GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. That's exactly why I was wondering.

Except her decision was widely criticised as one of the biggest mistakes in criminal law in the last 50 years. It's not uncommon for a news station to offer payment as gratuity for someone's time and for the headaches associated with being in the public eye.

Also o/t but oh my goodness woe I can only imagine the librarian's face! I sometimes wonder what horrible things people would be thinking if they looked up some of my past searches when I'm trying to figure out info on cases here.

Back on the topic of Erin I can't stop thinking about her today. So we know roughly what time she left, have a ranger reporting a possible sighting in the park (but I don't recall a time being mentioned on that), and a possible - IMO likely - sighting where her car was found. From her husband we also have her "maybe" going to the ranch. Have we heard anything about whether or not she did end up going to the ranch that day? Assuming she went to the park, did she maybe go to the ranch before or after? More than anything I want to know who was truly the last person to see her, and where they saw her. Maybe LE already knows this info.

No, none of the above. What I mean is, we don't have verification of any facts through evidence being released (such as time stamped video, LE substantiating timeline information and/or LE having a press conference - nada.)

I noticed another horse club was having an important annual contest on June 28 though.
The club isn't local but not too far way either.
After I heard that Erin rides bareback and is a talented rider, I wondered if she may have met up with somebody to go participate in that activity with them. The contest was divided into three categories of competition.

@cluciano63, the public like you and I are not paid to go on the news, including HLN @linasK. I know this from personal experience.

Memewhitehurst

Possible scenario just popped into my head. May have already been posited, but here goes:

1. Erin has a brief affair with a marine.
2. This marine's wife found out about it and told Erin's husband.
3. Erin was confronted by her husband, they made up, and were working it out.
4. Marine's wife left her husband shortly thereafter and went back home.
5. Since marine's wife left him, he became hyperfocused on a relationship with Erin. Virtually obsessed.
6. Erin, being the kind person that she appears to be, tried to let him down gently and was patient with him as he continued to struggle with her decision.
7. Erin got pregnant by her husband.
8. Marine, still deluded with the idea that he had a chance and not knowing that she was pregnant, continued to pursue.
9. Erin, being the kind person that she appears to be, agreed to meet him that fateful AM to talk to him.
10. Erin drops the news that she is pregnant with her husband's baby.
11. Marine loses his marbles.

Night everyone.

I noticed the recent article spells out that Erin left her new job (Tractor place) in March (having just started in January) stating personal reasons. Caused me to wonder if someone was harassing her there.
She was pregnant and then miscarried so maybe that's why she left? Maybe she didn't like the job, but why?

Seems like LE is saying not a criminal investigation only because they don't have a crime scene, Imo. They are certainly behaving as though it is. They have no proof a crime has been committed, in other words.

Seems like LE is saying not a criminal investigation only because they don't have a crime scene, Imo. They are certainly behaving as though it is. They have no proof a crime has been committed, in other words.

I agree. It seems to me like they've been treating it as a criminal investigation from early on. I'd love to be wrong!

I noticed another horse club was having an important annual contest on June 28 though.
The club isn't local but not too far way either.
After I heard that Erin rides bareback and is a talented rider, I wondered if she may have met up with somebody to go participate in that activity with them. The contest was divided into three categories of competition.
As a horse trainer, you don't show up to a horse show without a horse. Riders bring their own horses. The rescue would know if Erin had made plans to haul her horse or done so.

Also, riding bareback is a far cry from participating in horse shows. We have no evidence Erin participated in horse shows.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/20/erin-corwin-chronicle-facebook/12905463/

Yes, here's an article with an author.
Why aren't any of the rumors mentioned within this article?
Because the author knows to print factual information she needs to provide an official source from where it came.
Very nice article that honors Erin.

Going to gently go out on a limb and say that if media "honored" everyone, there would be no reporting of the truth, because for every fact, somebody might get hurt.

Everybody has been warned more than once, and Mods are still removing posts.

You may NOT sleuth CL and post it here. He is not considered a POI/suspect according to LE/MSM reports.

The July 4th incident may not be linked here because it is unrelated to this case and clearly shows that CL is being sleuthed - which is against our rules at this time.

No further warnings will be given.

Salem

all the plates in those photos are BLOCKED by the military, as well as the addresses in the photos. The color of the blocked squares make it look like the color of an Alaska plate. But they are photo-shopped to for the privacy of the residents.

http://usmclife.com/bases/29-palms-california/military-housing/military-housing-condor/

http://usmclife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Slide93.jpg

Not to mention those photos are both at least a couple years old. Note the date of the uploads in the URL and when I download them and look at buried data, even older.

As a horse trainer, you don't show up to a horse show without a horse. Riders bring their own horses. The rescue would know if Erin had made plans to haul her horse or done so.

Also, riding bareback is a far cry from participating in horse shows. We have no evidence Erin participated in horse shows.

Not trying to be contrary and I really don't know how it works in this area, but I did a couple of horse shows as a teen and I never had my own horse ( hopefully I will someday!). We always had to help with getting the horse there though, even if it just meant coordinating things. My little sis has done this as well. I have no idea if Erin participated in shows, just saying it's possible even without having her own horse. Some of the shows I went to watch had bareback riding as a separate competition.

I don't know if any of this matters in finding her. Is anyone thinking she and potentially someone else went out riding in the desert? Seems unlikely but I'm kind of trying to think of anything at this point.

When my husband enlisted in the military in the mid-90s, his initial obligation was for 4 years. However, in order to attend certain schools/training that he wanted for his military career (which be helpful after he separated), he had to commit to an additional 2 years of active duty time. At the end of those 6 years, he had the choice between going into the IRR or being in the active reserves. He chose the IRR and did that for his two years. Ironically, after his two years was up and some additional time, he decided to go back into the active Reserves.

I see nothing unusual with someone having a 6-year active commitment.

A question for those well familiar with Twentynine Palms, Joshua Tree and Dale Mining areas — I'm trying to get an aerial perspective on where some of the mines are relative to Sheeps Hole Pass. In particular Ivanhoe Mine.

As in from the Pass, what direction is Ivanhoe and are there any landmarks that would show up in Google maps?

TIA

Just wanted to ask a quick question.

Does the old wives tale still ring true that pregnant women are not suppose to ride horses?

Anyone can publish an article on Vinelink. I could go to Vinelink right now and create the wildest of tales and post it. Caution must be used when dealing with content that is not coming directly from a well established source.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have expressed Azure the main focus in any article should be the truth no matter what. Good, bad or indifferent. But the truth should be the truth and not what the author perceives to be the truth. That is why I stated I go with factual information that can be cross referenced. The bare raw truth can sometimes be quite a ugly thing to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member