The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that if the appeal to the Court of Appeal here is not successful, he will apply to the High Court. What do others think?

All on the public purse of course!

It's a pretty fair bet that the family need some hope, given the shock of G's new home. They will exhaust all avenues. My concern is they don't tie up too many resources in an already stretched legal system.

eta: glad to read the high court appeal doesn't come from the public purse.

I thought the depression related suicide was a somewhat plausible narrative. How did she suicide by walking 15klms and then lying down under a bridge???? i don't find that plausible.

Alison's body toxicology report showed anti-depressants at 12 times the level of normal anti-depressant levels. These results can be unreliable though due to decomposition. Not enough to indicate fatal overdose

Alison was found in her walking clothes and shoes and in a location further on from her normal walking route. I find this a detail that supports the notion that she left the house voluntarily it supports the notion that she was dressed in clothes and shoes nothing more

The prosecution suggested that Allison was murdered on the property, but no blood or evidence of a murder was found. Yet there was blood in the vehicle. Leaves in the hair link the murder to the property

Gerard could not be placed at the scene of the murder the murder was linked to the property by way of the leaves, Gerard admits to being at the property aka the scene of the murder

You ignore the scratches, the finances, the mistresses and so on and so on...

<Mod Snip>

In addition to "walking" 14kms to where her body was found, her jumper was also pulled up around her head and neck with her arms entangled in it. I think suicide was effectively ruled out, IMO. No broken bones (she didn't jump), Zoloft levels not enough to kill, the way and where she was found. It was not suicide. Suicide was an implausible scenario, it makes no logical sense at all. Like Vanessa Fowler said - "She didn't go for a walk and die".

These definitions pretty much cover it all. Take your pick -
"confidence man
Function: noun
Meaning: a dishonest person who uses clever means to cheat others out of something of value.
Synonyms bilk, bilker, cheat, cheater, chiseler (or chiseller), confidence man, cozener, defrauder, dodger, fakir, finagler, fraudster [chiefly British], hoaxer, scammer, scamster, shark, sharper, sharpie (or sharpy), skinner, swindler, tricker
Related Words double-crosser, double-dealer; bluffer, charlatan, fake, faker, humbug, impostor (or imposter), mountebank, phony (also phoney), pretender, quack, quacksalver, ringer, sham; adventurer, fox, gamesman, knave, prankster, rascal, rogue; fast-talker, slick, slicker, slickster, slyboots, smoothy (or smoothie), wheeler-dealer; plotter, schemer, sneak, sneaker; blackleg, cardsharp (or cardsharper)"

One word missing IMO, that is 'Chameleon'.

I have no doubt that if the appeal to the Court of Appeal here is not successful, he will apply to the High Court. What do others think?

All on the public purse of course!

The public purse doesn't pay for High Court Appeals.

Yep...I remember that happening in hospital intern days too.

They didn't have a hyphenated surname beginning with B and C, did they?

Maybe :thinking:, I don't take notice of names, every ones the same........I don't care what standing you have in the community/ town, who you know, where you live....I just don't care. As soon as patients start prattling of who there relos/friends/acquaintances etc are ( trying to impress ) . In ED you are triaged clinically on you signs & symptons & history...nothing else.

You get triaged based on my assessment. I also don't care how you arrived in ED ( ie most people who come by ambulance automatically think they get seen first) If you are not acutely unwell..............off to the waiting room for you!!

I've even had patients arrive to ED with minor complaints & get triaged accordingly with the appropriate wait............only to leave & arrive by ambulance an hour later........all they achieve is to go back to the bottom of the list .

Also stating you have chest pain ( another good try to get seen earlier ) doesn't work either.

It's a frustrating job at times!!

Just posting this again. A get together is organised for tonight whichyou can still attend, plus discussion is open about future get togethers, so if interested, please go to The Jury Room.

Originally Posted by itsthevibe
Hi all,

With Kimsters permission I post the link to the Jury Room http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-The-Jury-Room which is where you'll find my thread about Getting Together.

On the thread, please read Kimsters notes and warnings about getting together and foregoing anonymity. It's a personal decision that needs to be considered carefully.

We can't discuss getting together on this thread so don't respond here just go to the Jury Room.

On the upside, his appeal is a further demonstration of complete lack of remorse.

Good luck with that parole application.

Yes Wolfinator That's it in a nutshell!

All in my opinion only.

I thought the depression related suicide was a somewhat plausible narrative. How did she suicide by walking 15klms and then lying down under a bridge???? i don't find that plausible.

Alison's body toxicology report showed anti-depressants at 12 times the level of normal anti-depressant levels. These results can be unreliable though due to decomposition. Not enough to indicate fatal overdose

Alison was found in her walking clothes and shoes and in a location further on from her normal walking route. I find this a detail that supports the notion that she left the house voluntarily it supports the notion that she was dressed in clothes and shoes nothing more

The prosecution suggested that Allison was murdered on the property, but no blood or evidence of a murder was found. Yet there was blood in the vehicle. Leaves in the hair link the murder to the property

Gerard could not be placed at the scene of the murder the murder was linked to the property by way of the leaves, Gerard admits to being at the property aka the scene of the murder

You ignore the scratches, the finances, the mistresses and so on and so on...

<Mod Snip>

Greg - in case you may have missed it, see my post addressing these points a few pages up-thread. And also the original poster's very gracious reply to my post.

I can bring some untainted jurors who have never heard of this case-SCOUTS HONOUR!!
Olli, Makara, poss, breaking, unfolding, Doc, Ali we need five others. No payment required. :happydance:

Case? what case? Gerard Baden-who??:thinking::waitasec: Nup..I don't know what you are talking about...Never heard of it.

These definitions pretty much cover it all. Take your pick -
"confidence man
Function: noun
Meaning: a dishonest person who uses clever means to cheat others out of something of value.
Synonyms bilk, bilker, cheat, cheater, chiseler (or chiseller), confidence man, cozener, defrauder, dodger, fakir, finagler, fraudster [chiefly British], hoaxer, scammer, scamster, shark, sharper, sharpie (or sharpy), skinner, swindler, tricker
Related Words double-crosser, double-dealer; bluffer, charlatan, fake, faker, humbug, impostor (or imposter), mountebank, phony (also phoney), pretender, quack, quacksalver, ringer, sham; adventurer, fox, gamesman, knave, prankster, rascal, rogue; fast-talker, slick, slicker, slickster, slyboots, smoothy (or smoothie), wheeler-dealer; plotter, schemer, sneak, sneaker; blackleg, cardsharp (or cardsharper)"

One word missing IMO, that is 'Chameleon'.

Another is Baden-Clay

Why am I not surprised? - Allison had bruising prior:
Allison Baden clay suffered years of emotional abuse:
http://youtu.be/Zarz_UqiNXs

I think we weren't allowed to sleuth because others were on stage with her.
We must put a stop to women being blamed for a man having a bad day and finding an excuse to vent his anger at defenceless women and children. Absolute cowards IMO

Domestic violence starts with the man in the mirror.
Woman must say no! Enough is enough!

You've been missing these haven't you TGY?

:silly: I now must clean my PC screen.

I'm thrilled Doc sent me a repeat prescription! Want some?
Clowning IS good for the soul.

Yes t'was dearly missed ;)

My heart aches for the years of emotional and quite possibly physical abuse this beautiful woman Allison endured at the hands of this man. To think that he wore her beautiful spirit down and belief in herself and then ended her life and tossed her out like garbage. She deserved so much more and had so much more to contribute to this world. I am glad that Allisons' girls are at least now in the hands of her loving parents and family to be nurtured- but still he has already left big scars on their souls with his actions. I hope they can heal somewhat to go on and lead happy and fulfilling lives though I know this will never leave them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa