VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who was always the drunk one...I agree.

:twocents: think of a college town like a concert. There are always drunk people. It is common. And people that are drunk or on drugs are not rational. Being the only non drinker that I knew in college, and know now, I know very well that more often then not you can not 'take care' of a drunk person. They don't think they are impaired, they'll ignore, argue, act idiotic. Jmo

I do wish young people would stick to a buddy system and not break off from the group...just like Lauren, things go wrong. And somehow, colleges need to gets students to think more about people wandering off solo, to check they made it home, Imo. I wish they had to sign into dorms at night. Imo this is the time of life when people are likely the most careless or uninhibited about their movements, their safety etc.
I don't know what it will take to help keep college students safe. Look at how many young men have ended up in rivers over the past several years after leaving a bar alone.

I am sure her parents would never have thought Hannah would walk around alone at night.

I know there was much talk in Morgan Harrington's case about how UVA was trying to keep them from being in the spotlight...was mention of rich neighborhoods, prestigue college, didn't want reputation tarnished, etc. To my knowledge, I'm not seeing that this time. Morgan wasn't a student there, she was in Va Tech. But Hanna is a student there. Perhaps that's the difference?

IMO!!

As for her actions, etc., in the released videos, I don't know what to think to be honest. If she was really drunk, she doesn't react the way that I do. I'm looking for a place to go to sleep!!! In my much younger years, I attended many parties, bon fire parties, bar hopping, etc. I've seen those tipsy that are hanging all over men, etc. But truly drunk?? I have never seen someone walking this place, and that, or even attempting to RUN anywhere while that drunk! Not at 18. Now an alcoholic, sure, they have built up more of a tolerance, and I've seen them do some pretty stupid things. Some could have drank a whole 12 pack and still be standing, and dancing, and flirting, etc.

Maybe college students can handle lots of alcohol and still be running, and walking for miles. I haven't been in that scene in forever. It almost appears like paranoid movements. I don't know. There were plenty of people around at different times during her trek. We don't know who might have tried to help her, if anyone did. We don't know if she spoke to anyone or not.

I just pray she's found, and if someone harmed there, that person is found and convicted.

I do wish young people would stick to a buddy system and not break off from the group...just like Lauren, things go wrong. And somehow, colleges need to gets students to think more about people wandering off solo, to check they made it home, Imo. I wish they had to sign into dorms at night. Imo this is the time of life when people are likely the most careless or uninhibited about their movements, their safety etc.
I don't know what it will take to help keep college students safe. Look at how many young men have ended up in rivers over the past several years after leaving a bar alone.

I am sure her parents would never have thought Hannah would walk around alone at night.

This post reminds me again that Hannah was still only 18. She is the age that many first year/Freshman are. Most universities require Freshman to live on campus. With that in mind, maybe they should require anyone under 19 to live on campus. Many high school seniors are 18 going on 19 when they graduate. An 18 year old college sophomore is still the same age as so many high school seniors.

Yeah, college campuses are Mecca for sexual predators. While freedom to make one's own choices is a key feature of college, it wouldn't hurt if those were educated choices. I think part of orientation should include mandatory education in this regard - with tests.

All I can say is that I'm thanking the Lord for my college sisters. They stopped me from leaving a party and wandering on streets downtown at least once after a few bad decisions...just a reminder that we need to look out for each other.

I know there was much talk in Morgan Harrington's case about how UVA was trying to keep them from being in the spotlight...was mention of rich neighborhoods, prestigue college, didn't want reputation tarnished, etc. To my knowledge, I'm not seeing that this time. Morgan wasn't a student there, she was in Va Tech. But Hanna is a student there. Perhaps that's the difference?...
Respectfully snipped

Chief of CPD, Longo, made it abundantly clear in that first press conference, that CPD was not ever in charge of the Morgan Harrington investigation. UVA and after she was found the VSP controlled that case. CPD and UVA have traditionally had two very different agendas that seem to have clashed over the years.

IMO, UVA wants to protect their reputation and sometimes it seems at the expense of their young students. They have had two or three very high profile cases in the past few years and it seems that they may be coming to realize that it is better to work more concertedly with CPD in order to preserve the prestige and status they once had. Unlike VCUPD & the RPD who work very closely with each other and even overlap in so much of their jurisdictional control, IMO, it has not been that way with UVA. There seems to have been almost some animosity between the City and the University. Since the economics of Charlottesville rely so heavily on the resources of the University, I believe that CPD has often been harnessed by both pressure from the university as well as the city government. Just look at what happened with the Hugely case. He had been disciplined even arrested on some violent charges prior to killing his girlfriend but the university didn't even sanction this college athlete.

In Morgan's case, there was that sense that she wasn't seen as a part of their university community. The university's administration even seemed to be keeping the names of the basketball players under wraps. And as far as I know, any changes re: security and safety at JPJ only changed because of the public outcry and disdain coming from the community at large.
It's almost as if Longo was saying let me show you (UVA) how we solve a crime.

So, arrest by morning? Since no video of the perp was released, you have to assume they edited him out and were watching right after they released stuff. Solid strategy. Don't take this the wrong way, but Longo is cold-blooded. He will crack this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, arrest by morning? Since no video of the perp was released, you have to assume they edited him out and were watching right after they released stuff. Solid strategy. Don't take this the wrong way, but Longo is cold-blooded. He will crack this thing.

Man I sure hope so. Can't think of anything better ATM than to wake up to this cat in custody and talking. Would also be great if his DNA was ultimately matched to Morgan.

This was just something that occurred to me tonight and I don't know if anyone's brought it up (these threads are moving so fast!), but the kind of person who'd drape a victim's t-shirt over a bush so as to be easily found (as in MH's case), is exactly the type of person who'd send a fake text from a victim's phone. :(

Man I sure hope so. Can't think of anything better ATM than to wake up to this cat in custody and talking. Would also be great if his DNA was ultimately matched to Morgan.

They released a description of Morgan's suspected killer to a T. Not a coincidence. Plus, there was a red alert given at another nearby college campus recently. He's active, and has been spotted.

You can't rule out all possibilities. If everyone were to think like you then do you know how many killers would go free everyday? He is still a person of interest. And do you mean Hannah?

Yes, I know its Hannah and I feel bad for getting her name wrong. It's one of those innocent brain hiccups and I absolutely meant no disrespect. I respectfully disagree with your notion that you can't rule out all possibilities. That's how investigators work -- they rule out suspects to narrow their focus. That is what they have done here. The white guy from the video is absolutely NOT a person of interest and the police have made it clear.

Tonight I had a few beers. As sick and twisted as it may sound, I wanted to feel how she may have felt (because I'm entrenched in this case). I haven't drank in awhile and I wanted to remember how it felt, to be buzzed/drunk. I am a small women and it hit me quick and I was struck with the feelings of disassociation (even as I walked my dogs in my own neighborhood). Alone, I felt afraid and vulnerable. A neighbor stopped to chat with me, I felt a million miles away. Although I was thankful for the friendly face, I wasn't "me."

So I guess my point in this post is........ she was a college student. Many of us have been in her shoes. Drunk, drugged or not, she was an innocent and she is missing and I'm so very sad for her, her family and friends. God, this could have been me, so many times it could have been me..... (as it may/could have been you). I feel helpless behind this keyboard and wish I could do more.

Where is she?????

Sounds like the RSO!

Which RSO? If I recall correctly he was mentioned in the previous thread yes? Is this the same one you are talking about? I think he was posted in here because he lives not too far from the area Hannah was last seen?? I don't have time to go back and search the last thread..

They released a description of Morgan's suspected killer to a T. Not a coincidence. Plus, there was a red alert given at another nearby college campus recently. He's active, and has been spotted.

I totally agree. This is too close and too similar of a case for it to be someone else. There is the small chance that I'm wrong, but the odds are overwhelming in favor of it being Harrington's perp. I did hear about the "alert" given at Washington and Lee. I tend to want to discount that because it was based on a random woman saying she saw a man matching the description in a restaurant. There's is absolutely no way to know it was him due to her simply basing her observation to a police sketch. There's many men who could match such a description IMO.

They released a description of Morgan's suspected killer to a T. Not a coincidence. Plus, there was a red alert given at another nearby college campus recently. He's active, and has

Seems much larger than the MH POI to me. And someone who has never been identified can't be spotted, Imo. It just means someone who resembled a drawing was seen. With so many false sightings of missing persons, not sure this sighting would be any more authentic, especially since there are no photos.

that's right. wasn't the MH perp seen maybe the same day HG went missing? It was reported on 9/15 and they said he was seen a few days before and it was reported a few days later. that would mean MH's killer was seen on the day of or the day before HG went missing. hence the red alert at another nearby college.
and didn't MH go missing the same weekend in Sept? what about the others missing in the past 5 years? when did they go missing?
this guy preys on new freshman looking to make friends and new to the area?

Tonight I had a few beers. As sick and twisted as it may sound, I wanted to feel how she may have felt (because I'm entrenched in this case). I haven't drank in awhile and I wanted to remember how it felt, to be buzzed/drunk. I am a small women and it hit me quick and I was struck with the feelings of disassociation (even as I walked my dogs in my own neighborhood). Alone, I felt afraid and vulnerable. A neighbor stopped to chat with me, I felt a million miles away. Although I was thankful for the friendly face, I wasn't "me."

So I guess my point in this post is........ she was a college student. Many of us have been in her shoes. Drunk, drugged or not, she was an innocent and she is missing and I'm so very sad for her, her family and friends. God, this could have been me, so many times it could have been me..... (as it may/could have been you). I feel helpless behind this keyboard and wish I could do more.

Where is she?????

Yeah, it's bothering me tonight as well. I really am worried about her, and fear the worst. I'm praying for the best, though.

that's right. wasn't the MH perp seen maybe the same day HG went missing? It was reported on 9/15 and they said he was seen a few days before and it was reported a few days later. that would mean MH's killer was seen on the day of or the day before HG went missing. hence the red alert at another nearby college.
and didn't MH go missing the same weekend in Sept? what about the others missing in the past 5 years? when did they go missing?
this guy preys on new freshman looking to make friends and new to the area?
MH went missing in October.
William and Mary is in Williamsburg, about an hour and 45 minutes from UVA (guessing... I'm an hour from UVA and about 45 minutes from Wmbg).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyStebbins78