Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sex addiction is a serious addiction just as bad as any drug,or alcohol.

I don't put it past LE to lie--they're subject to the same temptation as the rest of us. That said, I don't think they risk lying as often under oath. They are legally allowed to lie when questioning suspects, and often do just that in order to get their man (or woman). Many people aren't aware of this, but it is absolutely true. Unfortunately that means that sometimes they get the wrong man, or that a suspect will eventually plea down (plea guilty, even if not) just because the alternative is too devastating to risk (eg. in a death penalty case).

sex addiction is a serious addiction just as bad as any drug,or alcohol.

Dr. Drew on HLN is very adamant that sex addiction is not a reason or excuse for a crime. Dr. Drew says the sex addiction should have been treated. What I understood on Dr Drew's segment on this issue was it is no different than an alcoholic driving DUI killing people in an automobile accident. I am sure if/when RH goes to trial we will hear many psychiatrists opinions on this subject.

How about we replace "sexting" with something else.

What if he forgot his son in the car all day because he was preoccupied with drinking? Using drugs? Hanging out in a bar? In a house having sex. Or even went inside to sleep. Nothing immoral about sleeping. Playing video games. Chopping wood. Cleaning house. Gardening in the back yard. On and on and on. It doesn't really matter what RH was doing all day that had him preoccupied. The fact is that little boy should have been his number one priority. And in 30 seconds, he became his last priority.

Speak it, Gwenabob!

But can I say that if a dad or mom were preoccupied with a job that required a 12 hour day and they had 4 others kids, I might be more inclined to understand how a horrible mistake occurred.

Sometimes, I think there IS leeway to forgive. This is not one of those instances, IMO.

Dr. Drew on HLN is very adamant that sex addiction is not a reason or excuse for a crime. Dr. Drew says the sex addiction should have been treated. What I understood on Dr Drew's segment on this issue was it is no different than an alcoholic driving DUI killing people in an automobile accident. I am sure if/when RH goes to trial we will hear many psychiatrists opinions on this subject.

I can't stand Dr. Drew and believe he's more often wrong than not.....I gotta totally agree with him on this. sex addiction is no defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O/T for Cooper thread but more of the same -- this is sickening -- I posted over in Crimes, Spotlight on Children..

TWO separate incidents in which children are rescued from cars

Case 1: FIVE YEAR OLD is "forgotten" in car with windows cracked; LE buys it and returns kid to parents
Case 2: ONE YEAR OLD voluntarily left by mom, who admitted to leaving child, pushing auto-start to leave car running and A/C on while she ran into store for 15 minutes, was not aware auto-start shuts off after 10 minutes... (bear in mind, she ADMITS doing this)... she is arrested

WTF? Link to full post & article link contained in: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250840-KS-TWO-children-in-separate-incidents-rescued-from-hot-cars&p=10776265#post10776265

LOL Evil, in my neck of the woods, it's nanner puddin

Even though we now live in the Pacific Northwest, I still make my barbecue Eastern (NC) style, including the sauce. ;) And I have to import country ham from the Dan'l Boone Inn (from Boone) as no one out here has ever heard of it.

O/T for Cooper thread but more of the same -- this is sickening -- I posted over in Crimes, Spotlight on Children..

TWO separate incidents in which children are rescued from cars

Case 1: FIVE YEAR OLD is "forgotten" in car with windows cracked; LE buys it and returns kid to parents
Case 2: ONE YEAR OLD voluntarily left by mom, who admitted to leaving child, pushing auto-start to leave car running and A/C on while she ran into store for 15 minutes, was not aware auto-start shuts off after 10 minutes... (bear in mind, she ADMITS doing this)... she is arrested

WTF? Link to full post & article link contained in: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250840-KS-TWO-children-in-separate-incidents-rescued-from-hot-cars&p=10776265#post10776265

I bet she didn't leave her purse in the car!

Somewhere on one of these threads, I posted that I was beginning to doubt some of Det. Stoddard's testimony. I posted it about a week ago, and I got somewhat slammed for saying that. I said I wanted to see those videos for myself, and some posters were adamantly opposed to thinking that Det. Stoddard might not be telling the truth. Well, well, well....seems he was not. This latest news makes me doubt a whole lot more of what he testified to. I still want to see that video where LH was said to have asked RH, "Did you say too much?" before I would swear on the Bible that's what she said. MOO

How about we replace "sexting" with something else.

What if he forgot his son in the car all day because he was preoccupied with drinking? Using drugs? Hanging out in a bar? In a house having sex. Or even went inside to sleep. Nothing immoral about sleeping. Playing video games. Chopping wood. Cleaning house. Gardening in the back yard. On and on and on. It doesn't really matter what RH was doing all day that had him preoccupied. The fact is that little boy should have been his number one priority. And in 30 seconds, he became his last priority.

Word ^ ^ ^ ^

:goodpost:

Thanks for the feedback, tlcya...

I have a LOT of issues with people who have allowed their cell phones to become part of their being, and I also have a problem with RH for that. If you look around, a lot of children's lives are being ruined--they're not dead but they're neglected, abandoned, get in the way, etc., etc.--by parents who would rather do whatever they do on the phone than pay attention to their kids. Unless there is another angle introduced into evidence in the future, I believe the distraction of the phone did cause this to happen--in this case, it was sexting, but it could have been anything else that was the subject of distraction. Would it have been any less of a "crime" if it was something else being discussed on the calls/texts? I think that in the court of public opinion, yes...it would be less of a "crime". For me, I believe RH will suffer forever on his own--and because of the sexting, it will probably be more intense than otherwise.

BBM. This is a very interesting and IMO very important question.

My take is this: Under normal circumstances I would not harbor animosity toward a person simply because they were caught sexting. I realize that this is something that many people in all walks of life may occasionally engage in, and that in itself does not make a person bad.

However...in this case the entire defense of this man has to date been about how religious he is, what a great family man he is, how he worshipped his son and would never EVER have willfully done anything that would put Cooper in harm's way. Relatives spoke of this. Friends spoke of it. Co-workers...his landlord, real estate agent/friend, and so on.

But RH did willfully do something that put his son at risk. And as a result the boy died a horrible painful death. RH was sexting and I blame him for causing his own distraction. Had he been distracted on twitter or Facebook or online poker, I would hold him equally responsible.

JMO.

Google testilying. That will keep you busy reading for a long, long time ...

This sums it up well; from an abstract--
The term "testilying" was coined by police officers in New York City. It usually refers to perjury committed by police officers; however, it has also been used to describe other forms of in-court deception. As this chapter demonstrates in a review of the frequency, nature, and reasons for police perjury, "testilying" is an amorphous problem, not easily understood or fixed, but nevertheless a serious problem in the criminal justice system. This chapter does not argue that police officers as court witnesses are generally perjurers in the interest of obtaining convictions or are otherwise dishonest. Probably most are not; however, the evidence of "testilying" is sufficiently strong to suggest that police officers commit perjury or other forms of testimonial deception more often than the public and juries have realized. ...
https://www.ncjrs.gov/app/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=188476

ETA: here's a MSM link for anyone interested in reading further:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../how-do-we-fix-the-police-testilying-problem/

Somewhere on one of these threads, I posted that I was beginning to doubt some of Det. Stoddard's testimony. I posted it about a week ago, and I got somewhat slammed for saying that. I said I wanted to see those videos for myself, and some posters were adamantly opposed to thinking that Det. Stoddard might not be telling the truth. Well, well, well....seems he was not. This latest news makes me doubt a whole lot more of what he testified to. I still want to see that video where LH was said to have asked RH, "Did you say too much?" before I would swear on the Bible that's what she said. MOO

Frankly, I'm more than a little stunned so many are falling over themselves to take the word of an accused murderers family member as gospel. With Zero evidence.

Shaking my head.

Im open to the possibility, SHOW ME!
Roll that video footage with a stop watch ticking...

Until I see it...ALL my faith is with the detective that was simply doing his sworn duty.

BBM. This is a very interesting and IMO very important question.

My take is this: Under normal circumstances I would not harbor animosity toward a person simply because they were caught sexting. I realize that this is something that many people in all walks of life may occasionally engage in, and that in itself does not make a person bad.

However...in this case the entire defense of this man has to date been about how religious he is, what a great family man he is, how he worshipped his son and would never EVER have willfully done anything that would put Cooper in harm's way. Relatives spoke of this. Friends spoke of it. Co-workers...his landlord, real estate agent/friend, and so on.

But RH did willfully do something that put his son at risk. And as a result the boy died a horrible painful death. RH was sexting and I blame him for causing his own distraction. Had he been distracted on twitter or Facebook or online poker, I would hold him equally responsible.

JMO.

His entire life was a facade.

All of it.

He was none of the things he held HIMSELF out to be!

All IMO

Let's be clear here. There is ONE newspaper that is saying they reviewed. The family who simply cannot or will not believe Ross sexted and did all this stuff, say things about the video. They have not released the videos, nor have they said where/who the videos came from. They are also a business, and have subscription based online and they stand to make a lot of money off people who want to see the whole article. They are a family, desperately holding to the belief this wasn't a freaking pervert loser of a father.

On the flip side, you have an LE detective on the stand under oath. Risking his reputation, job, future, etc. in a VERY high profile case, on a piece of evidence that can be disproved without a doubt in the form of video. By easily, I mean VERY EASILY disproved. Something that would 100% be disproved very publicly, upon viewing in court.

I'm sorry, I will currently take the word of a detective that has literally everything to lose, over a newspaper that has everything to gain. I'm not going to be hysterical and believe this is suddenly a shoddy cop, because a newspaper and family in delusion and denial say something.

Even though we now live in the Pacific Northwest, I still make my barbecue Eastern (NC) style, including the sauce. ;) And I have to import country ham from the Dan'l Boone Inn (from Boone) as no one out here has ever heard of it.

Bless your little heart. Did you take Sundrop and Cherrywine with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2