GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

Ugh just woke up and checked this thread, and seeing that face he is making makes me so angry!

"NEWTON, N.C. – Using information from prior Hickory Daily Record reports, a copy of an Aug. 2 search warrant, Newton Police Chief Donald Brown’s news conference, numerous news releases from the Newton Police Department and interviews within the community, the Record has put together a timeline of events in the five-week long homicide investigation."

August 5, 2014: Timeline of events in Maggie Daniels case
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/t...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...hotos-showing.html#.U-D1W-O_RDR#storylink=cpy

"Odom, whom family and friends call “Crisspy,” was born in Charlotte and lived there until 2012.

In 2007, he formed a limited liability company and opened a car detailing business called Crisspy Clean, according to documents filed with the N.C. Secretary of State.

Five years later, he moved to the Windsor Apartments in Newton to be closer to his mother, his family said."

Thanks for above MSM links enzeder! Gives us a pretty good picture of what happened and appears LE should have lots of good evidence to convict - most likely Maggie has his DNA under her finger nails, and his hair is in her apt. and some of her DNA in his apt and the selfie he took showing bruises.
Too bad Maggie left her door unlocked... but what's really a shame is that this was allow to live among us after serving notice by his past actions that he is a .

So it appears that Odom was the man who visited Speed Latino on NW Blvd to pick up Maggie's vehicle on the same morning that she was found deceased.

Here's the video where a reporter spoke to the mechanic.
Monday, July 7, 2014: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/investigators-follow-leads-slain-counselor-case/ngZ9G/

Workers at a repair shop said State Bureau of Investigation agents visited them three times.

They said they worked on Daniels car in the days leading up to her murder.

They said investigators questioned them about a man who wanted to pick up the vehicle the morning she was found dead.

"They wanted to know what it looked like inside,” said Adam Stone, mechanic. “What he looked like. His appearance -- his demeanor and whether he looked flustered. And they wanted to know if he used the phone. They wanted our phone records.”

Nearby at a discount grocery, agents asked about the surveillance cameras around the building that sits across the parking lot from the repair shop.

"They were looking for any video they could get in the last 10 days. It's good to see them out working hard," said Max Mitchell, employee.

Why would he want to pick up her car? Boggled.
I'm really baffled by this too and especially on the same morning that Maggie was found. Still not clear if he actually did pick it up though?. What was he going to do with it anyway - bring it back to Maggie's apt?.

Perhaps he thought it would be a getaway car: The unrivaled stupidity of criminals never ceases to amaze me.

Also, their monstrosity. THAT never ceases to break my heart.

Perhaps he thought it would be a getaway car: The unrivaled stupidity of criminals never ceases to amaze me.

Also, their monstrosity. THAT never ceases to break my heart.
Would seem that would constitute an attempted larceny charge being added on after all one could argue successfully MD was not willingly open to giving her car to her murderer.

I'm really baffled by this too and especially on the same morning that Maggie was found. Still not clear if he actually did pick it up though?. What was he going to do with it anyway - bring it back to Maggie's apt?.
Kind of like this is the least I can do for you, type thing? Rhetorical.

Maybe he wanted an excuse why his DNA would be found in her car and in her home. That it would appear she gave him permission to get the car. He had to know they would find his DNA in her apartment. jmo

I'm thinking he possibly wanted the car to move her before she was found.

Also, how would he know where her car was? Stalk?

Also, how would he know where her car was? Stalk?

Either stalk, or maybe by searching through her purse/home, after the murder. Like you stated above, it makes sense that he would want to buy himself some time by moving the car...

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Very possible. This theory makes me wonder if all the hoopla leading up to the murder was premeditated or part in parcel to trying to establish that they had a relationship (not bf/gf) but to explain away the DNA that he knew they would soon find in her place cause he was going to rape her and kill her (yes, I said rape cause I believe he did since he was not there to rob her, nothing was taken). I'll connect with her on twitter to establish our friendship, get her car to leave prints in it, then claim we were buddies when they find her dead and my DNA at the scene.

Maybe he wanted an excuse why his DNA would be found in her car and in her home. That it would appear she gave him permission to get the car. He had to know they would find his DNA in her apartment. jmo

Wasn't Odom known to work on cars or detail cars or something like that? Wondering now if he used the pretext of something along those lines to strike up conversation with Maggie. That could explain how the location of her vehicle would come up.

So it appears that Odom was the man who visited Speed Latino on NW Blvd to pick up Maggie's vehicle on the same morning that she was found deceased.

Here's the video where a reporter spoke to the mechanic.
Monday, July 7, 2014: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/investigators-follow-leads-slain-counselor-case/ngZ9G/

Oh geez. This is what we've been wondering about. We suspected it was Mr. Car Detailer. Even more incriminating finds against Odom. But it is odd that he went to get her car. I agree with some of you other posters, maybe he was wanting to use it to move her body, buy some time. I don't know, still doesn't sit well.

And has it been clear whether he actually did get the car or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back