Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about how well known Jenise is in that park. I have a 6yo niece that would follow you anywhere for the promise of a strawberry. Her mom thinks it is funny and tells everyone. It terrifies me because it is like giving away the "keys" to a child that is already too trusting. How easy would it have been to learn what Jenise's weaknesses were?

But remember, even though she's only 6 years old and only three feet tall (!), she's very smart and usually checks in. SMH again.

YES! As soon as I heard that I thought.... oh no. Attributing adult traits on a child is a sign, a very bad sign, of neglect.

Reminds me of Aliahna Lemmon. Also in a mobile home park. The perp was a neighbor / "babysitter" who was even interviewed on TV. There were lots or sex offenders in that neighborhood.

Yep. And police had searched his trailer but did not know Aliahna was in his freezer. :sigh:

The sister interviewed on NG no longer lives at home, does she?

I don't think any neighbors saw this little one on Sun. I think she was gone before Sunday...

I want to say something about the homeless problem in Bremerton. I am from the midwest where I just did not seen homeless people, but here especially in Bremerton: because of so many churches and homeless feeding centers, the population has grown a lot over the years. IT is a HUGE problem for some of us. A lot of them are on drugs and in my opinion are mentally handicapped. Because they can go from place to place all week getting food from different locations all in Bremerton, many from all over the state are moving here.

It needs to be solved. Crime is increasing and LE tells me their hands are tied and they can do nothing. Bremerton mayor also has done nothing. Something needs to be done. And there is a camp very close to the community.

Wow. Good idea. Punish the mentally ill and send them somewhere else to be a problem in a different community. What should be done? Death to all homeless by firing squad? Yikes.

The sister interviewed on NG no longer lives at home, does she?

I don't think any neighbors saw this little one on Sun. I think she was gone before Sunday...

She said she lives about 100 miles away.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That is all..

It's too late for that. I think a lot of people who don't follow missing people have misplaced awe in the ability of tracking dogs; they're not super-human computers. They're better than nothing at all, and sometimes they are able to locate remains or living humans. I know they're supposed to attempt to track the "most recent" path someone took in an area, but this is a girl who wanders around that trailer park all day every day and now it's been 5 days since she was last seen. No way a dog is going to be able to sort out tracks made 5 days ago vs. 6 or 7 days ago. Add to that there have been hundreds of other footpaths carrying her footprint smell here and there all over that trailer park every single day since she was reported missing.

There is no way a dog could point out the last walking path this girl took. Although cadaver dogs might have some success.

That's exactly what I was afraid of ... :(

ETA .. And I was wondering if the dogs were cadaver dogs ... :(

The size being so off is why I question when her last well child appt was. Did her parents do anything?

They may be going off her last well visit appointment, possibly before she started Kindergarten. They also often measure them at school, my kids always came home with some "me' book from the beginning of each school year, "My heights is______, My weight is______, My eyes are________, My favorite food is____.

The weight is actually about right for a 5-6 year old female (I think it said 45?)

Another consideration: She's 1/4 Filipino. My kids are 1/2 Filipino and in my girl that translated to always being in the 1st-3rd percentile for height/weight. Teeny. She was wearing 3T when she started Kindergarten. When you put Asians on a U.S. Growth Chart, they generally fall on the small end. In the Philippines, my daughter would be considered quite average in height, while she was growing, and now. At 13, she's finally made it to 5 feet. They think she's about capped out in height. She's taller than her Filipino grandmother who is 4'10", and weighed 87 pounds the day she got married....at age 26!

Hey, NG viewers: did the sister who was interviewed say when she learned Jenise was missing? I'm just curious.

I keep thinking about how well known Jenise is in that park. I have a 6yo niece that would follow you anywhere for the promise of a strawberry. Her mom thinks it is funny and tells everyone. It terrifies me because it is like giving away the "keys" to a child that is already too trusting. How easy would it have been to learn what Jenise's weaknesses were?

XXXXXX XXXXXXX, 76, said she once woke up to find a 4-year-old Jenise standing on her front lawn wearing a man’s shirt.

“If someone pulled up with a chocolate or a puppy, she would come over to them and she would probably get in the car," said XXXXXX. "She is just such an outgoing girl, she would go with anyone.”

Jenise is of Caucasian and Filipino descent, 3 feet tall and 45 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. Anyone with information about her case can contact Kitsap County’s Sheriff’s Office at 360-308-5400.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...detector-test-article-1.1893012#ixzz39fOxxZuV

Typical 6 y/o - likes chocolate and puppies! :heartbeat:

Wow. Good idea. Punish the mentally ill and send them somewhere else to be a problem in a different community. What should be done? Death to all homeless by firing squad? Yikes.

I don't think anyone is advocating the punishment of the mentally ill homeless, but the fact is, it IS a huge problem for many communities, especially when rampant drug activity is involved. Drug activity = criminal activity of all levels. Even LE will admit to this. I'm not qualified to say what "should" be done but I certainly understand the frustration of those who are dealing with it in their communities.

I don't think the size is accurate. I would suspect she's the size of a 6 year old. She was 6, and already had a full set of adult teeth, which is advanced for that age. Many kids are just then losing their bottom teeth - she has adult teeth on her uppers. She's not the size of a 3 year old, IMHO.

I saw a picture of her next to what I assume is a classmate ... She's shorter but not much it appears. I wondered if the height was based on her last check up ... Maybe awhile ago :( and I also take into consideration that she is (I believe) Filipino and can be smaller in height ...

They may be going off her last well visit appointment, possibly before she started Kindergarten. They also often measure them at school, my kids always came home with some "me' book from the beginning of each school year, "My heights is______, My weight is______, My eyes are________, My favorite food is____.

The weight is actually about right for a 5-6 year old female (I think it said 45?)

Another consideration: She's 1/4 Filipino. My kids are 1/2 Filipino and in my girl that translated to always being in the 1st-3rd percentile for height/weight. Teeny. She was wearing 3T when she started Kindergarten. When you put Asians on a U.S. Growth Chart, they generally fall on the small end. In the Philippines, my daughter would be considered quite average in height, while she was growing, and now. At 13, a she's finally made it to 5 feet. They think she's about capped out in height. She's taller than her Filipino grandmother who is 4'10", and weighed 87 pounds the day she got married....at age 26!

My niece fits that description too. My late (Filipina) sister-in-law was well under 5' - I towered over her by the time I was 11. My niece is a bit taller but she has a very petite build. BTW, she's now a cop and can hold her own.

IMO Jenise's size makes her even more vulnerable. What a perfect storm.:(

The mentally ill can be quite dangerous and making it legal to sell pot doesn't help the situation. In fact, if your state makes it legal to sell pot you will probably have a higher population of homeless people. Don't get me wrong, from a family of paranoid schizophrenics, I know crazy and I have sympathy, but don't make it okay for them to buy drugs such as marijuana.

Jenice sounds like a very motivated little girl to make "Comet of the month!" That's so great! She is very smart! Let's hope she is found safe and doesn't have to come back to an environment that will bring her down instead of lift her up. She would be ecstatic to be "Comet of the month" this year too!

Maybe take them off the streets instead of living in the woods?? I have been aggressively approached twice at grocery store. I am afraid to walk in the public parks...I knew I would get a rise out of someone. Just what if it turns out is was a mentally disabled person that took J that was living in the woods??

I don't think anyone is advocating the punishment of the mentally ill homeless, but the fact is, it IS a huge problem for many communities, especially when rampant drug activity is involved. Drug activity = criminal activity of all levels. Even LE will admit to this. I'm not qualified to say what "should" be done but I certainly understand the frustration of those who are dealing with it in their communities.

Amen!

I have already said Bremerton is a hot bed of meth use I from first hand experience tho it was 19 years ago- and that can also explain the parents not knowing she was gone-they very well could have been asleep- coming off a meth binge you sleep like the dead.
I'm not saying this is the case here and pot use is irrelevant it's legal here.
To me it is pretty clear CPS had contact with this family because neighbors did report their concern not because of the accusations made in the past about the father.

This area was my home for more than 20 years I HATE that I know all the places being shown.

We are off to Silverdale tomorrow and my poor husband doesn't know it yet but if that little girl is still missing we're going to Bremerton as well (but after 34 years I'm betting he has a good idea this will happen.)

I think it could be highly likely - Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart - both taken by mentally deranged people who should not have been walking the streets.

What were the 'good parents' doing up until 10 pm ish that they couldn't make a few calls or simply WALK AROUND the park looking for Jenise? Really? She was gone ALL DAY. SMH

According to Jenise's dad's first on camera interview, they supposedly were walking around speaking to neighbors and searching the trailer park for her. IDK what time they started doing that though, obviously the police should have been called much sooner than 10PM if she hadn't been seen all day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy