MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Snap is right ! He wrote a lengthy reply to the STL newspaper article. It appears on a pathology blog that cannot be linked here. But yes he does make that statement in his reply. Johnson County KS (where his office is and where he lives) just spent millions on a new Coroners office and pathology lab. Also KU has a nationally well known medical school (including Pathology). IMO there is absolutely no excuse for him not to get any further education in the field and become accredited.

Further down (if you find the blog) there are comments from people in the field that would make your stand up. LOL It took me Pepto-Bismol for my stomach nausea and tissue for the tears from laughing so hard at his answers to allegations.

JMO's
Jumping off your post...

The idea that DR. Mary Casy made that statment b/c she's seeking to discredit the Browns autopsy is a stretch, consider this article...dated MAY 2013 well before his appearance alongside Baden.

Others, such as Dr. Mary Case, the medical examiner for St. Louis, St. Charles, Franklin and Jefferson counties, have been outspoken about the allegations against Parcells.

“It’s very bad for our state if there’s someone doing autopsies without a medical license,” she said. “This is a huge atrocity, an invitation to disaster, and it needs to stop.”

And yes when asked to respond to these criticisms.....

For his part, Parcells says that he has made enemies throughout his career, but only because people resent his success and don’t give him credit for his experience.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_0662e5b1-dcfa-578f-9487-8ab6a176ea4d.html

Eta..

Loads, and loads more at the link

Of course it is idiotic, improper, and crude to express his client's grief in a *** measurable *** term, i.e. 10x the grief. For instance, what about Brendan Tevlin's parents grief? Were they 15 1/2 x the grief of Maggie Daniel's parents or MB's for that matter? One can not measure or compare grief in that way.

However, since he is a lawyer and knowing how lawyers settle claims, they are used to going for the $$$ settlements based on measureable factors. Loss of limb in an accident will get you 2 times your yearly salary....you know, that kind of thing. So I think he was just displaying an unlikeable lawyer-type of lingo.

Well he needs to start talking in momma lingo if he's going to be talking about momma grief.

How did Michael Brown get so far away from the Police car if he was not running? Anyone know that answer? If he did in fact, run after being shot once, then turn and yell not to shoot, then he could have been running, turned and was then shot, what 5-6 more times? Of course he then would not be shot in the back, would he?

I am trying to keep an open mind here, I do not think that Michael was a "choir boy" nor do I think that even if the cop knew he had stolen cigarillos (which it appears that he did not know this), that Michael Brown deserved to be told to get the F out of the street, or deserved to be shot, what 5-6 times?

Can cops speak nicely to teens, or are they taught to yell at them? This I do not know, but I do know it can escalate a situation quickly.

The cop, by then, was mad, was not going to wait for backup, so shot. I am sure that that police force could have located Michael even if he did run and hide somewhere, he was known and his friend was hiding next to the parked car.

I hope that I lived to see the day when these situations can be discussed without ever using the words black or white. I worry every day about my husband and three sons, will they be stopped by the police, did I teach them enough to be polite and not agitate, will they be safe? If something happens, will someone come to their rescue?

Blessings. I worry about the men in my family too for the same reasons. Last weekend we were talking worriedly about my nephew moving into a certain neighborhood with his wife and baby. It's a city neighborhood, blue collar working class and historically Hispanic and black, but gentrifying rapidly - we weren't concerned so much about any attitude on the part of residents as we were about him being harassed by cops. Sadly we all advised against the neighborhood for that reason. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC MB graduated from an "alternative" high school. There was an interview with his teacher very early on but I cannot find the link. If that be the case there would be reasons MB was no longer in a regular education program.

One of my best friends is a teacher at an "alternative" junior and senior high school and has been since serving two rotations in Iraq as a Staff Sgt.. He tells me almost every time we talk that his most challenging part of his job is absentee and uninvolved parents. His students have been kicked out of regular schools, mainly due to behavioral problems. And this is in the NYC Public School system so I'm sure you could imagine. The classes at this school are a "last ditch effort" to educate these kids. Seventh through Twelfth grades. In most cases parents of these kids are in total denial regarding their kids, thinking they are all angels and the problems are the school's problem. It's sad.

JMO's

Yeah, apparently unaccredited Normandy had "alternative" requirements for graduating some students. And MB finally finished just this month

And there you go. This is ALL about the Benjamins. That is why all these people have attorneys they can't afford. All the race hustlers want their piece of the millions of dollars of judgement money.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat

What is a "race hustler" please?

Maybe the struggle was because the officer had the gun in MB's face and MB grabbed it to avoid getting shot in the head?? The question isn't just "did Wilson kill MB with malicious intent?"... (Although that is entirely possible) but the question could also be "did Wilson follow proper procedures, did he warn MB to back off, did he tell him to get on his knees with hands over his head... There are a lot of possibilities that could have made this an unjust killing that many folks are forgetting or ignoring.

ALSO, they lied about the fracture... I can definitely see this "punch" being false as well... Heck the whole bruising could be false or greatly exaggerated ... Again. We just don't know... And vilifying a kid before an investigation is complete is premature to say the least.

[h=1]Missouri Revised Statutes[/h][SIZE=+2]Chapter 563
Defense of Justification

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap563.htm[/SIZE]

why can't teens respect authority, especially LE regardless of color?

And who walks down the middle of a busy road which leads directly into a (section 8) apt complex

What does the apartment being section 8 have to do with anything?

Brown family lawyer refers to ..."secret grand jury" like it's something dirty and underhanded.
WTH?

Why does no one take the time to explain the decedent has to lay there until forensics and coroner are done????
Why allow his parents to remain ignorant of procedures?

So on CNN the newscaster is saying it could ' BE CRUCIAL' to the case that the eye socket was not fractured. :waitasec:

Do you not think that this is an extremely important fact?? It sure was important around here when folks were duped into thinking it was true.

Brown family lawyer refers to ..."secret grand jury" like it's something dirty and underhanded.
WTH?

wait ! The StL County Grand Jury follows procedures which are Public Knowledge - how can an atty be so daft? Oh, yeah - catering to the masses

What is a "race hustler" please?

Some that uses their race to make money at the expense of those less fortunate.

IMO

Blessings. I worry about the men in my family too for the same reasons. Last weekend we were talking worriedly about my nephew moving into a certain neighborhood with his wife and baby. It's a city neighborhood, blue collar working class and historically Hispanic and black, but gentrifying rapidly - we weren't concerned so much about any attitude on the part of residents as we were about him being harassed by cops. Sadly we all advised against the neighborhood for that reason. :(

And that just proves that no one is immune to bias.
We all have our own preconceived notions.

Yep and Dorian was the one who said he saw MB get shot in his back...............
So, there's that.
Oh, and Dorian said he had just caught up with MB and started walking with him 20 minutes before this happened......
So there's that, too.
I can easily picture someone getting shot from behind and hitting the back of arm but it appearing like it was the back.. Can definitely see that..... So there's that..

Do you not think that this is an extremely important fact?? It sure was important around here when folks were duped into thinking it was true.

Because CNN reported this? I will wait to see what's presented to GJ

Of course, it's an extremely important fact, but from CNN? Local StL has already confirmed some erroneous stuff that LSM is still reporting :)

Doesn't matter to me either way...assaulting a cop and trying to take his weapon = justifiable shoot.

Assaulting a cop and trying to take his gun are both assumptions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH