GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I don't believe as others do that the sketch nor her description resembles NK. but I also don't necessarily believe NK was the sole proprietor of the 'abduction'. IMO, if there WAS a second perpetrator, he's the one in her description, sketch, and navy blue pickup.

I don't believe the 'bunker' was soundproof, nor was there a tunnel, nor was she kept in the shed.

I'd like to know where the Doberman is. one neighbor said his wife saw him walking the dog, another said he hadn't seen NK all winter. where did he walk the dog? was the Doberman the ex-girlfriends? would a paranoid, anti-government right-wing fanatic own a peaceful pinscher? doubtful. so did the dog welcome Abigail? was this his "security detail" while he was at work and in court?

I might be wrong, but I don't think people are questioning if he is the guy, just if there was more than one.

I don't doubt for a moment NK is at the very least ONE of the people responsible for Abby's abduction and restraint for 9 months.

<snipped>
"Law enforcement officials said there were no other suspects and that searches of Kibby's home were continuing"

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140729/NEWS/140729706/-1/NEWSMAP

:cow:

I would like to veer off of the discussion with regard to the discrepancy between the initial sketch and the suspect - Page after page of repeated observations regarding eye color, skin color' height' shape etc., so repetitious as to confuse any reader who may be trying to discern the facts in this case.

N. Kibby wasn't arrested because of the sketch. There was no trailer, no storage container, no name or address in the sketch. There was something bigger;

"Prosecutors said they had enough information on Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby and his home."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...pper-in-court/

Sunday Night!

"Abigail Hernandez, had provided investigators with enough information for them to arrest and charge Kibby"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FX1U420140728

Abby provided it. Just like she provided info for the sketch, but in those first few days I feel that this traumatized young girl likely did the best that she could. Maybe she was still blocking it out - being questioned, examined, hugged, welcomed, etc., emotional, scared, scarred, skinny and sick - who can remember stuff?

But then by Sunday,,, They had enough information "Sunday night to obtain an arrest and search warrant for Kibby". They arrested him Monday around noon but they sent out "recorded phone calls at approximately 11:30 a.m. advising (the neighbors) to stay inside."

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index....103&Itemid=442

A lot was going on and happening very quickly!
Can we catch up to the current phase and put behind (for now) this discrepancy from the first few days of this girl's return?

Rehashing her recollection from 9 months ago is feeling like people are bashing Abby, the victim, for some kind of plot to derail the investigation out of fear or whatever. REALLY?!

She Came Up With The Information To Make An Arrest!!! Let's get off the sketch and credit her for getting that done! And then showing up in court with poise and dignity to face this life long criminal who allegedly stole 9 months of her life (and much more as a result).

Let's get onto NEK and off AH and what she tried in her first few days.

not sure why but none of your links work for me

If there was a tunnel wouldn't the FBI be able to find it without asking neighbors about it? I wonder if the presumed tunnel was to run air vent pipes, like a pvc pipe and to run electrical wiring. It gets very cold in NH in the winters so she would have to have layers of animal hides and/or expensive parkas like the Eskimos or a portable electric heater. My bet is on the heater. It is also possible she had a portable A/C unit in there. There is no way she could survive with heat or a/c in that thing.

That was also my thought that the FBI ought to be able to find a tunnel, but asking Abby would be the first thing that came to mind. Now with the FBI dismantling the container, guess they will find any secrets hidden under it.

You have good ideas about the air vent pipes - neighbors would not be questioning him either. There may be rules that people can't live in a separate building on your lot also.

I doubt she was kept in the shed for any length of time. Maybe he put her out there the first night to scare the daylights out of her, and as a way to keep her under control. He could threaten her by saying if she didnt behave he was going to keep her locked up out there, instead of in the trailer.

I think it would have been to dangerous for him to take her in and out of there. His yard is visible to a lot of neighbors. He could have easily been seen moving a restrained young girl in and out of a storage shed. jmo

<snipped>
"Law enforcement officials said there were no other suspects and that searches of Kibby's home were continuing"

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140729/NEWS/140729706/-1/NEWSMAP

Yep, I watched the arraingment yesterday and heard the same thing. None that they are aware of at this time. If it turns out there never were any additional suspects then that's fine by me, as long as they have the right creep and he suffers the fullest extent of the justice system for what he did to her.

FWIW, I don't believe as others do that the sketch nor her description resembles NK. but I also don't necessarily believe NK was the sole proprietor of the 'abduction'. IMO, if there WAS a second perpetrator, he's the one in her description, sketch, and navy blue pickup.

I don't believe the 'bunker' was soundproof, nor was there a tunnel, nor was she kept in the shed.

I'd like to know where the Doberman is. one neighbor said his wife saw him walking the dog, another said he hadn't seen NK all winter. where did he walk the dog? was the Doberman the ex-girlfriends? would a paranoid, anti-government right-wing fanatic own a peaceful pinscher? doubtful. so did the dog welcome Abigail? was this his "security detail" while he was at work and in court?

I do not have a link so take if for what its worth but one of the articles I read said the dog belonged to NK and the ex GF that used to reside in the trailer with him. So this would be a while back I think - maybe the dog went with teh ex GF when she moved out?

ETA I do not see it in the article so it may have been since editted but I found this post number 276 from yesterday

white rabbit
user-online.png

Join DateJun 2010Posts2,196​

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...YoJ/story.html

Crystal L, 31, said she grew up around the neighborhood and her father still lives near Kibby, so she visits often.
A cousin, Angel Whitehouse, dated Kibby for several years and even lived with him on Brookside Drive, but they broke up a couple of years ago, L said.
Kibby attended some of L&#8217;s family events, she said, keeping mostly quiet. She said he &#8220;used to complain&#8221; about the government &#8220;all the time&#8221; and frequently carried a handgun.
L said Kibby was sometimes aggressive toward her cousin when they dated, and that she hadn&#8217;t seen him in several months. But she called news of his arrest disturbing
&#8220;I was beyond myself,&#8221; she said.

(snipped)

The St. G's said the shipping container was added to the property a few years ago. They thought it was to store the motorcycle of Kibby&#8217;s then-girlfriend, a woman named Angel. Jeanette said she used to see the couple walking a Doberman pinscher around the neighborhood.
&#8220;Everything&#8217;s going bad in the world,&#8221; she said.
Investigators remain in the area around Kibby&#8217;s home.
Town property records list Kibby as the owner of a $19,000 mobile home. The 1,000-square-foot trailer has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, along with a small deck and shed, according to the records.​

I think this is one of those news orgs that updates and edits out old info adding new as they go

LE does not have to tell the truth and vigilantism speaks to the character of many who had comments to make about this case in Social media. lol

has anyone ever heard of a case where LE put out a fake sketch to throw the suspect off?

doesnt sound like something they would do, cause a lot of public distrust, chaos with tips coming in that are of no use, and possibly vigilantism concerns on innocent people.

I agree liljim. IMO she was never in the "shipping container".

in my wee neck of the woods, we call it a dumpster...but that's neither here nor there.

interesting about the white car, dee10. I'm having mcstay flashbacks.

:hills:

I don't believe he had three cars in any event. but I am curious about the navy pickup vs. the small blue car found in his driveway. I'm still not convinced there wasn't another driver (the 'abductor' on October 9th) vs NK.

thoughts?

In the picture I saw I thought the small blue vehicle looked like a Chevy S10 pick-up?

http://www.caigisonline.com/GorhamNH/Docs/Batch/Vision_Property_Card/Vision ID_ 1273.pdf

Or have I missed another picture of it?

LE does not have to tell the truth and vigilantism speaks to the character of many who had comments to make about this case in Social media. lol

LE doesn't have to tell the truth when questioning suspects. But when advising the average citizenship, if they weren't absolutely trustworthy, there'd be big problems. I think in the case of a BOLO with suspect description/sketch, it would make no sense to deceive the very public they are enlisting to help in their search. (And no, I don't think they'd go to all that bother of a 'fake' sketch just to try to 'fool' NEK into thinking they weren't hot on his trail. A lot easier to issue NO description at all if that were their sole intention.)

Off-topic(?)

Okay, this is weird. Did anyone else notice? When I click to come to the top of this thread, there's an ad for&#8230; wait for it&#8230; storage containers, with pictures that look very much like the one in question.

Off-topic(?)

Okay, this is weird. Did anyone else notice? When I click to come to the top of this thread, there's an ad for&#8230; wait for it&#8230; storage containers, with pictures that look very much like the one in question.

Big Brother (aka Googlebot) is watching.

(bwahahaha)

ETA: mine has an ad asking me if I want to clear my criminal record. :innocent:

i dont think the people making those comments would be out looking for a suspect based on the sketch, they didnt believe there was a suspect to be found.

Off-topic(?)

Okay, this is weird. Did anyone else notice? When I click to come to the top of this thread, there's an ad for… wait for it… storage containers, with pictures that look very much like the one in question.

ha yeah they can target ads based on page content and also on your personal search history, has made for some interesting events on forums (like someone complaining on a forum that they are seeing a certain ad for an embarrassing product, then being told by everyone else that they dont see it and how the system works)

ab-block plus ftw

tlcya, great post but it doesn't state who owns the Doberman nor where the dog is currently residing. my question is, if the pinscher was in the mobile home was he 'guarding' abby?

steleheart, I can't launch that link but thank you.

As I see it, Abby solved this case!

It appears as more time passed, NK made himself more active in wrongdoings with LE with his actions. Almost like he was daring them that they wouldn't catch him! However, even with his long list of criminal activity, nothing rang out to LE to check into him. Probably in their eyes, just another light time criminal!

So sad! This family, friends, and Abby have suffered nine heart breaking months when she was so close. While this case had the ultimate return of a safe homecoming, we need to find a way to locate the missing children that are kept alive by their abductors!

My opinions only!

White rabbit it is your own post number 276 that I copied and pasted over here from the previous thread. (at least the part that is in the 2nd quote box with your name attached to it) you linked that article with the snips in post 276 along with the link. That was the best I could do because I think the article has since been edited. Sorry. I gave it a shot.

ETA Maybe the dobie was there but I suspect that the Dobie left with AW, the ex.

not at all tlcya...don't be sorry. many times I ask questions because they're impossible to answer.

kinda like a two-year old does. :blushing:

I agree, AW probably has the dog. but if she doesn't, I'm wondering if Doberman could've been used as a threat...that's all...

Dumpsters typically don't have a roof (that's how you load them, through the top). This would be even more strongly constructed than a big dumpster and designed to withstand storms at sea, clamped down to the deck of a cargo ship. A standard length is 20 feet, although they come in other sizes. Heights typically range from 8 to 9.5 feet.
Does anyone have the dimensions and tare wgt of this specific shipping container. Usually dimensions and wgt are stenciled to them. Just curious. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member