MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports coming from all different news stories, say that a fracture was ruled out, so maybe everyone can get past that made up story.

I'll wait to see what was presented to the GJ, thank you very much

in my opinion, he was being very divisive. He was elevating her level of grief by 10x. Saying her experience was ten times another parent's experience would be, in viewing THEIR child at the morgue. I was questioning his purpose or his reasoning, for making that distinction. Is her grief 10x the level of a parent of a leukemia victim or a car accident or a serial killer? I don't understand WHY the attorney added that 10x the grief into his statement.

Of course it is idiotic, improper, and crude to express his client's grief in a *** measurable *** term, i.e. 10x the grief. For instance, what about Brendan Tevlin's parents grief? Were they 15 1/2 x the grief of Maggie Daniel's parents or MB's for that matter? One can not measure or compare grief in that way.

However, since he is a lawyer and knowing how lawyers settle claims, they are used to going for the $$$ settlements based on measureable factors. Loss of limb in an accident will get you 2 times your yearly salary....you know, that kind of thing. So I think he was just displaying an unlikeable lawyer-type of lingo.

[h=1]POLL: Two in Three Americans Don’t Know Enough to Say Whether Shooting of Michael Brown Was Warranted[/h]
Overall, nearly two in three Americans don’t know enough to say whether the incident that sparked the unrest – the shooting of Michael Brown – was warranted. Whites and blacks differ on this question as well: 57 percent of African-Americans think it was not justified, while more than two-thirds of whites (68 percent) feel they don’t know enough to say.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08...ther-shooting-of-michael-brown-was-warranted/

Right, but he apparently did NOT have his hands up and was approaching the officer, who had already yelled FREEZE.

Have you seen any eye witness reports saying the cop yelled freeze or that he did NOT have his hands up?

Maybe the struggle was because the officer had the gun in MB's face and MB grabbed it to avoid getting shot in the head?? The question isn't just "did Wilson kill MB with malicious intent?"... (Although that is entirely possible) but the question could also be "did Wilson follow proper procedures, did he warn MB to back off, did he tell him to get on his knees with hands over his head... There are a lot of possibilities that could have made this an unjust killing that many folks are forgetting or ignoring.

ALSO, they lied about the fracture... I can definitely see this "punch" being false as well... Heck the whole bruising could be false or greatly exaggerated ... Again. We just don't know... And vilifying a kid before an investigation is complete is premature to say the least.

So the kids are jaywalking and the cop just, for no reason, pulls a gun and puts it to MB's head? Maybe, but after seeing MB in action, 10 minutes prior, I doubt it. MB was already in an aggressive mode. So I tend to believe that HE was the aggressor here. The cop was sitting in broad daylight in front of hundreds of balconies and windows. He would not have drawn that weapon, unprovoked by a prior attack, imo.

Even the witnesses say there was an attack. Dorian even admits that when the officer tried to step out of the car, the door slammed back on him. Sounds like he was admitting the beginning of the attack right then.

How did Michael Brown get so far away from the Police car if he was not running? Anyone know that answer? If he did in fact, run after being shot once, then turn and yell not to shoot, then he could have been running, turned and was then shot, what 5-6 more times? Of course he then would not be shot in the back, would he?

I am trying to keep an open mind here, I do not think that Michael was a "choir boy" nor do I think that even if the cop knew he had stolen cigarillos (which it appears that he did not know this), that Michael Brown deserved to be told to get the F out of the street, or deserved to be shot, what 5-6 times?

Can cops speak nicely to teens, or are they taught to yell at them? This I do not know, but I do know it can escalate a situation quickly.

The cop, by then, was mad, was not going to wait for backup, so shot. I am sure that that police force could have located Michael even if he did run and hide somewhere, he was known and his friend was hiding next to the parked car.

I hope that I lived to see the day when these situations can be discussed without ever using the words black or white. I worry every day about my husband and three sons, will they be stopped by the police, did I teach them enough to be polite and not agitate, will they be safe? If something happens, will someone come to their rescue?

why can't teens respect authority, especially LE regardless of color?

And who walks down the middle of a busy road which leads directly into a (section 8) apt complex

Maybe the struggle was because the officer had the gun in MB's face and MB grabbed it to avoid getting shot in the head?? The question isn't just "did Wilson kill MB with malicious intent?"... (Although that is entirely possible) but the question could also be "did Wilson follow proper procedures, did he warn MB to back off, did he tell him to get on his knees with hands over his head... There are a lot of possibilities that could have made this an unjust killing that many folks are forgetting or ignoring.

ALSO, they lied about the fracture... I can definitely see this "punch" being false as well... Heck the whole bruising could be false or greatly exaggerated ... Again. We just don't know... And vilifying a kid before an investigation is complete is premature to say the least.

Who is "they" in "they lied"?

He's 18

He committed a strong arm robbery. He was a criminal.

I do not believe he was shot for no good reason or because the officer hated black guys, or Wilson was just having a bad day.

all IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't someone ask Baden his opinion, instead of putting words in his mouth. St. Louis Co. does have an incentive for this case to go away, so it is in her favor to cast doubt on another potentially contrary report.

-JMO

Dr. Baden has said no comment. Dr. Baden and Dr. Case have both publicly stated that they have respect for each other. I think Dr. Baden was hoodwinked. jmo

Have you seen any eye witness reports saying the cop yelled freeze or that he did NOT have his hands up?

yep, newest CNN witness said he did not see the victim with his hands up.

why can't teens respect authority, especially LE regardless of color?

And who walks down the middle of a busy road which leads directly into a (section 8) apt complex

Immediately after committing a strong armed robbery? Only a fool looking for more trouble. IMO

1. No fracture not all that compelling...both versions come from "sources". That they took x-rays looking for fractures supports some type of trauma to face.

2. Fail to see how anyone can see evidence or no evidence of orbital fracture from Crenshaw's video.

3. After watching the video of Wilson, I am even more convinced Piaget didn't see the shooting.

BBM
Because Wilson looks to me like he is pacing back and forth trying to figure out what the hell just happened, if he had sustained a blowout fracture his face would be covered in blood and he would be on his hands and knees in pain and would stay in extreme pain until he got to hospital and was administered strong pain meds

Proof that the Wilson was assaulted please? Or even an eye witness report? I am open to anything other than dribble from another "unknown source" or more lies from parties only interested in showing MB in a bad light.

Even the Brown family attorney admits there was a 'serious situation' going on at the car.

I think you have some valid points and questions. But what I am questioning is this: if vilifying a "kid" before an investigation is complete is too premature, then why doesn't that also apply to the protestor/rioters? Shouldn't they have waited it out before getting very angry?

And I'm not positive about this (maybe someone else saw)
I think DJ's attorney last night said that it was MB (not DJ) who explained to the officer that they were almost to their destination. And there was something like the boys challenging DW about it being a crime for walking in the street (like: I'm not moving out of the street- you're just harassing us type of thing, I took it as) Anyone else see that? I thought it was a slightly altered version of the original encounter when I heard it.

Yep and Dorian was the one who said he saw MB get shot in his back...............
So, there's that.
Oh, and Dorian said he had just caught up with MB and started walking with him 20 minutes before this happened......
So there's that, too.

Oh Snap is right ! He wrote a lengthy reply to the STL newspaper article. It appears on a pathology blog that cannot be linked here. But yes he does make that statement in his reply. Johnson County KS (where his office is and where he lives) just spent millions on a new Coroners office and pathology lab. Also KU has a nationally well known medical school (including Pathology). IMO there is absolutely no excuse for him not to get any further education in the field and become accredited.

Further down (if you find the blog) there are comments from people in the field that would make your stand up. LOL It took me Pepto-Bismol for my stomach nausea and tissue for the tears from laughing so hard at his answers to allegations.

JMO's

Goody! Running off to read now

BBM
Because Wilson looks to me like he is pacing back and forth trying to figure out what the hell just happened, if he had sustained a blowout fracture his face would be covered in blood and he would be on his hands and knees in pain and would stay in extreme pain until he got to hospital and was administered strong pain meds

Not necessarily. My son suffered that injury. didn't look horrific till later. No blood, not even tears.

I won't bore everyone with details again, if you're interested look at my posts, photo included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members