Casey Kasem has passed away ~ Rest in peace, Casey

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...w-bill-to-help-children-visit-ailing-parents/

Kerri Kasem backs new bill to help children visit ailing parents

“Right now, there is no law that allows a judge to rule on just visitation,” Kerri Kasem told FOX411. “This law will allow a judge to just rule on visitation. There is no going after wills and the state. There is no dealing with a conservatorship. It is just visitation.”

According to Gatto (D-Los Angeles, author of the new Bill) as it currently stands, adult children are not afforded the legal right to visit an acutely ill parent. He says he has received thousands of letters from other children going through similar frustrations as Kerri.

“With the changes in family structure (divorce and remarriage becoming more prevalent) there is a greater possibility of conflict between a subsequent spouse and an ailing parent’s children from a previous marriage,” he explained. “In some cases, elderly parents are not even informed that their children wish to see them. Such conflicts are very painful and can mean that certain adult children do not get to see their parent(s) before they pass away and some people don’t even know where their parents are buried.”

August 14, 2014 12:00 AM
The body of DJ Casey Kasem, who died June 15 in Gig Harbor, Washington, is headed to Oslo, Norway, according to a report in the Norwegian newspaper VG, which was confirmed by Logan Clarke, a private investigator for Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem. He told The Hollywood Reporter, "He's going to be buried in Norway."
In the Norwegian press account, Wenche Madsen Eriksson, a government official, was quoted by reporter Marcus Husby saying, "It is arranged. He's going to Oslo." The report said the official would not specify which of Oslo's 20 cemeteries and one crematorium was chosen by Kasem's widow, Jean Kasem, who did not return THR's email. Her attorney declined to comment.
more at link: https://music.yahoo.com/news/casey-kasem-buried-norway-040045635.html

August 14, 2014 12:00 AM
The body of DJ Casey Kasem, who died June 15 in Gig Harbor, Washington, is headed to Oslo, Norway, according to a report in the Norwegian newspaper VG, which was confirmed by Logan Clarke, a private investigator for Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem. He told The Hollywood Reporter, "He's going to be buried in Norway."
In the Norwegian press account, Wenche Madsen Eriksson, a government official, was quoted by reporter Marcus Husby saying, "It is arranged. He's going to Oslo." The report said the official would not specify which of Oslo's 20 cemeteries and one crematorium was chosen by Kasem's widow, Jean Kasem, who did not return THR's email. Her attorney declined to comment.
more at link: https://music.yahoo.com/news/casey-kasem-buried-norway-040045635.html

How sad. Shaking head. This is a pretty cruel thing for Jean to do. So much for her lamenting how Casey was a legend and should be given the respect he deserves. She didn't respect him enough to follow his wishes about where he wanted to be buried.

How sad. Shaking head. This is a pretty cruel thing for Jean to do. So much for her lamenting how Casey was a legend and should be given the respect he deserves. She didn't respect him enough to follow his wishes about where he wanted to be buried.
She's ensuring that he's far, far away from his family and... her. Poor, poor Casey. Too bad he ever got involved with her. It's like burying Anna Nicole Smith and her son in the Bahamas. Ensures that noone will ever visit. Sad.
If she had loved Casey she would have visited all these places with him when he was able to enjoy them, not when he was dying and dead!

This insane. She is insane. I would fight this so much if some witch wanted to bury my father in norway..

That is so crappy.

disappointed but not shocked at this latest. :(

I agree.
It's not about what Casey Kasem wished for himself, it is what SHE wants to do.

She's ensuring that he's far, far away from his family and... her. Poor, poor Casey. Too bad he ever got involved with her. It's like burying Anna Nicole Smith and her son in the Bahamas. Ensures that noone will ever visit. Sad.
If she had loved Casey she would have visited all these places with him when he was able to enjoy them, not when he was dying and dead!

BBM
I agree.

Just have to say I am a firm believer in Karma and the adage "the world is round."

It is clear (to me) that jk does not hold even one iota of concern about the karma she is creating for herself (nor the pain and anguish she is causing for Casey's bloodline!). She will have to face her Maker (as my faith allows me to believe), and there will be no one for her to hide behind when that day comes.

She has consistently chosen to inflict the maximum amount of pain possible at every possible turn. It is difficult not to feel anything less than disgust and derision for her. SMH.

This turn of events has brought me out of :lurk: mode for because it (sadly) resonates.

My mother and I weren't close when my father passed away almost 20 years ago. She chose to spread his ashes, taking my pregnant younger sister on the trip, without me. For ten years, I had no idea where he was, and when I would ask, I was told, "Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Just go to the beach, you'll be close enough." :tears:

It crushed me. To this day, I still don't know the exact location. She's pushing 75, and says she can't remember. It was something I had to let go for the benefit of my family, but deep down inside, I've never gotten over it. It hurt, and it always will. Willingly separating a child(ren) from their deceased parent is beyond cruel - this I know for sure. :twocents:

:heartluv:

Jean has made such a farce out of the traveling she's done with Casey while he was dying and now his corpse that it's almost like "Weekend at Bernie's". If she truly loved him she would've gone to all these places with him while he was alive and able to enjoy traveling.

Can't they have her committed? If her behavior doesn't indicate insanity, I don't know what does.

IMO..She really is a mean woman and causes chaos and malcontent
I wonder if she will throw hamburger meat at the previous attorneys (from 2 different law firms) for taking her to court over non payment of legal services...she says the fees are unreasonable and unjustified....sheesh.

http://westsidetoday.com/2014/08/18...ee-request-regarding-conservatorship-husband/ AUGUST 18

Casey Kasem’s widow to consider any objections to fee request regarding conservatorship over her husband

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel Murphy denied Jean Kasem’s request for a 30-day delay so she could have more time to hire an attorney. She said many lawyers are on vacation and that she has not received all the documents concerning her late husband’s case from her former attorney, Steven Haney.

“I just lost my husband. I have no files,” Jean Kasem said.

Haney withdrew as Jean Kasem’s lawyer last month and stated in his court papers that she owed nearly $80,000 for his services and that she threatened to “ruin the law firm” if its members did not take “certain legal services on her behalf.”

And once again it's about Her and NOT about the wishes of Casey Kasem.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...m-to-be-buried-in-norway-wife-cites-heritage/

Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage

The wife of U.S. radio personality Casey Kasem has cited her Norwegian heritage as one of the reasons for wanting to bury her late husband in Oslo, a spokeswoman for the funeral service agency there said Tuesday.

And once again it's about Her and NOT about the wishes of Casey Kasem.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...m-to-be-buried-in-norway-wife-cites-heritage/

Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage

The wife of U.S. radio personality Casey Kasem has cited her Norwegian heritage as one of the reasons for wanting to bury her late husband in Oslo, a spokeswoman for the funeral service agency there said Tuesday.

I call BS on her reasoning. I didn't believe she has any Norwegian bloodlines. I bet it has more to do with their laws about burials and it's the furthest place she could get Casey away from the people who loved him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Norway doesn't allow people to be moved once buried. Meaning that even after Jean dies Casey could never be moved back to the location he wanted to be his final resting place. Jean was smart enough to make sure his body was flown outside the US while she finishes up her "plans" for his burial. She wanted to make sure no US court would have jurisdiction.

I found this online - granted there's no evidence confirming this is where Mr. Kasem is to be buried. However, it may shed light as to why jk selected Norway:

(snip)

Human remains may be disinterred from a lot, provided that the interment rights holder and the next of kin of the deceased have given the cemetery written consent (authorization) and the medical officer of health has been notified. A certificate from the local medical officer of health must be received at the cemetery office before the removal of casketed human remains may take place. A certificate from the local medical officer of health is not required for the removal of cremated remains. A burial certificate under the Vital Statistics Act in not required to re-inter human remains that have been disinterred, according to the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 and regulations.

In special circumstances the removal of human remains may also be ordered by certain public officials without the consent of the interment rights holder and/or next of kin.

:(

via
http://www.stjohnsnorwaycemetery.ca...rway-Cemetery-and-Crematorium-By-laws-WEB.pdf

:moo:

ETA: I found this while researching Norwegian burial laws. I realize it does not apply to the case completely (how can it, as this seems to become more and more bizarre, and heartbreakingly unbelievable?). However, the point I (guess) I was trying to make is to try to figure out why she chose Norway. Is there a particular reason?

Maybe yes, maybe no; however, I believe this is another calculated step on jk's part. I will keep searching..... (And I think I need some :coffeews: ! :blushing: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this online - granted there's no evidence confirming this is where Mr. Kasem is to be buried. However, it may shed light as to why jk selected Norway:

(snip)

Human remains may be disinterred from a lot, provided that the interment rights holder and the next of kin of the deceased have given the cemetery written consent (authorization) and the medical officer of health has been notified. A certificate from the local medical officer of health must be received at the cemetery office before the removal of casketed human remains may take place. A certificate from the local medical officer of health is not required for the removal of cremated remains. A burial certificate under the Vital Statistics Act in not required to re-inter human remains that have been disinterred, according to the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 and regulations.

In special circumstances the removal of human remains may also be ordered by certain public officials without the consent of the interment rights holder and/or next of kin.

:(

via
http://www.stjohnsnorwaycemetery.ca...rway-Cemetery-and-Crematorium-By-laws-WEB.pdf

:moo:

ETA: I found this while researching Norwegian burial laws. I realize it does not apply to the case completely (how can it, as this seems to become more and more bizarre, and heartbreakingly unbelievable?). However, the point I (guess) I was trying to make is to try to figure out why she chose Norway. Is there a particular reason?

Maybe yes, maybe no; however, I believe this is another calculated step on jk's part. I will keep searching..... (And I think I need some :coffeews: ! :blushing: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully agree there is a reason Jean selected Norway for the burial. It certainly has nothing to do with her heritage.

I may be the only person to not know the answer but did Jean and Casey have any children together? tia

This is so messy and sad and it's like some sick carnival side show attraction being made out of America's
musical legend . Disturbing does not come close.

Casey STILL isn't resting in peace? He'd be spinning in his grave... if he had one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back