GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was determined to be a photo taken several years ago and not associated with current residents. I don't remember who posted it, but it was a more than one person. They looked at the imbedded information or something like that, as well as when it was posted on that website.

Can I have the photos of the red car on base?

'Investigators are not clarifying how the disappearance can be both not voluntary and not criminal.'

"It's not voluntary, but we don't have any evidence yet that it's criminal," said San Bernadino sheriff's Capt. Dale Mondary on Friday. "We're just trying to find a missing person."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/20/erin-corwin-chronicle-facebook/12905463/

Police have to be careful not to alienate the public with answers like this, I think. It's really not a good idea when it could be a tip from a member of the public that caracks their homicide investigation (imo) wide open for them.

Let's say Erin went to JTNP and accidentally fell down a mine, perished from dehydration or heat stroke, or became injured and couldn't get help. That would make her involuntarily missing because she didn't plan it but it also would not be criminal. Obviously that didn't happen because her car was found, but I'm trying to give an example of how LE can be repeating this paradoxical statement. Until they have evidence, they can't say it's a criminal investigation. That might fly in the face of common sense when you look at the supposed facts, but they have to be very careful about how they phrase things and I applaud them for it. Honestly, the only people I feel they owe answers to are her family members because at this point there is nothing to suggest anyone else is in danger. Like the rest of you I am terribly anxious for a resolution and I don't feel it will be the one we are all hoping for.

I have not read the FB postings at all because I am not even sure that it is actually her family members posting and controlling that page. I did see some postings from individuals claiming to be the sister, aunt, family friend and so forth. If I recall correctly it was on a MSN page following an article in the comments section. I am not following this very closely. I do know this much from my own experience being a parent with a missing child, I could not sit still long enough to be bothered reading others posts, I was on the phone none stop calling every person under the sun whom I thought could help me with the situation. My main objective back then was to find my son it is like having tunnel vision. Maybe it could be someone else that was assigned the duty of running a Facebook page and missed the post at first then when they discovered it they took it down. Or even for that matter perhaps they have military that are monitoring the post. Hoping to glean information out of the post that are coming in? Just my thoughts of possibilities.

I seem to be reading this statement differently than anyone else here I guess.

Try reading this:
We don't yet have any evidence that it is criminal, but we know it wasn't voluntary.

I read it as they know she did not leave voluntarily (probably based on what was left behind and things they have researched about her life at the time), and that as of YET, they have not uncovered any EVIDENCE (physical evidence) of a crime - no crime scene, no body, no large amounts of blood, etc.

I do not read anything, whatsoever that suggests that they believe there was no crime, or that they want us to believe that there was no crime. I think it is literally saying they haven't found the evidence of the crime. YET. I think the point he is trying to make is that they are not working to solve a crime et, but are seeking evidence of the crime, and of course, Seeking Erin herself. Whether dead, or alive (which they never come out and say which until they have evidence to back it up with).

'Investigators are not clarifying how the disappearance can be both not voluntary and not criminal.'

"It's not voluntary, but we don't have any evidence yet that it's criminal," said San Bernadino sheriff's Capt. Dale Mondary on Friday. "We're just trying to find a missing person."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/20/erin-corwin-chronicle-facebook/12905463/

Police have to be careful not to alienate the public with answers like this, I think. It's really not a good idea when it could be a tip from a member of the public that caracks their homicide investigation (imo) wide open for them.

I did not post those images and have no clue who did but what was meant by imbedded information is accomplished in two ways one is to simply right click on the photo itself and then click on the image properties which will give (some) information. The other way is to use an software application that is capable of telling you all about the image ....the time, date, type of camera that was used and so forth.

That is exactly what I was wondering. How do you disappear involuntarily and it isn't a crime?
An accident? It makes no sense at all. Even if she fell into a mine, wouldn't moving her car and not reporting it be a crime of some sort?

Since we have nothing new, I've also been thinking of that odd quote along with some other things...

1. LE stated Erin is involuntarily missing but no criminal activity.
2. LE has been looking in mines for weeks.
3. A witness most people feel is credible saw Erin with a person in a red car.
4. A red car was not mentioned in any search warrant information we have seen.

I know it's highly improbable, but I'm mulling over the extremely off-chance possibility something like this happened...

Erin meets with the man in the red car, somehow she gets him out of the car and she takes it, he walks home, she is suicidal and drives to a mine, she (and the car?) are at the bottom of a mine.

Let's say Erin went to JTNP and accidentally fell down a mine, perished from dehydration or heat stroke, or became injured and couldn't get help. That would make her involuntarily missing because she didn't plan it but it also would not be criminal. Obviously that didn't happen because her car was found, but I'm trying to give an example of how LE can be repeating this paradoxical statement. Until they have evidence, they can't say it's a criminal investigation. That might fly in the face of common sense when you look at the supposed facts, but they have to be very careful about how they phrase things and I applaud them for it. Honestly, the only people I feel they owe answers to are her family members because at this point there is nothing to suggest anyone else is in danger. Like the rest of you I am terribly anxious for a resolution and I don't feel it will be the one we are all hoping for.

I have not read the FB postings at all because I am not even sure that it is actually her family members posting and controlling that page. I did see some postings from individuals claiming to be the sister, aunt, family friend and so forth. If I recall correctly it was on a MSN page following an article in the comments section. I am not following this very closely. I do know this much from my own experience being a parent with a missing child, I could not sit still long enough to be bothered reading others posts, I was on the phone none stop calling every person under the sun whom I thought could help me with the situation. My main objective back then was to find my son it is like having tunnel vision. Maybe it could be someone else that was assigned the duty of running a Facebook page and missed the post at first then when they discovered it they took it down. Or even for that matter perhaps they have military that are monitoring the post. Hoping to glean information out of the post that are coming in? Just my thoughts of possibilities.

The very first post on this page dated July 1st indicates the sister in law is running the page. So yes, family. Some family members also comment there when they are able. They are using mainstream social networking to help as much as they can but it is obvious much is not being disclosed. The affair article was seen by family members, it is still there, and even an aunt commented that they knew of this. I can not exaggerate how closely this page is monitored because it is crazy how fast things disappear!

Why has becoming pregnant become such a danger???? So upsetting. It should be a time of happiness, a new life coming into the world, another generation to carry on the name, and parents beaming with pride. Instead, we have a pregnant missing woman...not voluntary.

*sigh*

Well it took me long enough but I finally have the videos posted! Get a map ready of the areas around where her car was found, because all videos are titled with streets/directions, and there's more info in the descriptions so read that too. Hoping to start on the pics tonight but heading to the beach tomorrow so doubt I will finish until tomorrow night, because I want to label them and whittle down the unreasonable number of photos I took. I will let everyone know when they are added. Thanks for waiting!

LinusK, Thanks for the advice - I even found that I had created a Photobucket account years ago so that helped!

Hope this helps those of you who aren't in the area:
http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Grits4Lain/library/Videos taken near where her car was found

I FINALLY got to watch the videos...awesome job Nora Charles!!!!!!! I'll probably never, ever get to see the desert in my lifetime so thank you so very much!!! Now if you can just drive through JTNP for me... :please:

I'm about 99% sure you are right. But remaining 1% gives me hope that either she is alive somewhere or at least her life was ended by an accident or herself, rather than a murderer. The fact that there has been almost nothing released in this case, and we've talked that little bit to the nth degree, makes me ponder the 1% at times. It's just hope.

Try reading this:
We don't yet have any evidence that it is criminal, but we know it wasn't voluntary.

I read it as they know she did not leave voluntarily (probably based on what was left behind and things they have researched about her life at the time), and that as of YET, they have not uncovered any EVIDENCE (physical evidence) of a crime - no crime scene, no body, no large amounts of blood, etc.

I do not read anything, whatsoever that suggests that they believe there was no crime, or that they want us to believe that there was no crime. I think it is literally saying they haven't found the evidence of the crime. YET. I think the point he is trying to make is that they are not working to solve a crime et, but are seeking evidence of the crime, and of course, Seeking Erin herself. Whether dead, or alive (which they never come out and say which until they have evidence to back it up with).

Thanks for clearing that up! (All I could remember is they were old and didn't apply to this case.)

I did not post those images and have no clue who did but what was meant by imbedded information is accomplished in two ways one is to simply right click on the photo itself and then click on the image properties which will give (some) information. The other way is to use an software application that is capable of telling you all about the image ....the time, date, type of camera that was used and so forth.

Try reading this:

I think they are simply saying there is no crime scene, no confession, none of the elements of a crime at this time...except a missing person. Clearly they are treating this as a crime, search warrants, numerous searches, interviews, etc. I don't think too much should be read into LE saying no criminal investigation, when clearly they are doing just that. I think they believe Erin is a crime victim but can't prove it. Jmo

I did the week before but stupidly didn't take photos! There was absolutely no evidence of LE anywhere so they are clearly working far away from the main (paved) roads. We also took hwy. 62 out past Gold Crown Road, where the turn off is for the Old Dale Mining District, and didn't pass a single LE vehicle anywhere. What really disturbed me was not one missing poster for Erin was anywhere in town...gas stations, grocery stores, etc.

Glad the videos helped. I just wish I could get the pictures to post correctly because each time I try they are only about an inch big. (But the videos were better so glad that worked!)

I FINALLY got to watch the videos...awesome job Nora Charles!!!!!!! I'll probably never, ever get to see the desert in my lifetime so thank you so very much!!! Now if you can just drive through JTNP for me... :please:

Since we have nothing new, I've also been thinking of that odd quote along with some other things...

1. LE stated Erin is involuntarily missing but no criminal activity.
2. LE has been looking in mines for weeks.
3. A witness most people feel is credible saw Erin with a person in a red car.
4. A red car was not mentioned in any search warrant information we have seen.

I know it's highly improbable, but I'm mulling over the extremely off-chance possibility something like this happened...

Erin meets with the man in the red car, somehow she gets him out of the car and she takes it, he walks home, she is suicidal and drives to a mine, she (and the car?) are at the bottom of a mine.

Reasonably certain, though you wold know better than I, that a Kia or Hyundai similar small sedan would have no chance to get to any of the mines that are along dirt/rocky roads. I'm still trying to sort out what "driving thru the Park" entails if she went there to scout for location to shot photos, or picnic, or what other insane "reason" she was headed there or at least stated she was headed there to do.

But since I don't envision she probably ever made a drive on paved roads or easily passable dirt ones, personally I can't envision a suicide scenario, at least one that would involve a mine.

pretty sure she'd have to do some serious walking in serious heat to make it to a mine?

The suicide scenario has occurred to me as one possibility, but likely not "death by mine." Or she may have run away with the man in the red car, but Kia/Hyundai dude would have to be pretty well set for cash funds since LE is not, at least openly, looking outside the Park and general Twentynine Palms area. About impossible to truly go off the grid these days, unless you really understand how to do it and have a lot of cash available. A 19 year old kid understand how to do that, and one well-connected to at least her mother?

personally, I can't get there. Not seeing alien abduction (perhaps human) or witness protection program either.

if somebody other than what by current appearances would seem to be behind her disappearance, then I have to think LE is spending an inordinate amount of time and effort in Joshua Tree for nada.

They have something and we sit and wait.

Or have nothing and need to go back to square one. As we sit and wait.

Beyond my comprehension what her family is going through. Can they ever sleep? Eat? Do anything "normal?" I imagine I'd be wrecked but thankfully have never had to find out. My heart truly goes out to them.

I could be completely wrong, but didn't I read she's adopted? Totally out there, but could she have gone off to find her birth mother? I know it's random....

I could be completely wrong, but didn't I read she's adopted? Totally out there, but could she have gone off to find her birth mother? I know it's random....

I've thought of that too. I read Erin was adopted but do not have a link.

Why has becoming pregnant become such a danger???? So upsetting. It should be a time of happiness, a new life coming into the world, another generation to carry on the name, and parents beaming with pride. Instead, we have a pregnant missing woman...not voluntary.

*sigh*

BBM

It really hasn't. Its just when cases like this happens and the woman is pregnant it makes the news.

6.4 million women get pregnant each year in our country. A pregnant woman dying from homicide is extremely rare regardless of what Nancy Grace wishes us all to believe.

IMO

The man who saw erin enter a red car needs to be tested for colorblindness (it takes minutes) and also given a test for truth as he could be untrue.
He has said he would be willing to do this.

That is exactly what I was wondering. How do you disappear involuntarily and it isn't a crime?

:thinking: I know! I know! *waves hand madly*. . .fall through a hole in the ice!!... :waitasec: that's not an option in the desert.

On a more serious note (which occurred to me after I wrote the ice bit) fall through an open mine?

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member