***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad for today verdict. I hope the Dickies can sleep just that little bit easier tonight after the guilty verdict. It has been an emotional day, but triumphant in terms of justice. I know though that Allisons family have a long road ahead and those girls will be needing all the love and support in the world as they continue to deal with all that has happened.

Time for bed for me...:eek:fftobed:

goodnight.

I didn't see it as a confession, rather GBC's barrister saying all the evidence shows is that even though there were scratches on the face of the accused, all the evidence did was shed some light on the “nature of the relations in the house that night”. The judge wasn't having a bar of it, saying that what the jury should be entitled to infer is that if these be her fingernail scratches, and she was engaged in a physical altercation with him, she does not survive."
“Why is it not in all the circumstances open to the jury to infer that she did not survive it because he proceeded intentionally to kill her?”

If he appeals which he surely will, it depends on the basis of the appeal as to whether it will continue to be held by the court until the appeal is resolved. But the basic principal is that under the terms of Allison's will, it passes to her children as he cannot benefit from her death as he unlawfully caused it. Mr Dickie will also be able to be appointed full administrator of her estate in lieu of his current interim appointment pending the outcome of the trial. So appeal stuff aside, all that nearly 1M will be held on trust by Mr Dickie until they each turn 18. It will be able to be used for their maintenance education and support until they turn 18. It is not available to any creditors even Allison's, as life insurance cannot be used to pay debts of a deceased person. It's considered a special category estate asset.

Exactly Poss. Thanks for that.

Great info Alioop. Thank you for your contributions to the threads. Appreciated.

From a (very) occasional poster on here, but one who has been following this case since the get-go (I live not too far away, in Riverhills), I am so glad that poor Allison has had justice delivered for her and her family at last. I really hope that her family and her daughters can somehow recover, and live the best lives that they possibly can. At least they'll have GBC and Bwana out of the picture...

Very interesting to finally have actual official confirmation about a possible accomplice (even if the evidence was too inconsistent for the court), especially after GBC's "interfering with a corpse" charge was dropped. I wonder who they might possibly be saving that for? No Bloody Clue ;-)

As for the AdultFriendFinder profile...oh Geez...I bet there's a few women out there now thanking their lucky stars that they didn't take up his offer :skip:

And quite possibly a few who wished they hadn't??:sick:

With all of his mental abusing of Allison I think her was trying to drive her to suicide. I think it had been part of his plan for years. She did not roll over. She was one strong lady. An inspiration really !

It can also be revealed that about five years ago job seeker Melissa Romano went to Baden-Clay for real estate work, when he was running an agency at Kenmore in Brisbane’s west.

In a police statement, Ms Romano says Baden-Clay turned her down for the role but said he had another job on offer – to kill his wife.

She told police she laughed at the time, but he insisted he was serious.

Detectives investigated but concluded it was likely a throwaway line and suspected Baden-Clay was trying to hit on the attractive job seeker.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ndfinder-profile/story-fnihsrf2-1226990284577

BTW.....to our awesome mods....I still cannot edit my posts.
Any ideas ? :gaah:

What fine upstanding members of society...........deplorable people!!!

Armed with that information, detectives arrived at Nigel and Elaine’s Kenmore home with warrant in hand. They were to hand over all “Apple products".

Elaine would later brag she gave them her fruit bowl and a smirk

The financial analysis showed Gerard’s parents had loaned him $58,000. They wouldn’t admit to any loan when police came calling and refused to provide a statement

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250035-***GUILTY***The-Verdict-Waiting-Room-3/page53

With all of his mental abusing of Allison I think her was trying to drive her to suicide. I think it had been part of his plan for years. She did not roll over. She was one strong lady. An inspiration really !
Yep that or for her to end it so he wasn't the bad guy and so he could milk it for all the sympathy he could, just as we saw in the trial "I looked after everything, she was depressed and how does she thank me? She divorces me!"

Gerard wasted no time. The woman found in the mud had not been formally identified when he put in a claim on his wife’s life insurance - worth nearly $1 million.

But there could be no payout without a death certificate. A second call was made. To the State Coroner’s office. He needed a death certificate. And put a rush on it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sp...e-was-identified/story-fnknbenb-1226967435717

I swiped and copied that bit too marly - He put a rush on it - like he needed a cheque cashed.
Wasn't there a conversation regarding 'how soon can I claim' to his father.
He was there with him at the office when they saw that a body had been found at Kholo Creek.
Knowing that he knew it was Allison gives so much weight to the response and reaction - straight to the insurance office to get the money.
Another red flag.

What fine upstanding members of society...........deplorable people!!!

Armed with that information, detectives arrived at Nigel and Elaine’s Kenmore home with warrant in hand. They were to hand over all “Apple products".

Elaine would later brag she gave them her fruit bowl and a smirk

The financial analysis showed Gerard’s parents had loaned him $58,000. They wouldn’t admit to any loan when police came calling and refused to provide a statement

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250035-***GUILTY***The-Verdict-Waiting-Room-3/page53

Today wiped that smirk off didn't it EBC? Disgusting behaviour in light of the reasons the police were there.

What an emotional day. Finally justice is served. Heart-breaking. Geoff you never failed as a father. Gerard failed as a husband and father. The Dickies are an amazing family. I'm devastated that the 3 girls no longer have their beautiful mother. I'm heartened that they will grow up surrounded by the Dickies and hopefully no B-Cs. As for TM, I have no words. Shame on you for making your sordid affair air on ACA. No class at all. No dignity. Think of your sons and the 3 girls. You were a port in a storm, and G couldn't even be faithful to you. Finally, thank you to all of the amazing WS minds I grew to know and love since A went missing in April 2012. I will never forget the support you all provided in a time of great sadness and dismay. I'm still shocked our collective views are now sensationalist news, but at least G is going away for a long time. Small comfort to the family who have lost Allison, and the 3 young angels who have lost their loving mother. RIP Allison xxxx

This post speaks for many of us I'm sure. Thanks Inspector.

Sadly the Dickies are in for much pressure from their own legal representatives and the BC's legal reps and Family Law appointed/selected psychologists to ensure they 'do the right thing by these three vulnerable girls' and damned well make certain these innocents visit regularly with GBC and the ones who raised him and supported him...

It's outta their hands.

This is Australia. This is how we treat our children with fathers like GBC who 'deserve' a relationship with a child and children who aren't old enough to speak their own mind and who's loving family are demonised as alienators and disenfranchisers for attempting to spare these children of this.

Who'll come a waltzing Matilda with me.............
Lets hope they are supervised visits only with their "other" grandparents

Sadly the Dickies are in for much pressure from their own legal representatives and the BC's legal reps and Family Law appointed/selected psychologists to ensure they 'do the right thing by these three vulnerable girls' and damned well make certain these innocents visit regularly with GBC and the ones who raised him and supported him...

It's outta their hands.

This is Australia. This is how we treat our children with fathers like GBC who 'deserve' a relationship with a child and children who aren't old enough to speak their own mind and who's loving family are demonised as alienators and disenfranchisers for attempting to spare these children of this.

Who'll come a waltzing Matilda with me.............

Straya -yeah! That's sad isn't it and wrong in my opinion. Wait until the girls can make the decision for themselves I say!

My understanding of it was that they were making a go of their relationship & work under her terms.

So far removed from the lethargic sofa lover the BC & friends painted her. She was looking to the future and one that the friends who thought enough of GBC to "invest" in his company wanted her as manager. Allison was on the way up & his days were numbered.

Heartbreakingly - his ego would not tolerate this.
Small man!
My tears are for Allison's girls, who lost their mother. ��
At least now you can grow without shadow ��

I want to "double-like" this post. Never a truer word spoken.. Thank you.
Some marriages are doomed, some partners behave awfully.. But I cannot forgive a third party that gets themselves involved in this misery, and lets not forget the facts. Not only did TM know GBC was married... This all went on for 3 years!
Not only was she was a callous and nasty person for deceiving Allison..but stupid and gullible. What woman will put up with being the secret mistress and having a quickie shag in a car?
Seriously?? Self respect? ..zero. I would be appalled to sink to that level of behavior. Its disgusting. If GBC really wanted to be with her, then he would have. Her tears in the interview left me cold. She isn't a child... For goodness sake, grow up TM. Life is not an episode of Bold and the Beautiful. And someone needs to slap her and remind her she also has children that have to cope with this appalling behavior.

My tolerance for this adolescent purile behaviour is zero. Grow up and think of the innocent children affected by your need for a shag in a car.
TM...It certainly wasn't Allison who needed therapy!
Rant over.

Oh, well said IMO.

I think Yahoo7 had the letter but they took it off, it will be on Sunday Night (I think it's called that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant