The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge says pathologist found a chip on Allison's tooth that could not be aged. No sign of sexual assault. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s

Judge says pathologist found no evidence of bruises, scratches from body being moved by water. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Jumper around Allison's head could have been moved there before or after death - Justice Byrne

Do you think he pulled it up so he didn't have to see her face ?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s
A chipped tooth, but could not be aged - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Judge says pathologist found higher than normal levels of sertraline but decomposition could cause that. #badenclay

Judge says evidence of things the deceased has said can be unreliable. Most of it is secondhand. #badenclay

But I would have thought that things the deceased put down in writing would be more reliable.

Is anyone left with any reasonable doubt that he killed her, based on the evidence presented in Court?

After listening to Mr Fullers summing up of the evidence "and putting all the pieces together" I have no doubt that GBC is guilty

The deceased did not die of natural causes - Justice Byrne

Pathologist found alcohol or Sertraline unlikely cause of death - Justice Byrne

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Byrne: Dr Milne considers alcohol and/or sertraline toxicity is an unlikely cause of death, but because of decomposition.. 1/2

Byrne:... cannot altogether exclude such a possibility. 2/2

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Judge says pathologist found higher than normal levels of sertraline but decomposition could cause that. #badenclay
Did I misunderstand that? I thought the sertraline was at the higher end of normal but still at a therapeutic level.

Byrne: Dr Milne's view that soon after death, body was deposited where it was found under bridge is supported by other evidence.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Byrne going through Dr Milne's evidence. He found she didn't die of natural causes. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Random thought - if A took his phone each night and gave back in the morning, why did he have a charger next to his side of the bed? Would defeat the purpose of taking his phone wouldn't it?

GBC said that he gave his phone to Allison every night.....we really don't know if he actually did give his phone over to Allison, I highly doubt it considering how reliable GBC's word is

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Judge says pathologist expected significant injuries like fractures if Allison had fallen from the bridge. #badenclay

Judge says if she fell and landed in water, could have resulted in no injuries. #badenclay

Judge says pathologist found no evidence of drowning but it could not be ruled out. #badenclay

Judge is summarising the evidence of the insect expert. #badenclay

Entomologist could not say if the body was submerged in water - Justice Byrne

Byrne refers to evidence of engineer and insect expert.

The deceased did not die of natural causes - Justice Byrne

Pathologist found alcohol or Sertraline unlikely cause of death - Justice Byrne

Byrne: Dr Milne considers alcohol and/or sertraline toxicity is an unlikely cause of death, but because of decomposition.. 1/2

Byrne:... cannot altogether exclude such a possibility. 2/2
There is the reasonable doubt! It's possible but not probable.

That's interesting.... Can they listen to recordings again while deliberating?

When being on a jury, we asked to re-listen to audio recordings as there were conflicting thoughts on tone of voice and where accents were used in sentences. Everybody including the judge left the courtroom, allowing us, the jury, to take over the court equipment so we could playback at will.
Was quite a moment, with half the jurors lounging around the bar - (nobody went up and sat on the judges chair to listen, but I was tempted!)
I think it was at least 30 minutes before we let anyone back in there.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s
Expert didn't find any diatoms in body, expected if there had been drowning - Justice Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500