Who is GBC? An armchair psych discussion

I just had a closer look again at this first photo of him after he had been arrested.

images.jpg.

It shows so clearly that, even physically, he is two-faced. I know that no one's left and right side of the face are exactly identical, but in GBC's case the difference between his left and his right side are huge!

I've tried to photoshop the original photo to two photos, one made from his left side, one from his right. Unfortunately, the original photo wasn't 100 % frontal which results in one very fat and another very slim face, but I think the most important feature is the different facial expression:

Left side:
bc1.jpg

Right side:
bc2.jpg

Interesting, isn't it?

I just had a closer look again at this first photo of him after he had been arrested.

View attachment 54931.

It shows so clearly that, even physically, he is two-faced. I know that no one's left and right side of the face are exactly identical, but in GBC's case the difference between his left and his right side are huge!

I've tried to photoshop the original photo to two photos, one made from his left side, one from his right. Unfortunately, the original photo wasn't 100 % frontal which results in one very fat and another very slim face, but I think the most important feature is the different facial expression:

Left side:
View attachment 54935

Right side:
View attachment 54936

Interesting, isn't it?

Ok, that's just as creepy as all get out, *shiver* mask off/mask on.

View attachment 54931.

Left side:
View attachment 54935

Right side:
View attachment 54936

Interesting, isn't it?

I thought exactly the same and there on the front cover of todays Courier Mail was this photo www.couriermail.com.au
zu8a7a2y.jpg

Hi TGY

Can you please post re 'pregnant and vomiting re car'.

Someone once said to me - any man that says you should vomit out the window rather than him stopping for you to get out of the car and be sick - is not a man.

Did that happen to Allison when she was pregnant?

Personally I believe his family 'made' him the way he is. IMO they would and could not entertain the fact that anyone would question the BC name. He would have admitted in a way that laid the blame at Allisons feet, and they would have accepted it, because, again, nothing must besmirch the family name.

I agree with this. Gerard Baden-Clay and his parents have too many similar attitudes to be coincidence. I also believe they raised him with the ideas and the attitudes he has.

I am now wondering if Allison had been so phychologically abused that she may have had Stockholm sydnrome, or if she was battling the Baden-Clay attitude towards her and developing Stockholm syndrome.

I agree with this. Gerard Baden-Clay and his parents have too many similar attitudes to be coincidence. I also believe they raised him with the ideas and the attitudes he has.

I am now wondering if Allison had been so phychologically abused that she may have had Stockholm sydnrome, or if she was battling the Baden-Clay attitude towards her and developing Stockholm syndrome.

I don't doubt for a second that Allison was psychologically abused, which would have created trauma bonds - which then lead to SS.

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpre...r-abuser-stockholm-syndrome-and-trauma-bonds/

I really think there is denial and he believes he is really a good person/outstanding character and is not in the wrong just a victim of circumstances...

I really believe he should be in jail for the rest of his life so he can be punished properly, and also so other women can be protected from his schemes, but I doubt if Gerard will ever see himself as deserving of his sentence and regret what he has done to Allison, her family and friends. Remorse will not occur except in relation to himself and the miseries he has to endure. It will always, always be Allison's fault. She didn't deserve him, she drove him to extremes, she was 'holding him back' from realising his true ambitions etc etc. I am willing to bet till his dying day he will think himself wronged and misunderstood, and will always justify and rationalise his murder of her, his financial failings and his lies to everyone.

I hope the parole board are up to all his little tricks. They will have recorded the judge's scepticism and his ability to lie his way out of any situation.

It has always seemed weird to me that people like GBC who are narcissists and arrogant etc, are also extremely insecure. How do the two go hand in hand?

I really believe he should be in jail for the rest of his life so he can be punished properly, and also so other women can be protected from his schemes, but I doubt if Gerard will ever see himself as deserving of his sentence and regret what he has done to Allison, her family and friends. Remorse will not occur except in relation to himself and the miseries he has to endure. It will always, always be Allison's fault. She didn't deserve him, she drove him to extremes, she was 'holding him back' from realising his true ambitions etc etc. I am willing to bet till his dying day he will think himself wronged and misunderstood, and will always justify and rationalise his murder of her, his financial failings and his lies to everyone.

I hope the parole board are up to all his little tricks. They will have recorded the judge's scepticism and his ability to lie his way out of any situation.

It has always seemed weird to me that people like GBC who are narcissists and arrogant etc, are also extremely insecure. How do the two go hand in hand?

The narcissistic mask is the false self protecting the fragile ego. A child playing a pretend game. They are all actors playing a role in their life, they are disconnected from reality and view others as either bit players in the magnificent play that is their life, the other role others play are props - but to them 'we' are inanimate objects, we are like a toaster - great when we're working, and easily disposed of - because who bonds with a toaster ?

Can these personalities get treatment? How do we handle them?

I once started reading a book on how to love a narcissist. It seemed like it took a lot of time and energy to have a relationship with a person like this and quite honestly, I think I'd be afraid to try.

I once started reading a book on how to love a narcissist. It seemed like it took a lot of time and energy to have a relationship with a person like this and quite honestly, I think I'd be afraid to try.

From my understanding - no, there is no treatment. Some like Vankin are aware, and police themselves to avoid hurting others, but most never make the connection between their behaviour and the pain they inflict.

I personally can't see the point of having a relationship with one, as generally we are perceived of as nothing more than an appliance that they own.

View attachment 54931.

Left side:
View attachment 54935

Right side:
View attachment 54936

Interesting, isn't it?

In the original photo he is slightly side on, maybe that's the problem.

I've noticed OW & GBC have very very dark brown eyes, almost black dead eyes. Creepy.

http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

"Treatment and Prognosis

The common treatment for patients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is talk therapy (mainly psychodynamic psychotherapy or cognitive-behavioural treatment modalities). Talk therapy is used to modify the narcissist's antisocial, interpersonally exploitative, and dysfunctional behaviors, often with some success. Medication is prescribed to control and ameliorate attendant conditions such as mood disorders, or obsessive-compulsive disorders.

The prognosis for an adult suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is poor, though his adaptation to life and to others can improve with treatment."

In the original photo he is slightly side on, maybe that's the problem.

I've noticed OW & GBC have very very dark brown eyes, almost black dead eyes. Creepy.

Many survivors from relationships with his ilk talk about the 'dead eyes'.

View attachment 54931.

Left side:
View attachment 54935

Right side:
View attachment 54936

Interesting, isn't it?

That's fascinating, IBR. Thank you

I personally can't see the point of having a relationship with one, as generally we are perceived of as nothing more than an appliance that they own.
Well, for a relationship to work it must be two-sided, both sides must be able to give, and cherish the other and put the other's needs above their own. In people like Gerard's case, it must be just about impossible for him to see a relationship that way. His needs are the only ones that matter, and other people exist solely to support his needs. The toll that takes on the other person must be unimaginable. As you say Opinions, they are 'appliances' to be used and discarded. If you are a kind, loving, generous soul like Allison, you would lose all your sense of self, your self-respect, all the things that make you a vital, alive, functioning member of society. You become a non-person.

Maybe that's why he has had a string of mistresses, eventually the whole thing falls apart because it's not sustainable.

Can you imagine going through an empty house with THAT? Aghhhh run!
That photo is just outright bazaar. Nightmare stuff!
Might I say, um, just a little over the top.

Stopped me in my tracks when I clicked on Courier Mail online. Took several moments to grasp it's a composite. But still looks like a gruesome movie advertisement. Poor Allison. And poor children too

Hi TGY

Can you please post re 'pregnant and vomiting re car'.

Someone once said to me - any man that says you should vomit out the window rather than him stopping for you to get out of the car and be sick - is not a man.

Did that happen to Allison when she was pregnant?

OW said it while on the stand when she was taking great delight of belittling Allison about her depression. Remember she said Allison wet herself and OW had to stop because Allison needed to be sick? We all sleuthed it afterwards and in a paper last night it said Allison was pregnant with her second bub.
OMG OW & Nige are in the same category as GBC horrible creatures. Maybe Elaine didn't want to get on the stand just to lie and rip shreds off Allison's memory. Elaine hasn't the Baden-Mud name, maybe just maybe she could be ever so slightly better. Maybe?

I read somewhere that parents who don't make their children take responsibility for their own actions, and excuse their bad behavior, can create adults who constantly point the blame at others. Would this be the problem with GBC, rather than narcissism?

I read somewhere that parents who don't make their children take responsibility for their own actions, and excuse their bad behavior, can create adults who constantly point the blame at others. Would this be the problem with GBC, rather than narcissism?

Kimster, I like your post. Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting weary of all the narcissism talk. It's being blamed for everything these days. I prefer your common sense approach. Another contributing factor can be when a child is praised for doing nothing more elaborate or praiseworthy than breathing while walking. Sounds as if NBC was resentful that his cousins gained the Baden Powell surname whilst he did not. Then along came Nigelaine's blue-eyed first born. They remind me of stage-mothers, those women who want to live vicariously through their child - a child which is supposed to achieve everything the parent did not. So GBC would have been praised and doted upon, their great hope of somehow snatching a chunk of 'the legacy'. Except GBC wasn't up to the task. He's not particularly bright at all. He's precious and about as far from a big-game hunter's ideal son as it's possible to get, really. He's manipulative, spiteful, nasty, greedy, a born liar and a coward. What do some parents do when confronted by the ugly reality that their child doesn't live up to their expectations? They fake it until he makes it, very often, covering up and making excuses for that child, instead of -- as you say -- facing reality themselves and forcing their child to accept responsibility for his actions

imo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann