MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this out--it is being discussed on another blog that I can't link, but I think it is a big deal. This press conference with Daryl Parks was held on Friday August 15. At about 12:55, a reporter asks Parks if the 2nd autopsy was completed and he says YES. However, Baden did not fly into St. Louis until the 17th to do the autopsy.

Whaddya think?

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/live-...-the-media-from-ferguson-police-headquarters/

Very interesting!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not in terms of fracture vs. no fracture. One can have a serious injury that has no visible fracture. I think the crucial question is whether MB punched the cop in the face or not. Not whether the punch fractured his socket or not. jmo
common sense

Some that uses their race to make money at the expense of those less fortunate.

IMO

Maybe they're the only ones who listen to poor black people. Even if their motive is dirty, they're guaranteed to get attention to a cause. Ask yourself why they have a platform. No one else cares. (And that's not to say that they do - but they are useful to get attention to an issue).

Also, I find it pretty condescending that people think of blacks as being easily hoodwinked by "hustlers" lol.

Because CNN reported this? I will wait to see what's presented to GJ

Of course, it's an extremely important fact, but from CNN? Local StL has already confirmed some erroneous stuff that LSM is still reporting :)
Agree 100%

Proof that the Wilson was assaulted please? Or even an eye witness report? I am open to anything other than dribble from another "unknown source" or more lies from parties only interested in showing MB in a bad light.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been submitted to the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney and will be shared with a grand jury now weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7524ea-293c-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

any kind of injury & fear for my own well being IMHO is justification for self-defense

However, you have no evidence to even base your speculation. It is a bias or anecdotal experience which is not very persuasive.

You state there is speculation about Officer Wilson, but I have not seen much. Please point out something comparable where they are speculating it was because he was protecting his live-in girlfriend's criminal activity or something else just "speculating." This website would never allow that sort of comment. However, an accomplice of the alleged victim is open season.

You take something that is more than likely innocuous than nefarious, spin it into something criminal and seem to imply DJ has some responsibility in getting MB killed.

I am not asking you or anyone else to not speculate. You explained yourself, and if you feel I still don't understand, feel free to respond. I will read it and let it go, since this getting a bit off-topic.

We couldn't post about Rachel Janteel when it was obvious she was not a minor and were called stalkers, etc. in the Martin-Zimmerman case. There is a double standard in this case. It is open season anyone associated with M. Brown. I realize it is a difficult case to moderate, because Brown and Wilson can both be considered victims.

-JMO

The 'evidence' for my speculation is the type of stolen merchandise, and the purported record of DJ, and the fact that he lied a few times in his original version of events. Given ALL of that, I wondered out loud, if he had dumped some weed at home before returning to the scene. I dont think it is that big of a jump.

If all you know is being hassled by police - especially if you are perceived as being the wrong color for a neighborhood - how is it bias to avoid that?

I will be very upfront and say I have NEVER had a pleasant run in with police until very recently. And I am one of the lighter skinned people in my family. And a woman. But in my 41 (ack) years, the vast majority of interactions have been with rude, arrogant, and needlessly antagonistic cops. I won't even get into that crap I've seen males have to deal with. Awful. When someone can have their head slammed into a cruiser hood repeatedly until they are bloody, and then be charged with "resising arrest", all because they said "what'd I do?!", when the cops can speak to you like you're a piece of dirt an question your presence because they think you don't fit in the neighborhood profile... Just for two examples... Something has to change.

Pffft.

I'm blonde, blue white as they come and I've had my share of rude, arrogant and biligerant interactions with police...for doing nothing more than being nosey and trying to see what was going on...broken tail light..concert parking lots...being lost in an area I didn't belong in... etc....

I can easily picture someone getting shot from behind and hitting the back of arm but it appearing like it was the back.. Can definitely see that..... So there's that..

An arm that looks like a back? Those body parts don't appear similar to me.

You can see that?

I just can't see it

[h=1]POLL: Two in Three Americans Don’t Know Enough to Say Whether Shooting of Michael Brown Was Warranted[/h]
Overall, nearly two in three Americans don’t know enough to say whether the incident that sparked the unrest – the shooting of Michael Brown – was warranted. Whites and blacks differ on this question as well: 57 percent of African-Americans think it was not justified, while more than two-thirds of whites (68 percent) feel they don’t know enough to say.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08...ther-shooting-of-michael-brown-was-warranted/

so very telling IMHO what's important to whom . . .

more statistics :) I live & work here (well, in the shadow of the AB Brewery 15 miles away from ground zero) and we/dart team don't even discuss it. We did at 1st but then once facts started coming out, we skirt the issue.

Serious situation doesn't mean MB was attacking or assaulting Wilson... Again, these are all assumptions

Dude, why would MB be in contact with OW to begin with. Your thoughts please

You may have missed a couple of days here.

Several members here and/or their family members have had that type of fracture.

That's simply not the case
Fair enough... I am speaking from experience as a health care practitioner who has had to treat these injuries numerous times... To ME it did not look whatsoever like Wilson had suffered that type of injury.

And it appears I was correct.

I was going to say the same thing. Whites don't talk about cause they are then accused of being racist. Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UNFORTUNATELY..

I have to agree I don't think it matters what issue someone of any color as a Caucasian you are made to feel uncomfortable about discussing the subject or giving your opinion under the canopy of not understanding. Do I think all racial bias is eradicated? No. But I find that many of the issues that are clothed with racism are in fact universal and not about race but CHARACTER!

As a nation we've changed so much in regard to respecting others, self reliance and self respect. I would have never disrespected a teacher, an adult or anyone in authority as a kid, young adult heck even now I still won't drink alcohol in front of my parents lol.

But for some time children have had free pass to disrespect others and themselves they've grown up and raising children even more disrespectful. I think it's more socio-economic, the disappearance of morals, lack of manners and blatant disregard for others which is magnified in homes where parents are not united in their parenting. My parents divorced when I was 10yrs old and they hated each other but instead of using us against each other they found a way to unite for our benefit.

But I don't know when you try to bring attention to social issues that start in the home not racial you get lip service about Ozzy & Harriet, not everyone has both parents in home, or one parent doesn't participate or that so ann so kid did xyz and they are (insert respected career). Instilling values in your children may not solve all the world's problems but probably make a huge dent.

And to those who say it's cultural thing as justification for negative behavior I call BS remember once upon a time it was American culture for women to not be able to vote or acceptable that her husband hits her. JMHO

The known facts HAVE NOT changed.
MB stole from a convenience store then assaulted the employee.
MB walked in the middle of the street , ignoring LE's plea to get
on the sidewalk.
MB broke the law twice...at least.
MB should have listened to LEO W.

why is this so hard to grasp?
It is not hard to grasp at all... But if that was Wilson's reason for killing MB then he is going to jail.

Very interesting!!!!

Yes, it is especially considering everything we now know about Parcells. Unfortunately, it is going to be very damaging to Baden's reputation once the MSM get wind of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn