The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a theory on why the Granny-Pash occurred.

In the days following Allison's disappearance it emerged that Gerard had had affairs.

In the tradition of the apple not falling very far from the tree, perhaps the Baden-Clays felt the need to announce to the media (and therefore the world) that their marriage wasn't blighted by similar issues.

Kind of like 'there's no cheating husband in this union' flag waving.

I have a strong belief that kids tend to act out issues the parents manage to keep under wraps.

JMO

I just had a theory on why the Granny-Pash occurred.

In the days following Allison's disappearance it emerged that Gerard had had affairs.

In the tradition of the apple not falling very far from the tree, perhaps the Baden-Clays felt the need to announce to the media (and therefore the world) that their marriage wasn't blighted by similar issues.

Kind of like 'there's no cheating husband in this union' flag waving.

I have a strong belief that kids tend to act out issues the parents manage to keep under wraps.

JMO

I think Elaine's load would be heavy.

if there were two or more people involved in allisons death, what if someone else helped gbc finish off and then dispose of allison and gbc agreed to wear the blame because it was his mess and because the helper was elderly or frail health? you would be very distraught getting a life sentence and not be able to say anything because of family loyalty?
is this what o meant when she said the truth will come out,
or was she hoping the "truth"would be when allisons depression was exposed and found as the cause of death?

Thanks for sharing that experience :seeya:

And absolutely nature has a huge role in our looks, likes, preferences and basic personality traits - I have two children who are completely different personalities and so similar to their grandparents that it's freaky! I was referring more to how we behave in the world toward others, our emotional stability and how we are in relationship with our partner.

For someone to behave as GBC has to Allison, I believe firmly he has witnessed a repeated 'putting down' of women and been brought up with an unhealthy sense of entitlement. I just don't believe that he was born as a little baby with these attitudes. He would have come in with his basic personality, but you don't end up as an adult who thinks it's a viable option to simply take your wife's life if something hasn't been seriously amiss at home when you were growing up. JMO.

I also think he may have been brutalised as a child. Back in the early days of our posting here, someone posted a link to a page which featured Eulogies that were read out when the B-C Grandfather (father of Nigel) passed away. Not sure if it was Nigel's Eulogy or one of the others, but it detailed life in South Africa and one thing that struck me was that B-C Grandfather was very gruff and loved rough-housing with the grandkids, sometimes "a bit too rough". Sometimes that type of play can definitely be too rough on small children and they realise they are expected to enjoy it and be tough enough to take it, but they possibly dread it. It can get out of hand and could hurt and maybe isn't fun for all kids, especially if they are quite young. So perhaps Gerard experienced this. Add into this that both the Grandfather and Nigel were game hunters and would have been coming back from their exploits holding up the bodies of beautiful wildlife that they had slain. To a small child this could be quite traumatic. I'm not excusing him of course, but this sort of stuff could be a factor in shaping what he's become.

I once doorknocked the BC seniors house when I was collecting for a charity (they weren't home) and not only did I see all the skulls or trophies of wildlife antlers on the outside walls of the home, I could see through the glass at the front door (might have been some sort of some sort of french door effect) to a wall featuring photos of the results of various hunts with Nigel and possibly his Father standing in a group in several different photos, proudly holding up their kill of magnificent wildlife of various kinds, along with the requisite rifles. I am always reminded of this - these are people that enjoy killing God's precious creatures. While I am sure every game hunter is not a murderer of humans, it does to me speak of a lesser regard for life, especially the lives of living things that are more vulnerable.

<modsnip>
We must put a stop to women being blamed for a man having a bad day and finding an excuse to vent his anger at defenceless women and children. Absolute cowards IMO

Domestic violence starts with the man in the mirror.
Woman must say no! Enough is enough!

Yeah and then just kick 'em in the nuts!

I also think he may have been brutalised as a child. Back in the early days of our posting here, someone posted a link to a page which featured Eulogies that were read out when the B-C Grandfather (father of Nigel) passed away. Not sure if it was Nigel's Eulogy or one of the others, but it detailed life in South Africa and one thing that struck me was that B-C Grandfather was very gruff and loved rough-housing with the grandkids, sometimes "a bit too rough". Sometimes that type of play can definitely be too rough on small children and they realise they are expected to enjoy it and be tough enough to take it, but they possibly dread it. It can get out of hand and could hurt and maybe isn't fun for all kids, especially if they are quite young. So perhaps Gerard experienced this. Add into this that both the Grandfather and Nigel were game hunters and would have been coming back from their exploits holding up the bodies of beautiful wildlife that they had slain. To a small child this could be quite traumatic. I'm not excusing him of course, but this sort of stuff could be a factor in shaping what he's become.

I once doorknocked the BC seniors house when I was collecting for a charity (they weren't home) and not only did I see all the skulls or trophies of wildlife antlers on the outside walls of the home, I could see through the glass at the front door (might have been some sort of some sort of french door effect) to a wall featuring photos of the results of various hunts with Nigel and possibly his Father standing in a group in several different photos, proudly holding up their kill of magnificent wildlife of various kinds, along with the requisite rifles. I am always reminded of this - these are people that enjoy killing God's precious creatures. While I am sure every game hunter is not a murderer of humans, it does to me speak of a lesser regard for life, especially the lives of living things that are more vulnerable.

BBM: Or it was their way of brushing under the carpet the fact that he was aggressively violent?

Yep I bought it for $3 a couple of nights ago, but on Google Play Books. I was very happily surprised by that price, and am part way through it. Very interesting with lots of details I've not heard before!

Also bought this last night on Kindle. The behind the scene investigation was amazing!

I felt comforted this afternoon when I drove past the jail at Wacol knowing that he is locked up in there. He'd still be stamping his feet with his "I'm innocent & no one believes me" & "don't you know who I am?" garbage, but he is in there. It was a relief.

It can get out of hand and could hurt and maybe isn't fun for all kids, especially if they are quite young. So perhaps Gerard experienced this. Add into this that both the Grandfather and Nigel were game hunters and would have been coming back from their exploits holding up the bodies of beautiful wildlife that they had slain. To a small child this could be quite traumatic. I'm not excusing him of course, but this sort of stuff could be a factor in shaping what he's become.

I agree it can be very traumatic for a child to see animals that have been killed. I remember crying at my father for using rat poison in the house when I was about 7 or so.

But I would be very careful tarring all hunters with the 'bloodlust killer' tag just because some people like to brag about their conquests. Quite honestly, you don't understand it. I have hunted and killed animals. I did it for food and because these animals were vermin on the properties and the farmers had requested their removal. I didn't feel 'bloodlust' or joy in the killing. I certainly don't feel the need to go around putting a bullet into everything that moves.

To put game hunters in the killer category shows that you have very little understanding of it. I don't mean to be offensive, just pointing out that people who shoot animals don't always do it for sport, or for fun, or because they love killing things and wouldn't think it bad to kill people.
The trophy displaying thing is something I don't like and don't particularly understand myself.

And you can talk about killing God's precious creatures, but that also happens to the meat we buy in the supermarket. It gets killed too, by people. Do you tar them with the 'killer' brush?

I'm just asking for a little thought before making judgments on all hunters, that's all.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-selfless-mother/story-fnihsr9v-1226990103157

I'm sure this has been posted by now but for some reason I've only just come across it today. I love the photo of Allison with her friends, she looks so happy. I also noted EBC's comments at Allison's kitchen tea (presumably before they got married, in lieu of a hen's night, that type of thing) - charming but just what one could expect I guess.

Thank you for that info!! :seeya:

And I was just saying to somebody earlier today, after seeing yet another FB page of a hunter glorifying their kill in FB photos :)facepalm:) - totally unrelated to this case btw - that surely it's an easier step for someone who kills animals to then go on to kill a person, compared to somebody who's never been exposed to hunting.

The whole hunter mentality normalises killing and intrinsically teaches the 'right' to take another being's life. :scared: It sounds like that's what GBC grew up around.......

Machismo behaviour is always an attempt to hide deep inadequacies - obviously that runs in the family lineage.

PS Spotted Reptile - I'm referring to people who do it for 'sport' and then brag and boast to boost their ego. Not if it's related to farming/vermin control/food gathering.

Do you know what .. that is a perfect school for GBC if he did have behavioural problems because he could be there for that reason, but his parents could tell everyone else he was in the gifted program.

Also once he emerged he may have been expected to live up to the expectations the people around the family (who didn't know that he had issues) would have had for him considering his 'giftedness' .. don't we all think it's interesting that GBC only had a few years of work in Australia before he disappeared overseas (where he was in charge of what got reported back home) then after struggling for a bit to find his feet, went into business under the umbrella of protection from his parents, only to drive it into the ground once they retired?

Then to kill his wife and end up in jail when it all began to collapse around his ears.

I can see it, this makes sense to me JMO.

Yes Mrs Norris - hypothetically more 'smoke 'n' mirrors' by the parents?

Doe anyone know how old GBC was when his family migrated to Australia? Did he attend a primary school in another country before Gabbinar?

The appeal also states that Judge John Byrne did not direct the jury that they needed to be satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that GBC dumped the body at Kholo Creek.

This is very interesting. IMO GBC didn't dump Allison at the bridge. Someone else did that. So therefore in GBC's mind he is indeed innocent of disposing Allison's body at Kholo Creek but he's been found guilty of it none the less. Oh the shock, horror and indignation of being found guilty of something he didn't do! Must lodge an appeal immediately. !

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that OBW suffered sibling abuse similar to what happened with Allison as a kid and may be covering for him more than we know, I have sympathy for her in a way .. the family is dysfunctional and you just don't pop up as a killer from nowhere in adulthood.

I agree.

One of the most haunting quotes from the evidence material is from Phil Broom's statement (I'm sure it was his) where GBC said to him "you don't know you are a baby shaker until you are caught shaking a baby".... I wonder if he will ever face what he has become.

Thank you for that info!! :seeya:

And I was just saying to somebody earlier today, after seeing yet another FB page of a hunter glorifying their kill in FB photos :)facepalm:) - totally unrelated to this case btw - that surely it's an easier step for someone who kills animals to then go on to kill a person, compared to somebody who's never been exposed to hunting.

The whole hunter mentality normalises killing and intrinsically teaches the 'right' to take another being's life. :scared: It sounds like that's what GBC grew up around.......

Machismo behaviour is always an attempt to hide deep inadequacies - obviously that runs in the family lineage.

PS Spotted Reptile - I'm referring to people who do it for 'sport' and then brag and boast to boost their ego. Not if it's related to farming/vermin control/food gathering.

There is a moment of truth in "The Queen" when the hunting going on at the castle parallels elements of the Diana tragedy. Bambi, the African children's story is quite disturbing.

Also bought this last night on Kindle. The behind the scene investigation was amazing!

Does it mention the high police presence in the area before the arrest? We noticed it! The police would pull up random cars to make it look as though they were doing something else but there were too many cars on that short stretch of road! We didn't worry too much about it at the time, it was reassuring that there were so many police around. In retrospect we worked out exactly what they were up to. Surveillance!

I have ALWAYS, from the very beginning, thought that GBC would not risk leaving the girls alone, for the reasons you've stated here, Greg.

We shall see..........work on, QPS, work on!

Welcome back Privato. I was hoping you would return. Now that the trial is over, the verdict is in, the sentence delivered and the convicted murderer is in jail - can you repeat your earlier post about OW and the strange things she said at the school that morning when she dropped the children off - as some here may have missed that information. We were hoping that it would come up at the trial, but it did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard