff that has been presented as evidence.

He could elaborate on GBCs odd behaviour on the morning. Eg calling police and "being alarmist" unusually quickly. The early call to police was suspicious.

I agree that Fuller put on a consumate performance today and was very logical with his arguments. And thanks for the constact updates during the day. I am interested in the Judges summing up for the jury. My niggling doubt about reasonable doubt is subsiding but is still there. The main concern is how Alison was murdered. All the evidence seems to point she was smothered, probably in her bed. But I don't believe the air conditioners were on in April or that sound is hard to hear in a weatherboard house. Baby monitors can pick up when a baby is just starting to wake etc. but would GBC really risk the likely screams if he tried to smother Alison with all 3 daughters in the house? That is my dilemma.
I also find him a very, very unsavoury character (quite a <modsnip> in fact) but the history of the 19th has GBC an involved father. He went to the girls cross country and to a parent teacher interview and attended a BBQ with them that day at his parents. One of the daughters described seeing him in pyjamas and shoes and said he was going to do the ironing. It appears that she did not think it was unusual that he was going to do the ironing. And I don't think it was disputed he made the lunches before sending the girls to school on the 20th. It does not ring 100% true in the middle of all this he murdered their mother and that the murder was pre-meditated.

And I also believe GBC is his own worst enemy. If he had not lied and embellished his history, some of his evidence may have given a better impression.
Thanks, Happygolucky, just in regard to the A/C, having lived in a weatherboard house in Brookfield at the time, with window box air conditioners, it gets very cold and we always put them onto heat at that time of the year. The noise from them in your bedroom is very loud, and takes quite a while to get used to. Unlike central heating A/C. Also, we had a mix of tiling and carpet and both my self and my husband always had socks or runners on throughout winter, even when the A/C was on heat. Hope this helps.

I am so happy today. Everything that the defence said clicked with my belief about that night. The baby monitor was news to me, and the aircon. Was astounded that Bruce Overland emailed GG from the counselling rooms. That made my stomach turn a bit. I hope our sleuthers from the last few years feel the same as I do, if you can read this.
We are nearly there :countsheep:

Poss I don't think Fuller was inferring Bruce (GBC) emailed TM whilst they were at the relationship counsellor Carmel Ritchie's rooms. I think it was more a sarcastic comment based on his belief Allison was doing all in her power to save her marriage and was of the belief GBC was also, but the truth was GBC was still in contact with TM via the Bruce email method behind Allisons back.

I read it the same as poss. I read between the lines that he said with sarcasm. I'll try to find it.

Wow. That was passionate closing from Mr Fuller today. He really has deep insight into what Allison was about. Thanks to all the twitterers, you did a brilliant job. Thanks to those who were in attendance at court today for your accounts of the atmosphere, it puts everything in context.

The authors of 'iPhones for Dummies' could never have known how bang on they were with that. A giant mess, the making of a half-smart man, being slowly but surely pieced back together by a truly gifted one.

Just an overwhelming need to post...after reading Marleywings tribute and sunflower picture to QC Fuller..couldn't get the quote post function to work, but that is I immaterial...
My point is, just felt thus amazing surge of energy from beautiful Allison as I saw this post of thanks from Marley.. I truly believe her Spirit is guiding this crown summation....I just had an overwhelming feeling of her thanks, guidance and affirmation for QC a Fuller. Can't explain , but just need to share this certainty xx

Milisi I know exactly what you are saying and feeling!

YES and as a mathematician I can tell you that the programming for the find my phone app is BASED on triangulation.

That is the mathematics behind the PC MAG article you googled.

The PC MAG article is not going to go in the Mathematics of what triangulation is. Pinging off of towers IS finding a point based on angles and it can use GPS as well. By the find my phone app uses the mathematics of angles and pinging angles off of towers to locate a point to find exact location AFTER using GPS to find your region.

In layman's terms - it uses BOTH methods but the term triangulation was queried - that's all. :)

I'm sorry as it appears I have offended you.

I did google the article, as I have been pulled up before for stating facts without providing a link.

Have been following websleuths very closely for a couple of years now and want to say thank you for your great insights. I have been to court religiously the last couple of weeks (have taken on another full-time role). I have never been so completely entranced in a case before. I have met some lovely people in the court who travel from Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Bribie Island etc. Dedicated followers of this case to see that justice prevails. Think Todd Fuller is absolutely amazing!! Today Fuller succeeded in making me feel so much more angered, agitated and completely sick to the stomach on what this grub has done this to ABC. Listening to him go through her intimate journal entries I had tears rolling down my face and I even noticed Judge Byrne take his glasses off (as I was bawling) and wipe his eyes....similar to what Gerbil had done on and off the stand ( I wonder if he was indirectly saying something). Sat directly behind Gerry some days and felt my heart jumping out of my chest as this low life was so arrogant. I am now finding myself becoming obsessed with what his new life in jail will be like?? Does anyone know? I hope it's dark, lifeless, very very cold and lonely....like he made ABC feel.

Hi & welcome to Websleuths Webb...nice to have you on board :)

This is where GBC has been residing for the last two years. Whether he stays at this prison remains to be seen...

Inside the prison where accused wife-killer Gerard Baden-Clay will be held for up to three years

June 24, 2012

THIS is where accused wife-murderer Gerard Baden-Clay will live, possibly for up to three years, as the high-profile case goes through the legal process.

A toilet connected to a sink, a single bed, a mirror, TV, shelf and desk make up a 3m x 4m cell where prisoners spend 12 hours a day inside the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.

A small window overlooks the nondescript, high-security, prison grounds. Locked prison blocks remain under constant surveillance; thick, secure, doors slam loudly; guards walk freely through long, caged walkways; inmates workout with whatever they can find, pumping chairs like dumbbells.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-e6freon6-1226406390099?from=public_rss

I think that Mr Fuller is messing with GerReds head. The subtle mentioning of the pj's and the phone. These are probably things that only the killer would know about. I'll bet that more references will be made tomorrow that mean nothing to us but a mighty lot to GerRed.

I'm leaning more towards not premeditated. I think perhaps he snapped and thought he'd give it a go and was surprised how quickly Allison died. He wasn't prepared. I think he possibly started smothering her and thought if it was too noisy and likely to wake the girls he would stop. It all happened so fast though.

How do you stop something like that after you've started though, would you not be thinking they'd run away, call a relative or the police? Better finish the job?

He could elaborate on GBCs odd behaviour on the morning. Eg calling police and "being alarmist" unusually quickly. The early call to police was suspicious.

We may never find out - but I would so like to know what brought police to the home so quickly that morning. Realistically, would calling police to say your partner was half an hour or so late returning from a walk bring them to the home almost immediately? No, I wouldn't think so. I know this has been discussed at length - and is hardly relevant at this point - BUT the question of what brought the police there so quickly is one that keeps coming back to me.

Toddy boy... * smooch to other cheek (from LB1) (Trooper got first smooch) heh heh!

Toddy boy... * supersmartstonecoldfox
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ultra perceptive talents.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ability to see things in their raw state.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Is henceforth from this day onwards, held in highest esteem by all normal Australians, and all websleuthers. Held in high esteem by people world wide.
Todd Fuller (aka supersmartstonecoldfox), shall henceforth go into the Annals of Australian history as one of the best!
Fuller QC faced a slippery crooked conniving cheating con-artist criminal adversary; and Fuller never once flinched. He faced him head on and he was not persuaded by extravagant tales of fancy or any red herrings, or travel extravaganza tales, or supposed references according to genealogical inferences.
No. Fuller cut through all the crap with his eyes firmly fixed upon the goal.
Fuller stuck to the subject, murder most foul.
Mr Todd Fuller, Sir, you have my utmost admiration. Thank you.

I'm not going to post anything here in case I get in trouble for inappropriate sleuthing...

But it is very easy to find contact details of various lawyers if you just do a quick google search e.g. Todd Fuller Barrister.
I wonder what would happen if the fan club/ cheer squad/ crowd of screaming hormonal groupies (just kidding, don't flame me!!) inundated Mr Fuller QC with heartfelt expressions of appreciation and other fan mail.

After the verdict, of course.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I think it's r for referee - spraying the penalty line in the World Cup, and then they've added a cute bit to the end :)

But I'm sure we're free to add our own interpretation.

I don't think Todd has mentioned that Allison was a couple of days before the 19 th trying to reduce her life insurance. This can go on the list I am making.
Also maybe the pyjamas, I don't think he said today they were not found or has he?
He suggested that what she was found in could have been what she was wearing that night. Because one if the girls mentioned seeing her in a jumper and pajama pants (which can be anything you wear to bed and not specifically true pj pants I guess) and she was found in a jumper. Todd said what she was found in wasn't her normal walking outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500