VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys long time viewer, new poster here.

I have been big on the Kortne Stauffer case up in PA for awhile now and this one has really gripped me as well. Really sad stuff, but hopefully we can stay positive for HG's family and we may get some good news.

Ok
I was the one that retold the story yesterday of my son being questioned at our house by police. He was not involved and it was a minor thing. We allowed the cops to talk to him. My next door neighbor, a homicide detective here on Long Island told us that we shouldn't have allowed it. He said don't ever talk to the cops without a lawyer. So I certainly will heed his advice in the future. If JM is innocent, I feel terrible for him.

Both my grandfathers were LE, my dad is LE, 4 of my uncles are LE, and my brother is LE. I was raised to always talk with a lawyer present, or listen to the lawyer, lol. It has nothing to do with morals, or religion. We have that right for a reason. When LE questions you they are doing it for 1 of 2 reasons. Either to check out your story and clear you, or to poke holes in it. Protect yourselves.

Was there not 2 rapes in Cville the same week Hannah went missing and one was left for dead...maybe she woke up and gave a description matching JM....ya think?

All of it. It seems like at least the ex GF would have said something. Most everybody wants their 15 mins. He has to be completely freaked 24/7. I mean we are all pretty obsessed and not really in the midst of the drama. I would damn sure have a lawyer. I think if he has a lawyer we would know that. I have not heard that he does. That is bizarre. Now the whole world is looking at him or for him. It's a lot of pressure. I don't see how he can last without making another move. He can't think this is going to disappear.

JMO The best thing for him to do is let himself get arrested on the warrant so he can have a hearing about indigence and be PROVIDED by the court with a public defender. JMO

This is my new theory. Hannah left first party to go meet someone downtown at the first bar she stopped at (Mc Grady's? Not positive of the name). She was in a rush because she tried to catch a bus to get there. Missed it so she decided to walk but maybe got a bit lost because it was at night and maybe she was a bit drunk. By the time she got down there whomever she planned to meet was already in the bar and she couldn't get in (probably got carded by the bouncer). So she walked through the area towards the transportation center to go back to campus and saw JM whom she knew. She called to him to say hi and then they walked in that direction together. Then she realized she had to go to the bathroom so they went into Tempo to do that and bought something to be a customer. They left and she walked on to the transportation center and he got in his car and went home. He can't prove that because it was late at night and likely stopped no where else and has no alibi. Something happened to her either before getting on a bus or after getting off near her apartment.

I don't know why exactly but I just feel he was in the wrong place, wrong time. I think Longo saw the resemblance between him and the MH suspect sketch that many of you see and went crazy gung-ho thinking it was going to be HUGE and ran with it.

"User JM says Thank You for this useful alibi...I mean post." LOL

How is someone walking alone in a popular business strip, during business hours, on the weekend, a strange occurrence?

Ok, I get you and I agree with your comment

Problem is, it SEEMS that he began to follow hannah. I repeat.. it SEEMS

We have no idea what he was doing that evening, meeting friends, working, we just don't know

Given all that and the fact LE suggested that he fingured some bald goateed dude.. well
Who knows at this point

I would like to remark on the bolded by me part of your post. What do you (or others) think this 32 year old mans intentions/motives were in buying her a drink that evening? IMO, he was taking advantage of the circumstance, so that he could take advantage of her, plain and simple.

I agree

How is someone walking alone in a popular business strip, during business hours, on the weekend, a strange occurrence?

This seems to be a common theme. This is obviously an active nightlife scene. I don't think it was strange for ANYONE to be there at those hours lol.

Ugh
"I know where #MorganHarrington is, she's in a box in my living room. We still don't know where #HannahGraham is, it's top priority."- Gil Harrington

Was she wearing any jewelry?

I haven't seen any - but I assume if there was a piece of her jewelry (or suspiciously female looking jewelry) in his apt. - they would have taken that in the first search. I'm just speculating that they found some bit of information and went searching for those 2 things and apparently they were in his apt. If he still has any of her belongings there.... well... I just seriously doubt that he does.

Longo is not totally involved in the investigation. Have you noticed in the press conferences how he has the one detective answer certain reporters questions. The detective working the case knows more than Longo.
Agreed. I have been surprised as to what he doesn't know (description of POI's "reckless" vehicle, status at the lab, etc.)

Longo is not totally involved in the investigation. Have you noticed in the press conferences how he has the one detective answer certain reporters questions. The detective working the case knows more than Longo.

He made some kind of nonchalant comment about the warrant was for articles of clothing. I thought JLM had moved.

I want to know if anyone else has ever seen a Wanted Poster for reckless driving. That's a bonafide first for me.

What the majority of viewers will see, though, is a Wanted Poster for murder. The reckless driving charge is such an afterthought in the coverage of JLM being the last known person to see Hannah before she disappeared.

He's bothered me a lot too and I wish I could remember the exact words Chief Longo used about him, but I swear I heard him say he was 'undercover'..... so maybe he was a narcotics LE?

I have never thought the WG had ill intentions or is involved in Hannah's disappearance.

I am glad he came forward. At least HE talked openly and willingly with LE. And I am sure if they wanted to ask him more questions he didn't lawyer up either.

IMO

I understand that LE cannot arrest him, could not arrest him for anything including DNA. But it seems to me that if they had identified JM as the last person with Hanna, LE would have gone to the home and asked to speak to him. That wasn't what happened from what I am reading. The police came at some odd time, the wee hours with a search warrent for the car and seized it. They then got a search warrent or also had one for the apartment itself. It seemed that the three occupants there were incidental. Yes, the police talked to them, but it didn't seem like they were interested in talking to JM, who was the last person seen with Hannah. The focus was on that car, not the owner. It seems curious to me the way this played out.

If I could pinpoint who the last person was to be with a missing person, I'd knock on the door, ring the doorbelll and very nicely, but urgently ask to talk to him. Not just present a warrent and go for his car. The car did not come into the picture with the video footage given to us and all the testimony about JM being seen. How did LE get a handle on that car? Why were they so interested in that car that they were able to get a warrent for it, the only car they got such a warrent, to search it and seize it. I feel like I'm missing something here, and that there is abig piece LE is not letting us know.

Oh, okay. I see what you mean. Maybe they felt they would tip him off to remove evidence if they didn't just swoop in and nab the car? Maybe they did try to talk to him but could locate him and not the car? Or they did ask and he refused? Maybe they got info about the car being seen? I don;t know. Good questions.

Do we have copies of the search warrants?

Hey guys long time viewer, new poster here.

I have been big on the Kortne Stauffer case up in PA for awhile now and this one has really gripped me as well. Really sad stuff, but hopefully we can stay positive for HG's family and we may get some good news.

:welcome6:

Morgan Harrington's mother being interviewed by Jane Velez Mitchell now, re possible connection in the cases...

I think that's disrespectful to Hannah's parents.

An article I read from either Thursday or Friday of last week said MH's mother had gone through police to contact Hannah's parents, but they'd not responded. Does she say in tonight's interview they've spoken?

Both my grandfathers were LE, my dad is LE, 4 of my uncles are LE, and my brother is LE. I was raised to always talk with a lawyer present, or listen to the lawyer, lol. It has nothing to do with morals, or religion. We have that right for a reason. When LE questions you they are doing it for 1 of 2 reasons. Either to check out your story and clear you, or to poke holes in it. Protect yourselves.

If everyone who ever got questioned by LE got a lawyer... our entire system of justice would break down. Honest people not involved need to tell the freaking truth!

He made some kind of nonchalant comment about the warrant was for articles of clothing. I thought JLM had moved.

I want to know if anyone else has ever seen a Wanted Poster for reckless driving. That's a bonafide first for me.

What the majority of viewers will see, though, is a Wanted Poster for murder. The reckless driving charge is such an afterthought in the coverage of JLM being the last known person to see Hannah before she disappeared.

This is a very unusual case because the person known to have seen Hannah last refuses to speak with LE.

a back door way of saying he(Matthew) is responsible for her missing,imo. It was an unnecessary statement to make by the lead investigator at a presser,imo. I feel it shows the frustration going on behind the scenes. Defaming ? no it's not ..just theatrics..

Okay. I was just asking about examples of defamation. This is not one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member