VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the previous thread, so far all leads point to JM. Then they stop. He was with her at the downtown mall, he was with her in Tempo, he left Tempo with her. Then the trail goes cold. But the police looked at his car. They saw something that allowed them to get a warrant to search his car. In his car they saw something that allowed them to get a warrant to search his house. SOMETHING was there. Now if JM is innocent it's time he talked to LE. That way, if he is innocent, they can move their investigation on. But at this moment they have leads pointing firmly in his direction and he is refusing to co-operate to help find Hannah. I don't care how scared he is. Longo wants to find Hannah and find who disappeared Hannah. He's not going to railroad someone. He wants to give real answers to Hannah's family.

Exactly :goodpost:

Police are probably waiting for the return of forensic evidence analysis. That takes time, but police cannot arrest him beforehand.

Longo said they were giving the forensics lab until Tuesday then they were going to chase up for answers

(What in the world----just now getting a chance to view the Latest Press Conference---really weird imo, I'm waiting for this speaker to either start quoting bible verses and ask us to praise Jesus, or ask for our vote in the next election. jmo Sorry, no disrespect meant, he just has a different hora than other LE speakers I've seen in past pc's, jmo)

eta: he reminds me George Bush, Jr, his mannerisms, expressions and style of speech. jmo

When LE is so aggressive in these conferences, I worry that JM will commit suicide and then there would be no due process and Hannah's poor parents won't have her remains. That's why I wish LE wouldn't talk about finding and arresting him and just do it. Ya know?

I've never heard of someone going to a police station to ask for a lawyer. There has to be more to that.

Longo didn't say JLM went to the police station to ask for a lawyer. He said JLM came in with a family member. IMO he was coming in to interview as requested, but asked for the lawyer before agreeing to talk to them.

It certainly was a bizarre development.

Maybe it wasn't "went into the police station and politely asked for a lawyer" (I know you didn't say it was like that)– maybe it was more like huffed it into the police station saying "you're harassing me you're harassing my family I can't go anywhere you're bothering my friends, etc I want to talk to a dam lawyer because you guys are breaking the law." Cops give them a few names of lawyers to satisfy him, he talks to one who tells him what the cops are doing is legal. No resolution JM storms out.

The thing is if he's innocent then why won't he just talk to LE? He makes himself look guilty. If he's so innocent then he needs to prove it!

For me, the Chief is taunting Matthew, so eventually he will get so angry, he will make a mistake, or get so angry and scared, that if other people are involved, he will tell the police everything he knows. The chief seems like he has a personal vendetta against Matthew. By now you would think someone who knows Matthew would come out and say, yeah, he is creepy, yeah, he is strange and I don't trust him. But so far to my knowledge, nobody has, people think he is a nice guy, etc.

I don't think that he has been convicted of any felonies, where his DNA would have been taken.

DNA was found on other victims, though. So there is DNA on file for the perps at this time unknown

Longo didn't say JLM went to the police station to ask for a lawyer. He said JLM came in with a family member. IMO he was coming in to interview as requested, but asked for the lawyer before agreeing to talk to them.

You could be right, but I feel like if he had initially agreed to come in for an interview Longo would've told us that.

... and actually getting one?! Unheard of.

I'm assuming he came in, said "I'll talk, but with an attorney" They found an attorney. Then from there something made him decide now wasn't the time to talk.

As I said in the previous thread, so far all leads point to JM. Then they stop. He was with her at the downtown mall, he was with her in Tempo, he left Tempo with her. Then the trail goes cold. But the police looked at his car. They saw something that allowed them to get a warrant to search his car. In his car they saw something that allowed them to get a warrant to search his house. SOMETHING was there. Now if JM is innocent it's time he talked to LE. That way, if he is innocent, they can move their investigation on. But at this moment they have leads pointing firmly in his direction and he is refusing to co-operate to help find Hannah. I don't care how scared he is. Longo wants to find Hannah and find who disappeared Hannah. He's not going to railroad someone. He wants to give real answers to Hannah's family.

Whether or not the chief is going to railroad someone is as important as how JM perceives the situation and his surroundings while at the station. The point, I believe, is how JM perceives the chief and whether he feels he is being railroaded. That may be unfair to Longo, but it's very much about how JM perceives LE are treating him.

The thing is if he's innocent then why won't he just talk to LE? He makes himself look guilty. If he's so innocent then he needs to prove it!
I understand the feeling underneath this but actually he does not need to prove his innocence, that's not how our justice system works. Innocent until proven guilty.

His behavior simply does not IMO jibe with the good guy persona his friends and acquaintances are painting of him.

If he's innocent, a good Christian with a good heart, a teddy bear, I would think he would voluntarily go to LE who have stated they want to talk to him. With a lawyer, of course.

No one needs to repeat to me his possible fear of being railroaded. I get that. But I would think that this fear would be a lot weaker in someone known to all as a good guy.

What is Longo going to do if they cannot find sufficient evidence? We have seen many cases that have been unsolved for years, where LE likely has a main suspect but not enough to arrest him or her. He says they hope they find evidence after they process what they found in his apartment and car...what if they don't? How long is he going to hold these odd and dramatic PC's for? I really hope Hannah is found and whoever is responsible is charged, but I do wonder what this case will be like a month, six months, or a year from now if it remains unsolved.

I think some might be forgetting the chiefs own words at the 1st presser. He stated basically that they don't wanna jump the gun with an arrest and charge too early without all the smaller details to back it up , so the will have not just an arrest, but also a conviction.

IMO they have evidence, most likely waiting on pending forensics for an arrest.

Reckless driving is a serious charge, up to a year in jail and $2500 fine. Loss of license, etc.

§ 46.2-860. Failing to give proper signals.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who fails to give adequate and timely signals of intention to turn, partly turn, slow down, or stop, as required by Article 6 ( § 46.2-848 et seq.) of this chapter.

Holy cow.

It's a serious charge but it rarely sticks unless speeds top 95+. The caseload of the law firm I work for is 75% reckless. In the 3 years I've been there I've seen maybe one person go to jail for a day. Everyone else generally has had the charge dropped to an infraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE is stressing that they did not release his name first in case they are wrong, Imo. No other reason. Jmo

I wanted to mention that after Morgan was found and in approximately the past two years, there have been at least two reports of female students who were suddenly approached by a taxi driver after leaving parties near the grounds. In one of the instances, I believe one of the ladies may have jumped out of the taxi. The driver was described as Indian with an accent, but doesn't get into West or East Indian. Just wondering....

My only issue with the Chief's press conferences are that despite him being only a POI at this point, it seems very clear Chief is trying to convey to the public that we know this is the guy and we have him, we just have to prove it. Chief is very clear to keep him named as POI and not suspect, but it's quite clear what his true feelings are and he wants public to know it. If that's the case, then the Chief better be right. If he's wrong, he is in the process if ruining an innocent man's life and his own career

I have a feeling JM is going to go from POI to wanted or arrested for... sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge